Estrela D'Agua Hotel

Estrada Arraial D'Ajuda-Trancoso s/ n, Praia dos Nativos, Trancoso, State of Bahia, Brazil
Estrela D'Agua
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Rated 15% higher but also costs 273% more than other 4 star hotels

More about Pôrto Seguro

praia do mucugepraia do mucuge

at passarela d'alccolat passarela d'alccol

Going for a tour of the ranchGoing for a tour of the ranch

The buffalosThe buffalos

Ferry

by AnjaV

Till what time goes the ferry between Porto Seguro and Arrial d'Ajuda ...

Anybody? :)

ps
The Cuba-Junky does Brazil again this year .... :)

Re: Ferry

by mangueirense

Hi Cuba Junky,

I read that the ferry between Porto Seguro and Arraial D'Ajuda goes 24 hours a day, so I guess you won't have any problem going at normal day or night times to one of the places!

It's really nice that you are doing Brazil another time, if you need any info on Porto Seguro or Arraial please tell me, ok?

Greetings
Evelyn

Re: Re: Ferry

by AnjaV

Thanks Evelyn, I will ...
I just booked the Junior suite in hotel Santa Fe Arraial for September ... looks great!

RE: RE: Ferry

by hyeeh6

Hello, I would like to know your experience at the sante fe hotel in arraial d' ajuda? Are there any suites there with an ocean view and jacuzzi? Was this a great hotel or would u suggest another? I would luv one that has the mosquito netting around the bed overlokking the ocea but can't seem to find that on the imternet. How was the area in general, i will only have 2 days in porto seguro area? Thanks in advance

Travel Tips for Pôrto Seguro

peixe na telha

by quartinb

an example of one of hundreds great dishes that you can try in PS.this one served by the beach it's the one with more fondest memory from my travel to brasil. grilled fish, along wih a shrimp sauce and "pirão" ( i'll try to explain wath this is, on another tip ).

light clothing

by quartinb

even if yu are travelling with yur family
no need for a big case light clothing and shoes are the most advisible. regular (more) used remedies. digital digital. sun screen protector and all.

Pitinga Beach

by APaulo

The beach of Taípe and Pitinga in the Arraial the paredões of calcareous rock have as main atractions, beach huts well (where it can enjoy of a delicious fish baked in the roofing tile) and other typical options. To the afternoon visit the "vilarejo" of the Arraial D`Ajuda,t the Church of Ours Mrs. D`Ajuda (1549 construction the 1551), etc.

toa toa

the other beach shack.
almost side by side, a couple of miles dividing, and smaller one,
but with the same amount of entertainment.
by the beach also a great place to rest and a wonderfull time spending.

ah..Porto Seguro...such beaches

by ojos_de_mar

"Getting there"

I have to say that getting to Porto Seguro must have been one of the most pleasant trips I've ever had on an airplane. Although I went with a group from a Portuguese class I was in, I do remember the arrangements for it. We flew in from Sao Paulo in the VASP airline (if I'm not mistaken) What can I say..good food, great scenaries from the window and a very tranquil flight. I took a 6 am flight, so maybe that helps. Plus, it stetched our day, so when we got there it was still morning. The airport, although small, was pretty nice and we got out of there fast. of course there was a bus waiting for us just outside of the place, which made everything even better. I was told that most of the packages included this as part of the deal..pretty good, huh? Well...there is quite a variety of hotels to stayin, pretty cheap I might add...and some of them offer organized tours to the reefs, beaches, the pasarela do alcool and other attractions. Also, you can rent a buggy to ride around the area and go to the different beaches, this way we got to go to the Ponta do Descobrimento, Trancoso, Arraial d'Ajuda and were able to arrange other tours through the assistance of one of the various spots that offer adventure packages, their offices are well located along the Pasarela and are hard to miss. Since I went during the July month, everything seemed pretty calm..we dined and had fun in the Pasarela as well as in the hotel..now..they tell me that during the summer -December-march period- it's a whole different story..so watch out but have fun!

"Going to the beaches!"

top three picks:
POnta do Descobrimento
Arraial d' Ajuda
Tancoso
My absolute fave one was Arraial..such a nice and beautiful place..to get to Arraial and Trancoso you have to cross from Port o Seguro througha ferry...so carry some extra cash and get ready to wait in line. but once you getthere, it will all be worth it. Just the trip to get there and the scenaries are breathtaking. i can compare it to the scearies of Saba when i wente there,...once you get to the beach. just be ready to hang out and relax under the sun. Trancoso offers quite a deal in kayaking rentals and restaurants along the bwach. Just make sure to go on high season, because when we were there, most of the things were closed or unavailable
Still..It made a great beach spot. Also, POnta do Descobrimento, a 30 minute drive from the Pasarela do Alcool and the Coral reef off the shores of Porto Seguro are pretty nice, it can give you options if you are going with kids. Plus, shopping in POnta do Descobrimento is a good place to go shop, an inexpensive way to carry home some real treasures.

Comments