Village Novo

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 7 reviews

Tags

Arts and Culture Family Travel Music
See Amenities

Beautiful accomodations with a perfect location.

by written on October 19, 2012

We are in the hotel now. We arrived 2 days ago and we, my husband and I with our 2 children are comfortably nestled into one of the 2 bedroom apartments. We don't have photos downloaded yet but will post them later. The apartment is spacious with wood floors, big windows and a large veranda with a nice view of the boardwalk and the beach. The apartment is outfitted well with a minifrig in each room, a large sofa, safe boxes and a well equipped kitchen. The apartment has tall ceilings with fans in each room, we have not had to use the air conditioners yet. The weather has been not so hot and almost cool in the evenings. The breakfast is large and has something for everyone in our family and the coffe is especially delicious. We don't speak portugese, so we can't communicate with the staff but they are attentive at their jobs and seem nice. Also, the manager speaks english and has good suggestions. So, we can recommend our first stay.

Unique Quality: The location is perfect for beachlife.

Directions: Beachfront street with restaurants, bars, small shops, bus stops and small supermarket close to the hotel.

Hotel for Prostitution

by written on September 15, 2012

When I stayed at this hotel/pousada I was treated well by the Brazilian staff.
Unfortunately the American owner, (Brian) who is originally from California and stayed illegally in Brazil tried to push local prostitutes on the American travelers. He inappropriately complained about that there was no cure for the AIDS virus and asked me to help him with his construction renovations because I am a professional architect. He mentioned that he would gladly give me a discount at check out time. When the day arrived to check out he decided to over charge me and never honored the work that I did for him for the newly renovated bakery/cafe. He threatened to kill me with a baseball bat that he keeps in his bedroom because he said that I talked badly about him to his staff. This guy is a paranoid individual and potential travelers should steer clear from this place.

ElliotFI's Profile Photo

Don't go here

by written on November 24, 2006

I booked a room from their internet pages www.villagenovo.com and paid forehand for an apartment.

When I arrived there was a big hassle and then the girl offered me and my friend a normal room. I waited for about an hour for the American owner to arrive and he said that he had booked the suite for someone else, because of a problem in their computer system.

After long negotiations he paid me back part of the money that I had paid to him.. Don't trust this guy. Don't pay your room before you see the room that you are going to get. I honestly think that some of the tips here about that place are ads written by themselves.

Village Novo: Not so good

by written on June 1, 2006

I have been to Salvador in April 2006, and I decided to stay at Village Novo Hotel, due to the tips I read at VT. My first impression of the hotel was really dissapointing, it doesn´t look a hotel but a cybercafe. The building and the rooms are quite old and, worst of all, the beach front rooms were extremely noisy!!!! Not only the street (many traffic) but the noise coming from the reception!!!! The first night was almost impossible to sleep, and the day after, we found a big insect in the breakfast!!!! We moved to a inner room because we paid the hotel in advance, but I strongly recommend not to book here.

Unique Quality: None

sakuyaini's Profile Photo

Great location, reasonable price & friendly staff

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 14, 2005

Very convenient location, right across Porto da Barra beach, none of the buzz of Pelo, along a busy & lively street, cafe & internet downstairs!

MulattaCarioca's Profile Photo

The Finest Pousada Money Can Buy (for Cheap)

by written on June 27, 2005

A beautiful old world mansion, with original tiles, stained glass windows and a brand new internet cafe and bakery serving sandwiches & homemade breads! Each room is spectacularly appointed with conveniences and touches that other pousadas leave behind. Embroidered towels, ceiling fans that actually WORK, impeccable service and an on-site owner with a resource to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE in the city you might need to know. I absolutely recommend this accomodation to anyone looking for the best comfort as the price is more affordable than most large hotels, yet you'll feel like you're staying at the home of a really good friend.

Unique Quality: Fantastic terrace overlooking Bahia de Todos Santos. Affordable 1 bedroom apartment complete with full kitchen and living room. Beautiful tiled bathrooms & charming showers with HOT water continuously!!! Central air!!! European and American outlets!!!

AND this place is across the street from Virgina, the best, most UNKNOWN Baiana with the FINEST acaraje on earth! If you visit, tell her Atlanta & Tronn (the Noreiguense) send their love! (she may give you a free acaraje if you mention us!!)

Directions: Barra

Kittelite's Profile Photo

Best hotel in Porto Da Barra

by written on May 17, 2005

This place is always a pleasure to stay in. It feels like coming home every time.
The staff is always very nice and helpful. Many of them, have been working there for quite a long time, so they will recognize you and treat you as a housefriend. Its a delight! All rooms has (cable)tv, aircon, plenty of wardrobe space, Some fantastic art on the walls and beautiful bathrooms with "No electric-shock surprice.." (central heating system)
The rooms are cleaned , and the thick white towels and the bedsheets are changed every day.
24 hour reception.

Unique Quality: Beautiful old house in front of the beach. The owners spend a lot of time and energy, maintaining and improving the facilities all the time.
Good breakfast buffet, with a wide range of fresh fruits, homemade bread and cakes, hashbrowns,cerials and more...
Internet cafe, House bakery. The popular Café, has cakes and sandwiches, pancakes,juices, good cofee and now they also serve; Prato do dia; brasilian food, afternoons and evening. A new.nice decorations, local art exibition, (for sale!)
Great value

Directions: Porto Da Barra, Beach

Nearby Village Novo

Village Novo

• Village Novo Salvador
  • Village Novo Hotel Salvador

Address: Avenida 7 de Setembro, 3659, Porto da Barra, Salvador, State of Bahia, 40140-110, Brazil

5 Photos of Village Novo

• Beverage Selection
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Salvador da Bahia Travel Forum

Need advice about Salvador da Bahia, Brazil? Visit the Travel Forum for Salvador da Bahia and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Salvador da Bahia hotel reviews

Terreiro do Jesus
praça Tomé de Souza
Pelourinho
Things to Do
THIEVES and other dangers !!
Warnings and Dangers