Hotel Lido

Calle 21 de Mayo 527, Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Otel.com

More about Santa Cruz

How do I get from Cuiaba (brasil) to Santa Cruz?

by miengillis

I want to get from Cuiaba to Santa Cruz, how should I do this, the closest border crossing is Caceres-San Matias but the road from there to Santa Cruz isin bad condition this time of the year (thats what they told me..), should I better go to Campo Grande and fly to Santa Cruz or take the train from Corumba?

Thanks!

Mien

Re: How do I get from Cuiaba (brasil) to Santa Cruz?

by dave7oaks

Hi - I have the same question. Just wondered whether you had managed to find an answer at all. I am thinking about the train at the moment but would be intersted in seeing if it is possible to get from Cuiba to Corumba and how long it would take

Re: How do I get from Cuiaba (brasil) to Santa Cruz?

by oorast

Hi, I don't know about Cuiaba but from Campo Grande the best thing to do is a bus ride up to Corumbá then cross the border (i mean, the river) and you're in at Puerto Suárez, Bolivia.
Once in Puerto Suárez you just hop a plane that for about 50 bucks drops you off in Santa Cruz de la Sierra.
Road and rail connections between Santa Cruz and Puerto Suárez are in such pathetic conditions that no one in his right mind would want to go that path...not Bolivians, at least...but if you feel like that, well, good luck!
Hope it helps,
Bless

Travel Tips for Santa Cruz

Visit the local markets...

by witou

Visit the local markets specially “Las Siete Calles”, “Los Pozos” y “Mercado Nuevo”. They are all in “El Centro” and are relatively save. “La Ramada” is probably the largest market and is quite a culture shock for any body from abroad. He you have to be a little more careful, it is just outside “El Centro” and close to the bus station.

Sausage Cruz de la Sierra

by pothalion

We arrived there coming from Brazil-Bolivia border, in the "Expresso del Oriente" train, also known as "Trem da Morte" (Detah Train). The explanation to this name is in the 70's that train took corpses from Malaria infection to the cities.

We arrived there in the night. Went to a restaurant. We were originally 6, by now we were 17, among brasilienses, paulistas and americans. We sat and asked for chicken. I asked for the Saltipapas, a mix of sausage, potatoes and the bolivian national sauce: ketchup, mostard and mayonese.

After that we went to a nearby bar, the only open that time. Red lights, semi-nude woman, suspect people. Well, what the hell, let's have fun anyway. We drank, danced and talked to the professional ladies. Also tought them how to dance samba!

We resisted till morning, when we could get the bus to Cochabamba, and from there to La Paz.

The girl outside the train, taking pictures, is my friend Bruna.

Comments