Baia Norte Palace Hotel

Av Beira Mar Norte 220, Florianopolis, State of Santa Catarina, 88015-600, Brazil
Hotel Plaza Baia Norte
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 44% less but rated 14% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Florianópolis

Watch Out!!! My Mom is coming!Watch Out!!! My Mom is coming!

Calhetas Beach by PVCalhetas Beach by PV

Sandboarding JoaquinaSandboarding Joaquina

Accommodation in Lagoa

by vickam

We will be in Florianopolis for 3 days in March. It has been recommended that we stay in Lagoa and rent a car to drive to the beaches. Is this a good idea and can anyone recommend hotels in the Lagoa area/ Also, any tips on things to do, restaurants, etc. Are the schooner trips worth doing. All advise will be appreciated.

RE: Accommodation in Lagoa

by reobasco

Hey, Vick!

Call my friend Sonia (and Alexandre) at (55-48) 3232-6622 or e-mail soniawf@bol.com.br

She has a pousada of six apartments or so in Lagoa, one block from the lake. About recommendations, you will find everything right there; ask around. Lagoa is the best place. Please have some cheesecake for me at my favorite coffee shop, something like "La luna" or something like that. Good luck, and if you call Sonia, tell her my name, or she won't understand a thing.

Cheers!

Lilian

RE: Accommodation in Lagoa

by melissaissim

My husband and I like to stay in the following areas due to the calm surf and warm water: Canisvieres, ingleses, jurere, or Daniela. There are several smaller beaches in and around those areas as well. During our last trip we took a party schooner trip to an island off the coast. I HAD A BLAST. We bought the video of the trip an it was worth it. Although my portuguese was very minimal the last time I went, so I didn't stay for the guided tour of the fort at the island. However, I did go off and find a beach entirely composed of sea shells. It was one of my most memerable moments in Brazil. They had a dance competition on the way home and also stopped for people to dive off the side of the boat in the ocean. We saw some dolphins on the way, but I couldn't capture them on my digital camera, hopefully I will next time. All in all Florianopolis has something for every type of traveler, where you choose to stay should depend on what your looking for. Night life, a relaxing natural environment, family friendly beaches, shopping, chic tourisim, or pure local charm? As far as renting a car....be very cautious. The car that we rented broke down about 4 times suring our stay and was a total POC. Seatbelts malfunctioned, coolent leaked in the passenger floor board, said they would provide a car-seat and did not. Endless trouble! Although, I think you will need a car to appreciate the island...I recommend being very careful about who you choose for your rental company. Good Luck Melissa

Travel Tips for Florianópolis

THE ISLAND IS GREEN :)

by RafaelTheSecond

Florianopolis is the capital of the bewildering State of Santa Catarina, when we think about a State Capital we think about a huge city, full of buildings and very busy...well you will get surprised, almost the whole island is absolutely surrounded by wild nature, some beaches like Mole, Calhetas or Mozambique are left exactly like the first portuguese colonizers saw them for the first time, and you can hear lots of pirates stories, the trails used by indians and explorers are still there!

Being in Florianopolis is like reaching a new land...It is like seeing brazil when it was not Brasil!

Florianopolis is a blessing island!

I have been there and I wish to go back as soon as possible!;)

Praia brava

by randychiara

Located extremely north, holds best conditions with East swell and South wind, during summer gets full of argentinians tourists. Good spot for medium waves, tends to lose quality when bigger than 5 ‘. If you are close by check it out (it is located close to Praia dos Ingleses / Praia do Santinho Area).

naturism

by randychiara

Entretanto é uma ótima opção pra uma ducha gelada, após um banho de mar.A praia em toda sua extensão oferece duas faixas de areia uma dura, proxima a linha da água, onde pode-se caminhar normalmente sem afundar os pés. É ideal para a prática de esportes aeróbicos, tais como caminhada, corrida, frescobol, futebol, etc. A outra faixa de area, situada logo abaixo da encosta, é composta de uma camada de areia branca, seca e fofa.

Capital of Santa Catarina

by Henkster

"Florianopolis"

"Floripa" is one of Brazil's most popular places, especially because of its great location, part of it is located on an island, and wonderful beaches. Staying at a nearby beach resort, I only visited the historic part of the center with some interesting buildings like the Mercado Publico.
One of the most beautiful buildings is nowadays housing a McDonalds, Inside the McDonalds you can see old pictures on the wall of Floripa how it used to look before the many skyscrapers were erected.
Nowadays the main attraction of this city are its famous praias, even though many Europeans still dont know this area in Southern Brazil.

"Ponte Hercilio Luz..."

...is connecting the island with the other part of the city.

PORTO BELO

by Julie_B

As one of the most beautiful selections on the Brazilian coast, Porto Belo earned its name due to its beauty and tranquility. Fishing and tourism are this city's most important economic activities. Good hotels and boarding houses make Porto Belo a preferred region for tourists.

In Porto Belo one finds several of the most beautiful beaches in the country.

Comments