Hotel Villa Santo Antonio

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Rua Direita do Santo Antonio 130, Centro Historico, Salvador, State of Bahia, 40301-280, Brazil
Hotel Villa Santo Antonio
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 44% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

More about Salvador da Bahia

beach in front of the hotelbeach in front of the hotel

molho de amendoimmolho de amendoim

Forte Santa MariaForte Santa Maria

Caetano e Gil: Tropicalia 2Caetano e Gil: Tropicalia 2

Arriving from Canada, transferring from Sao Paulo airport to Salvador

by knowles000

Hi there
I've heard that transferring at Sao Paulo airport to go to Salvador is not easy.
I read in one online article that you have to go through customs and then go back to an airline check-in desk and line up there again.
I don't have much time between connections so I really would like to avoid lining up in the wrong line for an hour and then finding out I have to go somewhere else to line up, so any advice anyone can give would be great!

I would be flying with TAM from Toronto Canada to Sao Paolo and then transferring to go to Salvador (also with TAM).

Many thanks!

by rkearns

Hi,
I have had to fly into Sao Paulo and take another flight to Florianopolis. I would consider doing online check in for your Salvador flight if possible. Yes, you will have to go through customs, but in my experience, they know you have a connecting flight and they will know what you are going through and where you are coming from. Just make sure you know where your gate is ahead of time, and that should save you some time. I end up running but I have never been left behind.
Hope that helps a bit.

by cgf

I believe you'll have no problem as you've only one ticket, haven't you?
just ask TAM and they would help you.

btw I never waited much for customs in SaoPaulo and I belive it's impossible to get a wrong line. Inside the airport all infos are written also in English.

by knowles000

thanks for the quick replies!
Gives me some re-assurance :)

by msp_ssa

I've made the exact same connection twice. Once with a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old and the second time with a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old. They are pretty good at making sure you go to the right gate after you clear customs and put your bags back on the conveyor belt. Making a simple question of your destination, Salvador?, helps, just to make sure you're going in the right direction. I remember it being a bit chaotic, but such is life sometimes in Brazil.

by Zarasher

I didn't come from Canada to Sao Paulo but I came from London and was changing there to Salvador. I would say Check in as soon as possible because I lined up for about 5 hours. Luckily my stop over was all day but it was truly a nightmare so be prepared.

by gman17

It's not enough to ask someone where to line up to go to Salvador...I made that mistake and they sent me to a different airline that goes to Salvador. Luckily I figured it out quickly that it was not where I needed to be.
Better to show someone your intinerary specifically pointing to TAM airlines.
If I remember right , you come out of customs, go to the left and up the stairs...go past the first set of lineups(airlines) to the second set and you will find TAM.

Travel Tips for Salvador da Bahia

A beautiful view

by kaloz

I send lots of postcards. I get a local paper in the language of the country, and find a quiet spot to write to friends. I copy the headlines so that my cards are exotic. Foreighn papers are fairly easy to read, you may not get every word, but you can tell the gist of the story. Salvador is a very beautiful place to sit and enjoy the scenery. Don't try to do too much. Just let things come to you.

Eat ACAI (ah sah eee) for Breakfast!

by MulattaCarioca

This yummy pulp from the Acai plant is often served with banana or granola for breakfast, or an anytime snack. Acai is akin to the noni plant in comparing antioxidants. It provides 10-30 times the antioxidant power of red wine, more than bluberries (!!!) and has omega 3 acids! It's a Brasilian superfood!

Soccer

by msp_ssa

Soccer is king in Brazil, of course. I saw a few games while in Salvador. This stadium is called Fonte Nova. The club team Bahia used to play its home games here. I got to see a Ba-Vi in this stadium, the classic match up of Bahia vs. Vitória.

Sao Marcelo Fort
Built by the...

by martinelli

Sao Marcelo Fort

Built by the dutches when they were struggling for the power in Salvador, it is most definately one of the greatest vies. Once a fort, once a prision, all you have to do is to go to the pier beside Mercado Modelo, get a boat and enjoy the spectacular view of the city and the bay!

Picture borrowed from Udo Müller's site

Take the bus if you can

by Zarasher

Most of the time I travlled around the city by bus. the fare being 1 Reais 50 per journey. You can also get the airconditioned executivo to get around which costs 3.70.

Sometimes when waiting at a bus stop taxi drivers will come by and offer you a ride to a popular destination (pelo or barra) for 2RS per person. On a hot day you are unlikely to say no!

Comments