Tierra de Leyendas

See Amenities
alano1's Profile Photo

Best Hostel

by written on January 14, 2008

Have to give this place 5*s. lovely accomadation, great hosts that really look after you.

A short cab ride from town, cabs are dirt cheap and plentiful, but get one with a meter or you could end up paying to much.

Unique Quality: Had 2 evening meals cooked by the owner and they were both excellent.
Good wine cellar at reasonable prices. Highly recommended!

Nice Hotel in Ushuaia

by written on December 15, 2007

This is a very nice hotel with views over Beagle Channel.
The rooms are nice and the view is breathtaking.
The staff is absolutely fantastic. Extremely kind and helpful.
The food is very good even though not cheap.
They provided us tourist information and advised us on tours to take.
We just loved our stay.

Unique Quality: The sunset from the bedroom/restaurant is just incredible.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. All the tips they gave us were great.

Directions: Five to ten minutes by taxi from Ushuaia City center.

Wambonator's Profile Photo

FANTASTIC!!!

by written on November 29, 2007

I have been in thousands of hotels (for both business and pleasure) and nowehere else I have felt as welcome as in the Hosteria Tierra De Leyendas.

Maria and Sebastian (the owners) treat you as a friend staying a few nights over in their house. Everything was done to ensure that I was comfortable.
This hotel has the best and most personal service I have come across so far.
Attention is given to every detail ranging from WiFi, DVD player in the room, etc. to the small cards each with a short story about a local legend.

Great view while having a fantastic breakfast

I had a very cool, very nicely decorated room with a great view over the Beagle Canal!

Everything was 100%, actually even more. ;-)

I highly recommend staying in the Hosteria Tierra de Leyendas

Unique Quality: Great atmosphere, great people, fantastic view

Tierra de Leyendas, best hotel and best friends

by written on August 12, 2007

We contact this hotel directly. I recommend you to take a look on their website. We found out that they have very nice packages. Maria, the owner, was very helpful and arranged a special deal for me, as I did not know which package to book. She also sent me tourist information.
They sent a car to pick us up at the airport at our arrival at no extra cost. I arrived at the hotel and there were champagne and chocolates in the room as a special gift for our honeymoon package.
Sebastian the owner is a great chef! We dine there every single night,
I must also tell that the hotel is much nicer than in the website or pictures. And also to see the spectacular views from the hotel windows as a picture right in front of you is just unforgettable. As it was winter, we had breakfast while the sun was rising. Very romantic!
They offer all homemade products at breakfast. Different types of homemade bread, croissants, fruits, local jams and many ecteteras. Maria prepared us “mate” and explained to us how to drink it.
They also arranged transfer to Cerro Castor ski centre, hot chocolate was also included after coming back from tours and Sebastian made a special hot wine as a welcome drink. A computer with internet access for free, movies , books, games. You get the feeling that you have your own home at the end of the world, and good friends waiting for you.
Our room was named "La Coquete" after a train that the prisoners used to go to the National Park to cut wood. Ask them anything that you would like to know about Ushuaia, Maria was born there and also her parents so she knows a lot. There is a table with lots of coins from around the world, as they have traveled a lot. We left them a coin from our country too.
I don`t want to miss any detail and keep writing about the best hotel I have ever stayed in my life and I feel like I have new friends at the end of the world.

Unique Quality: Great Views from the Beagle Channel
Excellent Service - the owners and the staff
Gourmet Cuisine - the owner is a very well know chef in Argentina
Detailed Decoration - all the decoration of the place is just thought to be a really warm place

Directions: Beagle Channel Shore, in Ushuaia

Ushuaia?s best hotel

by written on January 18, 2006

I stayed with my wife last month during our honeymoon. We had a great unforgettable stay at Hosteria Tierra de Leyendas. I would say that it was the best hotel that we stayed in Argentina not only for the facilites, but for the service.
Maria and Sebastian, the owners, are always willing to help and they try to make you feel at home.
The views are stunning.
Don?t miss breakfast, it is included and you will enjoyed it while overlooking the Beagle Channel. And I would suggest you to have dinner at least one night.
If you don't want to stay in a big corporate complex then I would definitely recommend staying here, where you will get really well looked after

Unique Quality: Tierra de Leyendas is a small cozy hotel, located overlooking the Beagle Channel.
Overall the facilities at Hosteria Tierra de Leyendas feel very warm, clean, and new. The rooms are well appointed and generous in size, the beds are comfortable, and the views out of our room's large windows were just stunning.They have DVD player with hundreds of movies available at no extra cost, wireless connection, safe, telephone, tv.
The food is excellent
The hosteria also has a nice living area on the main level, free internet service, and a library

Directions: Overlooking the Beagle Channel, 4km from downtown

Ushuaia´s best hotel

by written on January 18, 2006

The views are stunning.
Don´t miss breakfast, it is included and you will enjoyed it while overlooking the Beagle Channel. And I would suggest you to have dinner at least one night.

The food is excellent

Directions: Overlooking the Beagle Channel, 4km from downtown

Nearby Tierra de Leyendas

Tierra de Leyendas

• Tierra De Leyendas Ushuaia
  • Tierra De Leyendas Hotel Ushuaia

Address: Tierra de Vientos 2448, (formerly Rio Pipo), Ushuaia, Province of Tierra del Fuego, 9410, Argentina

1 Photo of Tierra de Leyendas

• Continental Breakfast
  • Ski In / Ski Out
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ushuaia Travel Forum

Need advice about Ushuaia, Argentina? Visit the Travel Forum for Ushuaia and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ushuaia hotel reviews