Recife Hotels

• honk64 profile photo honk64
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pousada Bamboo: Best Place for Singles

I travel now for 10 years to Brazil. I visited Rio, Fortaleza, Fernando de Noronha and Recife.
This is the best Pousada I ever was. It’s small (15 rooms) but with any comfort I need and it’s save.
The Bamboo is round about 200 meters from the Boa Viagem beach away. Very good breakfast, a nice pub with good international food and drinks and a disco at the basement.

They arrange daytrips with their own motor yacht (43ft) and sport fishing.
Many single man stay there. Of course, at night there are many Brazilian beauties.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Fishing, Beaches, Singles
  • Written August 20, 2007

Bamboo by night

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1926

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Coqueiral.: Nice budget hotel

Hotel Coqueiral is a small hotel near praca Boa viagem.
It´s a good choice if you want a clean room with attached bathroom and aircondition, but don´t feel like paying too much for it.
The room price also includes a pretty nice breakfast.

Central location and frindly staff.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written May 1, 2006

hotel coqueiral

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1926

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Albergue maracatus: Youth hostel in Recife.

Albergue maracatus is one of the few budget options in Boa viagem.
It´s a typical old fashioned youth hostel with simple accomodation.
It´s run by friendly people and they are very concerned about security there, so it´s a place i would especially recommend for single backpacking girls.
The hostel also has a capoeira academy in the building and sometimes the kitchen cooks mexican food at night.
The price is pretty high for a brazilian hostel, but Boa viagem is in general a pricy place when it comes to accomodation.

Friendly and safe.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad, Backpacking
  • Written May 1, 2006

Maracatus hostel

• aeroarce profile photo aeroarce
  • Reviews: 167

Better go to Olinda

The Hotel Industrie in Central Recife is not a wonder, there are just a few ones, but the area is not as smart as Olinda or Voa Viagem.
Olinda is 6 kms north of the city and is much nicer. Boa viagem is 6 kms south and is where beaces are. If I would have to come back I would stay again in Olinda.

Olinda and Voa Viagem are easily connected by bus from the center.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written October 12, 2003

• kathyceo profile photo kathyceo
  • Reviews: 32
We stayed at the Ceasar...

We stayed at the Ceasar Towers, a high rise toward the southern end of town.
I don't remember, and the web site doesnt mention it, but I think it was around $100US/night for two people, queen bed.

On the beach, with towel, chair and umbrella service. Pool, and other amenities. 30 min from Olinda, 15 min from airport.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written August 26, 2002

• Yiannis2000 profile photo Yiannis2000
  • Reviews: 310

I started my Brazil-experience...

I started my Brazil-experience from this city and I was lucky enough to find my first accomodation at the neighbouring town of Olinda, the old regional capital, which is much more charming (and inexpensive exc. Carneval time).
Recife has better beaches, but Olinda is a convemient starting point for exploring both places.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written August 24, 2002

• pjallittle profile photo pjallittle
  • Reviews: 629

Since we were there, I know...

Since we were there, I know that there have been a number of hotels built along the seacoast between Recife and Olinda.

Though many of you show names and addresses of hotels, I'm going to suggest that this is a matter of individual tastes, styles and recommend a diligent search through reference guides like the Lonely Planet and other similar types of guides. Now we also have the internet and finally, we learned that it is rather simple to find places while on the move.

I think that the best advice is to stay within your means, and unless you are going to be in a particular location at a known busy time of year, don't pre-reserve a room for more than one night.

People who frequent this site will invariably be able to study the many pages and find something that suits their needs.

• Opinion of Price: