Rio Selva Resort

Tags

Hiking and Walking Eco-Tourism
See Amenities

A total dissapointment

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 20, 2012

Although our stay was already paid from the USA, agents at the hotel's main office in La Paz and again at the hotel itself in Coroico tried to charge us twice as they were unable to find the payment confirmation. Management staff in La Paz and Coroico were unfriendly and rude, they had no idea what to do to help, nor had the intention to do it, they only magnified the problem.
Pools were dirty and cold. Pool slides were not working. There was a creepy guy trying to book us for other Rio Selva hotes, who was controlling every step we took, he even asked my 12 years old daugher were we've been one day we stepped out of the hotel for a walk.
Rooms and sorrounding areas were not clean. Balcony doors wouldn't close completely, leaving at least 2 inch openning for bugs to crawl in, as I found a huge spider and a hairy caterpillar in my room. Most restrooms at the common areas were nasty and never had toilet paper. Bed covers were dirty.
Even the hotel occupancy was really low, I've got a room next to the billar area that had very loud music and personnel service area working right out my door washing utensils.
There is nothing to see or to do in Pacallo town, it takes about 30 minutes to get to Coroico by car or taxi if you are lucky enough to find one.
Balcony did not have a nice view, as you see waste in the river and constructions accross the river.
The good things: Sheets were really clean. Most waiters, waitresses and security guards were nice and friendly. Inside the hotel views were fantastic. Gardens and vegetation were out of this world.

Unique Quality: Really beautiful gardens and vegetation.

Nearby Rio Selva Resort

• Restaurant
  • Suites
  • Swimming Pool

Coroico Travel Forum

Need advice about Coroico, Bolivia? Visit the Travel Forum for Coroico and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Coroico