Sol Barra Express

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Av. Sete de Setembro, 3577, (formerly Praiamar Hotel), Salvador, State of Bahia, 40130-000, Brazil
Hotel Sol Barra
Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 51% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

More about Sol Barra Express

Carnival In Salvador With Tours Gone Wild

by Travelking2008

"Day 1 (Jan. 31, 2008)"

After a 5 months of waiting after I purchased my trip, the day is finally here. The dream trip to Carnival in Brazil and all of the beautiful Brazilian hotties!!!! Everything is set. I have my visa, passport, my bags are packed and I got to the airport in Miami 3 hours before my flight. Let¡¦s see if the $3,000 I spent for my one in a lifetime trip was worth it. My friends went on the Tours Gone Wild trip last year and they still can¡¦t stop talking about it. I was able to get my friend Sergio to go with me and he is as excited as me. After a long flight (8 hrs from Miami to Sao Paulo & 2.5 hrs from Sao Paulo to Salvador), my body is a little tired, but I¡¦m ready to Party my butt off!!! Everything is going like clockwork. The Tours Gone Wild guys were at the airport to pick us up right on time and we arrived at the Sol Barra Hotel at noon. The hotel was decent, not the lap of luxury, but it had a great pool, in front of the beach and in the first 5 minutes of checking into the hotel I met my first Brazilian cutie!!!! Erika from Rio de Janeiro ¡V Beautiful tan skin and a great smile!!!! I got her room number and told her I¡¦d meet up with her later. I was a little tired from the trip and needed to get some rest before the 3pm orientation. At 3pm, we met up in the Sol Barra Conference Room for orientation. The abadas (party shirts) were handed out to everyone and the Tours Gone Wild guides and crew were there to answer all of our questions. It was crazy to meet all of the people on the trip. It was an awesome group from people all over the world. We had guys from the Military that just got there from serving their country in Afganhistan & Iraq, people from Australia, the UK, South Africa, Spain, Italy, but most everyone was from the US. The meeting was insightful and all of our questions were answered. At 7pm we were to meet in the lobby and head to our first party night at a camarote. I tried to get to Erica in her room, but she wasn¡¦t there. That night we arrived at the party. It was crazy just getting there as there was millions of people already in party mode and in the streets. The venue was huge. It had a huge area to dance and watch the parade go by with the bands, like 2 or 3 clubs inside, bars to buy drinks all over the place and a huge food court. It even had internet and a salon for the girls to do their hair and makeup!!!!! It was definitely a crazy night of dancing, drinking and meeting tons of ladies!!!! It was incredible how crazy it was and how approachable all of the girls were. I know Spanish, but

"Day 2 (Feb. 1, 2008)"

Portuguese was hard to understand. I tried to speak some Spanish and the girls could understand me a bit, but it didn¡¦t really matter the music was blasting and everyone was dancing. All you had to do is throw a little smile and start dancing with the ladies. I also had my Tours Gone Wild wing man with me. Wilson hooked it up big time!!! He gave me tips and helped me out w/ the ladies. Next thing you know it¡¦s midnight and I had already made out with 3 girls right before I saw you know who ¡V Erika!!!! Lets just say it was an incredible night for me and Sergio that was also an awesome wingman and hooked up with her friend Juliana. From what Wilson (The Tours Gone Wild guide) told me the night before, Carnival is about partying at night and chilling during the day. He told me to drink tons of water and relax so I will be able to go out all night and that¡¦s what I did. I chilled at the pool with Erica and some of the Tours Gone Wild crew at the pool all day. That night was a bloco (moving street party) so I wanted to be rested and ready to party all night. The guys from Tours Gone Wild picked up the group at around 6pm and we headed to the beginning of the Carnival circuit, which was right by the hotel. The buses that hold the bands are huge with incredible sound systems. The big truck that carries the band goes in the front and there is a smaller truck with bathrooms and a bar that follows it. There¡¦s also over a 1000 security people holding a rope that surrounds both trucks and makes sure that no one not wearing the party shirt for that band can get inside the ropes. The bloco was one of the funnest experiences of my life. It was a night of dancing and drinking. Not only that, the women were incredible. Again, another night that Tours Gone Wild hooked it up and made this a Vacation of a lifetime and it was only the 2nd night!!! That night after the bloco I chilled with Adriana (another Brazilian girl I met in the party!!!) on the street watching the rest of the blocos go by and had another incredible night!!!!

