CanaVille Design Hotel Residential

Parque Sao Cristovao 10, Salvador, State of Bahia, 41500-610, Brazil
Expedia.com

More about Salvador da Bahia

pigging out with the sururupigging out with the sururu

Tourist getting her photo madeTourist getting her photo made

Pai Inacio Hill - Chapada Diamantina - BahiaPai Inacio Hill - Chapada Diamantina - Bahia

Folklore Dance PerformanceFolklore Dance Performance

Dentists in Salvador

by Smile2009

I am planning on a visit to Salvador da Bahia and want to get major dental work done while there, since the cost is outrageous in the USA. All of the resources I've seen for Brazilian Dentists - particularly those who speak English, are in Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paolo. Can anyone suggest an online list of dentists in Salvador, with links to the clinic's websites? Or can anyone share their experiences with a particular dentist, either good or bad. I really prefer to go to someone who can communicate in English and who regularly sees foreigners who go to Brazil for the lower prices. Thanks.

by cassiovieggore

I believe you know how difficult is to point some professional when you live very far from it. I live in Belo Horizonte/MG.
However I may try to help you sending some hints.
* CROBA is the Odontology Regional Conceil from Bahia. Adress, e-mail and fax
from CROBA are:
- Rua Basilio da Gama, 03; croba@croba.org.br; Fax: (71) 3114-2509
* CROBA link is:
- http://www.croba.org.br/index.php?centro=servicos/CRO.html

Not a single Regional Conceil is obliged to know if its members talk fluently some foreign language. So I believe the valuabler answer for you shall be from
Bahia native citizens. It's easy for "baianos" to answer your question.
I just thought my hints may facilitate you in getting in touch with some unknown odontologist. A citizen from Minas Gerais state who really is 1400Km far from Salvador may hinder your inquirying.
Good luck! Cassiovieggore

by Smile2009

Thanks very much for responding so quickly to me!! CROBA looks like a very good place to start. The web page is in Portuguese, but I can use online translation tools to establish contact and ask them if someone there can write back to me in English or Spanish. You have been very helpful to me with this!! I am very excited to visit Brasil and see your country. I will be in Bahia and Pernambuco for 3 weeks and they both look like wonderful places with many interesting things to see and do. Thanks again,
Felipe

by bahiana77

If you look on the site for Salvador www.bahia-online.net, you will find contact info for a very good, kind-of-English-speaking (she herself told me she didn´t think she spoke that well, but I didn´´t speak to her in English either) dentist. However, her prices are pretty much equal to prices in the U.S. For some one who speaks English in Salvador, I think that´s going to be the rule. Lower prices in Salvador mean you better be able to explain yourself and understand the response in Portuguese.

Travel Tips for Salvador da Bahia

Learn portuguese before you go!

by sakuyaini

I think Brazilians like talking even to strangers! I wish I can talk portuguese when I was there because even when stucked at a bus stop for example (while waiting for the rain to stop), everybody talks to everybody, and I wish I can join the conversations! It would've been so much fun! They talk to me, only to find out I hardly understood what they said :*( ...

Traditional Bahian dress

by toonsarah

All over the older part of Salvador, and especially in Pelorinho, you will see women dressed in the traditional style. Some of these work in the tourist-aimed shops, e.g. crafts, and wear the dress to attract customers, while others pose on street corners and hope to earn money by being photographed. Unlike in Havana, where a similar custom prevails, the women are quite aggressive in their “sales technique”, so I found myself trying to bypass it and take a few shots for free!

The dress, like so much else in Salvador, has its origins in Africa and in slavery – costumes similar to this would have been worn by slave women. It consists of a colourful turban-style headdress, a full dress with starched skirts, a shawl and plenty of jewellery.

Praia do Forte

by sof76

At 50 Km. from Salvador, there is a town called Praia do forte.
The place is cute and there you have Projeto Tamar, it's a turtle reservation (more pictures at my travelogue).
I think is worth going for two days unless you stay at the Eco Resort which its said its great.

A 50 Km. de Salvador hay un pueblito llamado Praia do Forte.
El lugar es muy pintoresco y ahi esta el Proyecto Tamar, es una reserva de tortugas (hay mas fotos en mi travelogue).
Creo que vale la pena ir por dos dias a menos que se hospeden en el Eco Resort que dicen que es muy bueno.

Itapuà shopping area

by ludogatto

Itapuà is a popular siside area so here you can find simply but cheap shop where to buy clothes, bikini, snikers, amaca and more, cheper than the touristic center area.
the shops close about 6,30 o'clok p.m.

car rental

by ludogatto

If you want to get around Bahia you can rent a simply car. The most international car rental are at the airport, but in the city you can find little car rental with special price, but you have to ask all the surcharge, insurance and more. For example the budget car haven't a illimited millage and the distance are very big so you finish your daily bonus in 5 minutes.
You don't need an international driving licence, but you need a credit card....
I prefer little car because are more 'invisible', normal simply car, but don't do off road ( like ride de sandy dunes or pass trou litlle river): Brasilian art special for it but you are not brasilian!!!!!!

Comments