Calle Beni 340, Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Rated 59% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz de la Sierra

by chancay

Are you all sure you built your pages on the right city?? I think you all are describing Santa Cruz de la Sierra in the departamento de Santa Cruz and not Santa Cruz in the departamento de Tarija....???

Re: Santa Cruz de la Sierra

With some trouble I find the two Santa Cruz in Bolivia you are refering to:
1) Bolivia > Departemento de Tarija > Santa Cruz
2) Bolivia > Departemento de Santa Cruz > Santa Cruz de la Sierra
Unfortunately I have no map that shows the administrative division of Bolivia, however though I have not been there, I think that Santa Cruz de la Sierra in Departemento de Santa Cruz is the big city, more than halv a million inhabitants.
Tarija I can only find as a city in the south, and I see no Santa Cruz in my map.
Holger, will you please repeat your question. Are you saying that you think that people that have been in the small city Santa Cruz are putting their pages in the greater city Santa Cruz de la Sierra, or are you saying the contrary?
El Sueco
PS VT has to give us a possibility to check the locations, I have more examples that are quite imposible to solve without detailed maps which the ordinary tourist perhaps not will have available. G help us!

by chancay

ok ok, lol...will explain it again: I checked it already and to say this first....never wanted to say that this was the fault of somebody, maybe when they built their pages two years ago only this Santa Cruz existed in VT....

but now we have both Santa Cruz in VT and unfortunately the page makers have got their descriptions for "Santa Cruz de la Sierra" on the page of the little Santa Cruz in Tarija. I can say this for sure after visiting meanwhile all their pages and after finding places that are definitly in Santa Cruz de la Sierra.

This all is no big problem, just wanted to mention it to help a bit.

best regards

Hi Wal!

My Forum posting has been already seen by Giampiero and he sent me a very kind email in respect of my posting asking me to better give them (the page makers) a personal note....we thought that maybe nobody of them will recognize that forum, but at least I can see now, quite surprised, how quick there are responses.
I will give them a note / comment, but most of them didn´t use VT for more than a year....so ...:-) we´ll see....

take care

by El_Sueco

To check the location, it is big help when you find unique places you can find on your map. The trouble comes - if you are checking this when making your pages - when you find places that are totally unfamiliar to you in the list, you don´t find locations in your map from the list of locations nearby, and you know only one place with the name that you are going to make a page on, and nothing seems to fit.
It is easy then to begin screaming: G!
Håkan
PS G has always answered my questions very rapidly, Tillman is a bit slower, but perhaps he has more to do ;-)

by chancay

Just to go on this to a general problem changing forum.....I have another question: why is there sometimes absolutely the same place two times to find in VT? Is there also a good explanaition for this fact?
I will give an example:
Peru- departamento de Ica - Nazca

you´ll find this place two times in VT.
regards

Holli
I must correct you. They are not exactly the same. Look at Destinations in & around and you will see the differences. (It does not always help you though!)
The first Nazca that shows up has the distination "Parangavi" at a distance of 0.0 km (?huh?)
The coordinates is more or less (taken manually from my map): 74.96W and 14.82S
(this Nazca is the "right" one you are looking for, I think)
Second Nazca has Hacienda Jumana as first nearby destination. I cant find this Nazca on my map, but reading the other nearby destinations, I more or less can deduce the coordinates:
75.24 W and 14.73S
(near Changuillo, Juman, Usaca etc)
This was a good example, because it shows that not having maps you can´t know that you destination is the right one. Many times small villages and places have the same name as some big cities. And how do you know then?
I can understand the huge classification problem to separate "unimportant" destinations from the important ones. I think that in due course VT staff will have to work with this, but for the moment they have to correct spellings etc (if I have understood G:s VT-posting right). Good luck with that too! We are all apreciating your efforts, and can hardly wait until all things are right.
El_Sueco

pebbles46
Your problem is different. You are talking about places that are wrong placed. I talk about places that are right placed, but you can´t know which one is the one you are looking for (if they have the same names).
El_Sueco

pepples46
Excuse me, i wrote your name wrong!

pepples46
hold it for 1 second. Do not complicate the things now ...
>all are built on Santa Cruz de la
>Sierra, departamento Santa Cruz...
>Vt set it under :departamento de Tarija
I think you mean the contrary.
Santa Cruz de la Sierra en Departemento Santa Cruz is the main tourist spot!
For the moment just forget Santa Cruz in Departemento de Tarija!! (my apologies to people who live there).
May I go to sleep now, please!

by chancay

Hi all...(hmm, all are here Wal, Hakan and Giampiero...not too much :-)))!

What a pity (for me) that I haven´t been online last night (for me last night...as for Hakan too) to discuss with you. Now I can only read all your interesting postings. As I already posted yesterday on Chile pages, changes and corrections are going very well, I recognized surprised and happy that "Isla Negra" was put now in the right "Región" by VT..(THANKS!!) .this problem was again a bit different but of the same "family" . I´m sure VT is working hard on making true all our wishes :-)
I see the Santa Cruz problem still as a problem of the owners of the pages ....they have to move their pages now, would be at least the easiest way to solve the problem. I don´t know what was the reason for this mistake "long" time ago, if it has been because of not existing Santa Cruz DE LA SIERRA in VT before or for other reasons...doesn´t matter currently.
The other problems as the Koblenz one e.g should be...if I understood right, managed by VT....
I saw on another ones page a "Freiburg im Breisgau" page placed in "Freiburg in Niedersachsen"...both places exist in VT, so again a user-problem.....LOL, Freiburg exists more than 20 times in Germany, this can be one day really difficult.
So, we are all helping VT a bit in posting the problems....and WE HAVE A LOT OF FUN IN TALKING ABOUT THEM, DON´T WE???
warmest regards

Travel Tips for Santa Cruz

The colonial part of downtown...

by Turco

The colonial part of downtown Santa Cruz viewed from the north. The lagoon in the picture is the artificial lagoon of a city park called Arenal where you can rent boats and buy crafts made by artisans.

Tourists visiting Bolivia...

by Turco

Tourists visiting Bolivia often overlook the Jesuit Missions of eastern Santa Cruz. However, these rare churches are very unique in its nature and architecture. They were built in the 17th century by the Jesuit missioners and the Chiquito Indians. They present a combination of European Baroque art and the spirituality and artistic expressions of the natives. If you go during Catholic Holy Week or during a Catholic festivity you will see great musical performances and dances from the native people. The most famous missions are Concepcion, San Javier, San Jose, San Miguel, San Rafael, Santa Ana, Asuncion and San Ignacio. San Javier is the easiest to get to. You can either take a bus or fly there from Santa Cruz (tiny airplanes). There are plenty of hotels and hostels to stay. While in the mission check out the little town around the church, they are very well preserved and they have not change much since colonial times.

Espejillos (Santa Cruz, Bolivia)

by witou

Espejillos is a small resort and campsite 20 minutes west of Santa Cruz crossing the Piraí River. This is a little paradise in the middle of the rainforest. The hotel has a restaurant and no more than a dozen rooms.

Rainforest in Espejillos.

Espejillos is surrounded by lots of creeks and waterfalls that carve their ways down the valley. The water is crystal clear and you can bath in the small lagoons formed by the creeks.

Comments