Naoum Plaza Hotel

Setor Hoteleiro Sul Quadra 05, Blocos H/I, Brasilia, Federal District, 70322-914, Brazil
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Brasília

JK Memorial - monument to the founder of BrasiliaJK Memorial - monument to the founder of Brasilia

the tower from the other side of the Eixothe tower from the other side of the Eixo

JK memorial with his statueJK memorial with his statue

The CathedralThe Cathedral

Is there any place for shopping in Brasilia??

by penguinking

Does anyone know of any place in Brasilia great to spend an afternoon shopping ?

Is there any big shopping center in Brasilia??

thanks for any advice.

by LoucoSP

Hello My Friend

the Major cities in Brazil you can find big malls.

Cheers

Marçal

by evertrip

see Conjunto Nacional - http://www.cnbshopping.com.br/

by cristiana04

yes. there are many shopping centers in Brasilia, maybe more than necessary, you can try:
Park Shopping
Terraço Shopping
have fun

by FRANCY24

Hello,

The very best shopping center in Brasilia is Park Shopping, but a bit out of the city (around USD 15-20 from downtown each way).

Brasilia has over 15 shopping malls. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Travel Tips for Brasília

Know Your Portuguese

by cwest03

Brasilia is in the middle of the country and not much of a tourist spot so not many people speak English or any other language outside of Portuguese. I would highly recommend learning some key phrases and bringing along a good phrase book. Actually, this probably is a good idea for most of Brazil including the big cities. Without knowing the language you're forced to draw picture to get your point across. As you can see in the picture I have provided here I did not follow my own advice and was forced to rely on my Dictionary skills to get my point across. I did finally get my shirts pressed which was much better than ironing them myself (my original plan)

Visit the TV tower, go up and...

by TWINE

Visit the TV tower, go up and enjoy the great view over the city! You can spot all the 'famous' buildings and decide which route you want tot ake to visit them. Personally, I suggest to start from the west with the JK memorial. By going to the east side of the city, you pass the TV tower, Dom Bosco church, the cathedral and the parlament buildings.

The Capital of my Country (Brazil)

by luwan

"The Congress"

My last visit: july 2006

For me, Brasilia is not a interesting place to have fun!!! The most thing to do over there is just knowing the congress (and parlament) - it is so beautiful and shick! - and the president's home (the palace).

"At the Congress"

There are many guides to show you how the congress works and the fortune that is spent there with the politics!
The pic shws how comfortable is!

CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE

A dream come true

by Dikkker

Finally, after several months of planning I finally did it. With the help of a VT friend I travelled to and explored this artificial city.

Best of all: thanks to VT I have found a nice friend in Brasilia ("Lua" - go and check her VT site) who showed me "her" city.

A walk on the Square of the Three Powers

by Groentje

"A grand Square"

I start with the picture of my favourite monument: the Brasilian flague post! The flague is the largest in Brasil and gets changed every once in a while, as it is too heavy (and tears easily apparently). Each time it is changed, another state covers the costs. The post is also made up of smaller posts, each representing one of the Brazilian states.
At least that's what I've been told!
The monument in the front represents Friendship, which I find is situated on the perfect spot (square of the three powers, which have to work together to get things done).

"Power # 1 - The Judicial Power"

This is the building where the Supreme Court resides. In front of it is a very modern version of Dame Justice.

"Power # 2 - The Executive Power"

Click on the picture to see the complete picture. This would be the office of the President of Brasil, so currently this is where Lula comes to earn his daily wages.

"Power # 3 - The Legislative Power"

I love these buildings! The two tall buildings are Parliament and the Chamber, both forming the National Congress. There's a small bridge that connects the two, resembling the connection between the Chamber and Parliament, making it one union. You can not quite see in this picture, but there's another construction next to this building, looking like huge contact lenses lying on the floor (well, they look like my lenses at least). The Congress meetings are held there.
Isn't it neat? This shows again the great symbolism about this planned city.

"The Liberty Panteon"

This building has a great painted glass window, I seem to remember. For the rest, I don't really remember what's there to see :-/ Can anyone remind me?
Also, it looks a bit like a dove, doesn't it?

Comments