BH H Hostel Concordia

Cochabamba, TiquipayaCochabamba, Tiquipaya

Mc DoMc Do

3 months in Cochabamba

by simoncharris

I have just moved to Cochabamba to work as a volunteer. If you have any questions or if I can help at all then feel free to send me an vmail.

Simon

Re: 3 months in Cochabamba

by aquarius31

Hi,
I'm going to be in Cochabamba for 6 months, starting this September. I'm wondering if there is anything you recommend I bring? (Or things I can't get in Cochabamba that I'll need?) Also, I've read that the climate there is pretty nice, but how cold does it get in the mornings and evenings? Will a few sweatshirts and sweaters be enough?

Thanks for your help!!

Re: Re: 3 months in Cochabamba

by simoncharris

Sorry for the late reply, currently travelling in the Santa Cruz lowlands.

You are indeed right the climate in Cochabamba is paradise. During the days you will want just a T-shirt or a shirt as it is pleasant. The evenings and early mornings can be slightly cooler. I recommend a jumper or a jacket for those ocassions but still something fairly light.

I have seen 2 days rain in the last 3 months so that isn't a problem but I have no idea how soon that will begin to change.

Anything else to bring??? Well you can off course get anything you like in Cochabamba but personally this country suffers from a lack of good tea, gin or tonic. I had to get liberal supplies of all brought in :)

Any other questions let me know :) Will be checking more often now.

Re: 3 months in Cochabamba

by helen1285

Hi,

just wondering if you had any information on volunteer projects to do in Bolivia? Im takign a spanish course and im really keen to get some NGO experience, but i dont want to pay thousands using a commerical company.......

Re: Re: 3 months in Cochabamba

by simoncharris

already just posted in the forum for you :)

Travel Tips for Cochabamba

Arriving to the city

by jamzel

Cochabamba lies in a fertile valley at 2,558 meters above sea level, surrounded by the Tunari hill and the Alalay lagoon, its weather is mild and pleasant. It is considered the best in the whole country, with warm-sunny days and cool nights

Description of all provinces of Cochabamba

by el_comandante

I guess the most detailed online guide about Cochabamba has tourist information and photos of all provinces of Cochabamba, a calendar about fairs and events in the rural parts so that you can start you off the beaten track adventure.

My Bolivian Page

by kim83_50158

Bolivia is an amazing place! I was only 15 when I had the incredible oppurtunity to travel to Cochabamba, Bolivia to participate in a church missions trip. THat was my first trip to outside the U.S. and I definitely caught the traveling "Bug" and not to mention a passion for people living in undeveloped countries! So Cochabamba will always have a special place in my heart and I hope to go back someday soon (after I learn some Spanish)...

Comments