Rayentray

Rayentray Hotel
Priceline.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Rayentray

Early morning view of the AndesEarly morning view of the Andes

Penguin LovePenguin Love

Dinosaur displayDinosaur display

Trelew MuseumTrelew Museum

hotels in Trelew or Puerto Madryn

by froggiez

Does anyone have any info on good hotels in Puerto Madryn or Trelew? We have to get to the airport, return rental car, and be on a flight at 9:40 am, & don't want to wake up early enough to make the trip from Punta Norte in the same morning. Any info on hotels, good or bad, will be appreciated. Thanks!

RE: hotels in Trelew or Puerto Madryn

by Porteno

From my experience none of the hotels there are grand, most are a bit overpriced for what you get and what you get can be rather bland and outdated. You might try this hotel Rayentray Hotel San Martin 101, Trelew , Argentina. It is pretty nice and the staff is good.
suerte
SAM

RE: RE: hotels in Trelew or Puerto Madryn

by vtveen

We stayed in Hotel Libertador, Rivadavia St. 31, Trelew.
Just an OK hotel. We paid last year 104 pesos paying cash with a discount of 20%. (www.hotellibertadortw.com)

happy travels
Jaap

RE: hotels in Trelew or Puerto Madryn

by hmoitta

see my argentina or puerto madryn page to see the name of the hotel we've been there, quite good one but I don't remember the name

Travel Tips for Trelew

Welsh Penguins

by Vaughanie

Trelew (Tre-lay-ooh) was our next stop on the Welsh trail (see Trevelin). This was one of the founder Welsh towns and is now the largest town in the area. We didn`t just want to stop for more welsh tea though (I did, actually, but just couldnt justify it) there were also 1,000,000 penguins to say hi to.
We took a tour from Trelew down to Punta Tombo, a couple of hours south. There was diddly squat between us and the penguins, which is good as surely that means they get some peace and quiet from the world? Unfortunately not as we were later to discover.
The area is found on the Atlantic cost and it was our first view of this mighty ocean in well over a year - the ocean that meets with Blighty - with Home - that meant after 15 months of being away - only a bit of water separated me from home. It was a nice thought.

The penguins live around the beach area and with their loving life mates, build nests and rear 2 offspring a year. We had come at a good time - week old babies everywhere crying out for parents out to see looking for food. We`ve seen penguins before, but never like this. For a start there`s the sheer number of them - 1million! They`re everywhere but not stepping on each others toes or anything - there`s room to move. You do however, get incredibly close to them. They simply totter by going about their business not at all worried that tourists with cameras are gawping at their everymove. We spent a good hour and a half with them and it was magical. Also watching them on the beach where they hang out and move in and out of the water looking for food when they can be bothered.
But then it all went Pete Tong. Several bus loads of Gringos from a cruise ship turned up with them and the place was swamped. The poor penguins!!! Hundreds of cameras snapping at them and getting in their way. It made me feel a little guilty for coming and getting in their way really. I hope the penguins dont mind too much?

From here we returned north but not to Trelew, to Gaiman - another welsh village, which meant more welsh tea! Unfortunately, we were taken to the real touristy place in town, i cant remember it`s name but it is the one Princess Diana went to. The tea was very disappointing - stale cread and cakes and bloody cheese and ham sandwiches!!!! What is this obsession the south americans have with cheese and ham sanwiches and why out them in a welsh tea when the welsh dont eat them????? Very frustrating. At least my cravings for welsh tea had now passed and I could move on with my life. My obssession was begining to take over a bit

Back to Trelew and a couple of interesting museums to investaigate - an excellent dinosaur display and some history on the welsh in the area. Both worth a look if you are passing through. Next stop, Puerto Madryn and the beach : )

Comments