Albergue dos Anjos

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Zarasher's Profile Photo

Not the best

The Good:
    *It is cheap, especially for a single room in comparison to other places

*The owner is is a friendly nice guy and will do his best to make sure you settle in

*It is clean apart from the shower. The bar area, where they serve food is clean as are the rooms and bedclothes.

*Brilliant location

* Flexible about check in times

*Breakfast every morning with the door and windows wide open(Thinking about it makes me wish I was back in Salvador)

The Bad and the Ugly:
    * The showers were awful. The women's showers were tiny and covered by a small curtain. The men's shower which was ina room where you could lock the door (with a toilet) for privacy had a shower with very low pressure, so I always felt dirty. Plus the water wouldnt drain, so the owner would send one of the staff up to mop the water in the shower up

* I couldnt fit my knees into the space that was the women's toilet cubicle... it had a makeshift plastic door but litterally you would have to squat on the toilet seat to fit in comfortably.
    *No laundry facilities or accesible computer, and iron. I would go to Laranjeiras to use their facilities.

* There are no lockers. I didnt find this to be a problem, but another person who was going to check in the same time as I was left for this reason.

* I would have found it hard to meet people because alot of the times there was just me and 2 or 3 others staying there and there arent many rooms to meet that many people anyway.

* When the owner is not on his farm he more or less lives there, so this means bringing his whores and overtaking the bar area and making u feel uncomfortable if necessary. One night we went out and left him with 2 women in the bar area and came back after a club and the doors were locked. I like to come and go as I please, so that was not appreciated. As I had to pee on the street which was very nerve wracking as they have military police everywhere, and to be caught with my knickers around my ankles would not have been the look!

Comments