Today, I barely slept and woke up at around noon to go on the optional excursion I bought with Tours Gone Wild. They had a beach day planned to go to a beach about 45 minutes away from Salvador. The guys picked us up right on time and we spent an awesome time at the beach. The water was incredible and the beach was beautiful. There was also a lot of locals there, which I liked. I would have definitely not have been able to find this place on my own. At about 5pm, we headed back to the hotel because we were getting picked up at 8 for the next Camarote, which was open bar and from what Adriana and Erika told me, one of the best Camarotes in Salvador. . Lets hope I don¡¦t see both of them there ;). Some of the guys in the group decided to watch the Super Bowl and then head to the party. I was in Salvador to party on my dream trip so I wasn¡¦t interested in Football The camarote was incredible. Not only did they have open bar, but they had incredible food. The open buffet included sushi and local brazilian food. Chiclete com Banana, the #1 band in Brazil, also stopped right in front and came into the Camarote to sing. It was incredible. One of the best parties I¡¦ve been to and every night is getting better and better. Tours Gone Wild has done an incredible job and there is no way I would have done this without them. That night I met tons of girls. Adriana & Erika didn¡¦t show up, but I did meet Leticia. LOL. One of the Tours Gone Wild guides put her number in his phone and I told her I¡¦d call her the next day to chill. It was 6am and time to head back to the hotel. My body was tired from being at the beach all day and I knew I needed to get some rest if I was going to make it the next three days. Day 4 - Today, I woke up at 5pm. LOL. Sergio woke me up and let me know that the Tours Gone Wild Guides were downstairs to take us to the next bloco. I showered and ran downstairs. Another night of crazy partying and I was feeling good and rested!!!! I met up with the group. I couldn¡¦t believe how cool the group was. Everyone was telling their crazy stories and were agreeing that this was the best trip they had ever been on. I went to buy some beers for a couple of buddies I met on the trip and long and behold I see Leticia ¡V the girl from the night before. She was definitely the hottest girl I¡¦ve met on the trip. Long black hair, hazel eyes, and an incredible body. She reminded me a little bit of Adriana Lima. The Tours Gone Wild guide hooked it up again. I guess she called him looking for me and he told her the party I was going to be at. She got her shirt and was there to meet me!!! I couldn¡¦t believe it!!! I spent the entire time in the bloco with Leticia and her friends. I even hooked some of the guys in the group with her friends. That night was awesome. The bloco was incredible. I spent the morning watching the sunrise on the beach with Juliana. This has got to be one of the best days of my life!!!!!

Lacerda Elevator, Salvador, BrazilLacerda Elevator, Salvador, Brazil

SalvadorSalvador

cool drink after a hot daycool drink after a hot day

Life in Itaparica: sunbathing in the water.Life in Itaparica: sunbathing in the water.

Travel Tips for Salvador

BOIPEBA BRAZIL

by ANACONDA2

"HARD TO FIND BUT WORTH THE EFFORT"

Swap the rat race for this laid-back paradise off the Bahian coast. It's difficult to get to but the lengthy journey by road and boat is rewarding because it passes through the seductive Bahian scenery. Boipeba has rare natural beauty and a vast variety of eco-systems. Walk along deserted pristine beaches and through coconut groves or simply laze in your hammock, one of which hangs outside each of the individually designed rooms at the Pousada Santa Clara. The island is totally peaceful because there are no cars, most goods are transported by mule, and the only form of mechanised transport is a tractor. Feast on excellent fresh seafood in the restaurant.

How to get there

Journey Latin America (020-8747 8315; www.journeylatinamerica.co.uk) offers a seven-night b&b package from £945 per person, based on two sharing. The cost includes three nights in Salvador at the Posada Red Fish and four nights in Boipeba at the Pousada Santa Clara, return international flights and all road and sea transfers.

Further information

Brazilian Tourist Office (020-7629 6909; www.brazil.org.uk

"sunset on boipeba"

the hot sun sets into the ocean and the cool breeze gets you ready for the night life

"food and drinks are great on boipeba"

i think one of the best pizza i ever ate was on boipeba

"leaving boipeba"

it's very easy to make friends on boipeba

Comments