Calle San Jeronimo 2779, Santa Fe, Province of Santa Fe, 3000, Argentina
Booking.com HolidayInn.com Expedia.com

More about Santa Fe

Historical Museum & Governor´s HouseHistorical Museum & Governor´s House

Model of the main square in Santa FeModel of the main square in Santa Fe

grafity about abused womengrafity about abused women

old car modelold car model

Travel Tips for Santa Fe

no tourists!

by mindcrime

Santa Fe is the capital of Santa Fe province at NorthEast Argentina next to river Parana. It’s a small town with 350.000 inhabitants (the biggest and more famous city of Santa Fe province is Rosario).

There is nothing really touristic here to see but the two days I spent here were great because of the local friends I’ve made.

I was on my way to Iguazu Falls when I stopped at Santa Fe. I was in Rosario for some days and everyone was telling me “why do u want to go to Santa Fe, there’s nothing to see”. It’s true! No sightseeing, no big museums etc But the people are great, very warm and hospitable. The town is small enough that you can walk around and what I liked most was the walking along the riverfront (costanera) where everyone was every afternoon relaxing with their mate and admiring the river or the beautiful women… For the nightlife check out La Recoleta area where some nice pubs are…

If you want you can visit the San Francisco Convent and Church, the museo etnografico or the historical museum but there are a dozen bigger cities in Argentina for museums and this kind of stuff. For me, just go down the river and watch the people, look at the bridge that connects Santa Fe with Parana city.

Finally, if I ever return to Argentina I will definitely pass by again from Santa Fe to see my local friends that met only for some hours but you know how it goes…

Santa Fe was about 80km northeast of the present-day Santa Fe, but that was back in 1573!

Comments