Flexy Portal Do Sol by Bristol Hoteis & Resorts

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about João Pessoa

cathedralcathedral

Facing the heat in Paraiba State by OzielFacing the heat in Paraiba State by Oziel

LagoaLagoa

Tabatinga BarTabatinga Bar

travelling in June

by verrowe

My husband and I are travelling to Recife on 1st June. We intend to spend about a week in recife before moving on to Joao Pessoa for a few days and then Natal for a few more days before returning to Recife on the 20th to fly home. We are considering buying a property in one of these areas or possibly in a village or town nearby. We would like to know which areas to avoid, which are good areas and can anyone recommend a good agent.
We hope to hire a car. we are English but have lived in Spain for three years where the standard of driving is attrocious so are used to unpredictable driving. Is Brazilian driving worse? Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel in any of these towns or areas. Also some advice on what to do in these areas while we are there would be appreciated.

RE: travelling in June

by robbailey

Hello from Joao Pessoa. My name is Robin Bailey, age 53 and recently retired to Brazil.I bought an apartment by the beach, also a granja (small plantation)about 22 kms from the sea.Previously I lived in Cyprus, but had enough of the ignorant locals and the increased cost of living, so looked for somewhere cheap, warm, and friendly - Joao Pessoa is all of these!
I arrived here just before Xmas with the intention of viewing various areas in the Northeast, but took an instant like to Joao Pessoa, so decided to settle here, and so far I have no regrets whatsoever.I also liked the idea of Recife, but having talked to many people (ex-pats and locals),found out it is quite a violent city, so crossed that one off my list. Joao Pessoa is believed to be the safest city in Brazil, as well as the greenest, and in my limited experience, I think it is true. I can walk around, day or night, and don't feel threatened at all, something I cannot say about most places in the UK nowadays.
Well, the driving here leaves a lot to be desired, but probably no worse than Spain or Cyprus, you just have to treat everyone else on the road as a complete idiot.
I can certainly find a cheapish hotel for you, or my friend has an apartment in the same building as mine for rent on a short term basis.If you let me know dates, I can come up with some prices. I can also arrange some property viewings if you give me an idea of what you are looking for and your budget. If you would like to see some of the local area when you are here, I will gladly show you around, and give you the benefit of my own experiences here.
My email address is: robbailey66@hotmail.com

Travel Tips for João Pessoa

Walking masseur

by FrediKesselring

"Who wants a relaxing massage?"
Some masseurs wander about at night offering their massages, you pay about 3 dollars and you have a 20-minute-massage, wherever you are. Some people feel a bit embarassed, but it is so nice!!

AÇUDES OF PARAIBA

by RafaelTheSecond

Açudes are artificial lakes to provide water for the local population, it stores water from the rain or they change the course of a river to a certain region where the drought is really severe. One of these Açudes are held in the way to the small town of Pedras de Fogo, one of the very unknown cities of Paraiba States, and it gives you many incredible and curious things to do!

The eastern most city in South America

by rkearns

"A good jumping off point"

Joao Pessoa is one of the oldest cities in Brazil, and is at the Easternmost tip of the South American continent. There are tropical beaches, snorkeling, rodizio restaurants and great local nightlife. Joao Pessoa is not only a great place to set up camp for a few days. It is what surrounds the city that also makes it a very attractive place to be.

Joao Pessoa is in close proximity to both Recife and Natal, and within this region, there are so many things to see and do. Go to the nude (and mostly uninhabited) beaches, ride buggies through the dunes or go out on a boat and dive or snorkel. There is much beauty to behold. Brazil's beaches are clean and untouched.

photos to come