IBIS BLUMENAU

Rua Paul Hering 67, Centro, BLUMENAU 89010050
Ibis Blumenau
Travelocity ibis Hotels.com

More about Blumenau

Dad couldn't resist that beer mug, hehe :)Dad couldn't resist that beer mug, hehe :)

Driver needed to reach Blumenau from cruise ship

by SherryVE

Our ship is docking in Itajai Dec. 5th & 6th and a group of us would like to visit Blumenau without the constraints of the ships tour and timetable. We're not having any luck finding a driver in Itajai but know that Blumenau is only about 30 miles away. Any way besides a taxi to get there and back? None of us speak Portuguese unfortunately so finding the right bus could be a challenge, hence the hope for a driver.

by schnaider

Hi! A friend of mine is an tour agent there, you can reach her by email maria@gugelminturismo.com.br or by phone if u prefer at 55 4733482470. Im sure she or her agency can organize something for you. Their web site is www.gugleminturismo.com.br best luck!
I had a cabdriver card that would charge you round R$ 150,00 reais to drive u till blumeau. i did this last month and that what they charged but i lost his card :(

by SherryVE

Do you remember if your cab price was one way or round trip- I will try contacting the travel agent also, but it really helps knowing what a cab driver might charge or hiring one for the whole day (8 hrs). While he wouldn't need to be driving us around the whole time but just to get us there and back- with stops at a few places for a visit. I really appreciate the help, we've been having an impossible time of it trying to set something up.

by schnaider

he brought us there and waited for 2 hs or something, we had to do some burocracy at the bank... but i guess that u can try to talk to them and offer a bit more for them to wait for you the whole day....first they wanted to charge us 200,00 bu then we bargained and he chaged 150,00. gud luck!
regards,
Schnai

by SherryVE

I did try sending an email query to your friend at the travel agency, you would have died laughing but I was determined to give it a shot. The web site is in Portuguese but I figured what could it hurt to just type my message- even though I couldn't read the site info. So I got it all written and there at the bottom of the page loomed 2 choices 'Envian' or 'Limpar', not having a clue what it was asking I just randomly selected the first one. It took me to a page where 6 characters were displayed, I was assuming it wanted me to type in matching characters as a way of screening mass spam. I made a sincere effort but one of the characters did't really resemble anything on my American keyboard, and I got a message back in Portuguese that looked like I had failed. I will see if I can find someone to read the web instructions for me, I'm glad I have a running start at this. But didn't want you to think I hadn't even bothered, there is one couple on our sailing whose wife speaks Portuguese so I'm going to see if I can connect with either her or our Rio guide for help with contacting your friend- thank you so much! It will also give me a chance to see exactly how many of us might be interested besides my husband and I. I also wish to post the info for future arriving passengers, we're unfortunately first, so no trail of info to follow from before us.

Travel Tips for Blumenau

Blumenau

by luwan

"German City"

My last visit: october 2006...but I've ever been there twice, the first was on october 2002

Blumenau is a tipic german city! The buildings is so interesting!!! The city is fantastic. The first thing you say when coming in: WOW, I came in Germany!!! The european charm is presented everywhere!

"Oktoberfest"

On every October, Blumenau has the fantastic party called Oktoberfest (a tipical german party, of course) as that happens in Munich (M√ľnchen). Beer is offered with no charge on the streets for the visitors and a good beer drinker!!! hehehe
2006 was my second time in Blumenau for the Oktoberfest!!!
Enjoy Blumenau! "Ein Prosit" as the germans would say!!!

CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE