Bristol Dolby Oceania Park

Rua do Marisco, 550, Praia dos Ingleses, Florianopolis, State of Santa Catarina, 88050-090, Brazil
Oceania Park Hotel e Convention Center
Booking.com Priceline.com Despegar.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less and rated 10% higher than other 4 star hotels

More about Florianópolis

Florianopolis by nightFlorianopolis by night

counter and part of the corridorcounter and part of the corridor

Big bugs in a french nose!;) I LOVE FRANCE, eh?Big bugs in a french nose!;) I LOVE FRANCE, eh?

A bridge over calm watersA bridge over calm waters

Which area to stay in in Floripa over Carnival?

by sam_gore

Hi. We are heading down to Floripa 2-9th March and are torn between staying in Lagoa de Conceicao and Juerere International. We like to party but are not really into big club nights, more good lively bars with an atmosphere. Also we'd like to see what was going on during Carnival. Which is the better place to say, bearing in mind they are 35kms apart?? Thanks!

Re: Which area to stay in in Floripa over Carnival?

by cassiovieggore

Nightlife in Florianopolis is based around Lagoa da Conceição. The spots today are on Jurerê.I believe you may find some lively bars there.
I am sending a link concerned in Florianopolis parties:

Better you watch the links included at upper Home-Page and get wind of how people at that place enjoy carnival. Then if you consider the atmosphere is not suitable to your mates just leave the place to get improvements. There are a lot of bars and night-clubs and dancing parties around Floripa.

I am pasteing below a piece of text in portuguese:

Os grandes atrativos de Floripa são as praias que contam mais de cem. Em cada região, uma peculiaridade - no Leste, onde estão Mole e Joaquina, o surf e a paquera são as marcas registradas. Ao Norte, o mar calmo de Jurerê, Canasvieiras e Ingleses atrai as famílias que buscam descanso. Já as praias do Sul são as mais rústicas e têm como cartão-postal a intocada Lagoinha do Leste. No quesito esportes, a ilha não é privilégio exclusivo dos surfistas. Generosa, incentiva à prática de muitos atividades dentro e fora d´água, como sandboard - descida de dunas em prancha de madeira -, wind e kitesurf, parapente e trekking.

Atividade Noturna
Existem diversas opções de atividades noturnas em Florianópolis . Há desde danceterias agitadíssimas até bares mais tranqüilos. O agito se concentra na Lagoa da Conceição.

Just in time: There's a place very near to Florianopolis you should visit. It's around 85Km far from Floripa and is named as Camboriú. Camboriu is a beach resort place as well but its attractiveness is special. A bus trip Florianopolis to Camboriú is a quick break.

Cassiovieggore

Travel Tips for Florianópolis

A FRENCH NOSE IN THE BEACH

by RafaelTheSecond

I finally reached Calhetas beach which for my surprise is a nude ebach and one of the ebst beaches in the island for surfers...Good combination I guess, nude people and surfers, hahahaa :) But I have seen no nude surfers! They belong to separated tribes. I surrendered the tempetation of swimming just like the indians used to do all over brazilian coast some hundred years ago, and I enjoyed myself in the water, not only in the sea, but in the little river springs too!

Anyway, I love climbing up rocks, and in one of my walkings I came across with a big nose, immediately I though it was a french one!

But no doubt it is a nose...do you agree????

NOVEMBER 2005

Praia do Matadeiro

by randychiara

Place where the ancient fishermen used to kill the whales that they fished. Excellent surfing spot, you have to drive until Praia da Armação and then cross the small river walking. Everybody knows the place. Good with S wind not too strong. Powerful waves, short rides. There’s always some crowd there. On big days the waves tend to break more at the middle of the beach, on smaller close to the rocks.

Pantano do Sul

by Deise05

Pantano do Sul is a fisherman beach, also it is a small community beach where "manés da ilha," people with a very strong accent (has its origins in the immigrants from Açores Portugal) live and work.

MY SACRED ISLAND - FLORIANOPOLIS

by RafaelTheSecond

"PROUD RAFAEL KEEPS ON BURNING"

We should work hard to make this wonderful folks come to Brazil more often, and I was surprised to find these lovely japonese friends in one of the less famous destinations in Brazil. It is not fair...Florianopolis should be in the list of the top of the top travellers in the world. This island is pure magic and pure paradise!

Floripa for friends, and Floripa will always remains in my memories as one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in Brazil and also it will remain as the land of spectacular friends I met and had fun with!

"THE BRAVE CANADIAN AND THE BRAVE BRAZILIAN"

We are trying to meet at least twice a year because we are great friends, and we do like planning our expeditions in the tropical lands of Brazil and in the lands of the BIG NORTH, white and colourful CANADA. Here I can be considered MR. CANADA, and in Canada, my friend Pierre is known as MR. BRAZIL.

For the third time we got together, for a new brazilian adventure. the first one had RIO DE JANEIRO, PARANA STATE AND SAO PAULO STATE, and we could cover also part of Argentina in the wild Province of Misiones when we went to the Iguazu Falls Area, we camped there and it was a radical adventure trip full of funny stories, and great events.

Then we continued our trips in Canada during the winter of 2005 and we travelled up north in Quebec Province and I had the honor to visit Montreal and make this city as my SWEET HOME IN CANADA,we also had loads of fun in Ontario, specially in Ottawa and Toronto (surroundings too).

And now our third adventure together and second one in Brazil, and we focused the southern brazilian coast, going from Rio to Florianopolis. Fantastic island and capital of Santa Catarina State, we we stopped in Curitiba, Joinville, Sao Paulo again and Poa, a little pleasant tiny town in the State of Sao Paulo.

Meeting with Pierre Vezina is always special, because it is a meeting with a brother, a meeting of two blokes who are addicted in nature activities and also crazy about people and their custons.

Great honor I had again to see Pierre in my country and elad them to the best of Brazil can offer, as I usually do with the friends I keep on welcoming here!

FLORIANOPOLIS had the honor to host us, and we knew how to have ABSOLUTELY FUN in this paradise of a country known as BRAZIL

"FLORIPA, WHERE IS IT??? GO SOUTH!!!!! :)))))"

Floripa is the capital of Santa Catarina State, one of the Three States of our south region, and I must say it is the most fantastic capital in the region and one of the most beautiful capitals of Brazil! Many lakes, lagoons, more than 100 beaches, historical sites, HOT NIGHT LIFE and absolutely SPECTACULAR CARNAVAL!:)

Floripa is a gorgeous jewel! She is a young lady of 330 years old, as any youngster of her age, she is charming, absolutely gorgeous, very exotic, absolutely colourful and a little bit modern, I would say she dares to be modern, because sometimes she dictates the fashion over the country. The sun is her friend, above all in the summer, the animals love her, wild life is something very present all over her body...The water loves her, it is surrounded by the Bay and the Atlantic Ocean giving to her amazing beaches with extraordinary beauty and wilderness. She has almost 320.000 friends who really love her, friends who take care of ehr dearly, they preserve and they are proud about her, and her friends are lovely people, very positive attitude from the old to the young, her friends are open mined and love the beach, her friends has a funny accent coming from the first colonozers, very simple fishermen coming from the distant island of Azores....

She had another name before 1889, she was proudly called Nossa Senhora do Desterro, the first settler was Francisco Dias Velho, its strategical position as a nice stop for food and water in the way to the Plata River forced the portuguese paying attention of this fabulous island, but much before 1675, Desterro was a good shelter for pirates and other navegators who dare to cross that side of the Atlantic. When the republic came and the trrops came down to the south, the name of our friend was changed to Florianopolis, in honor of the Marshall Floriano Peixoto. Not so good to name a lady like Desterro with a name of a person who were not born there, but the people has lots of criativity and started to call the island informally as FLORIPA, reminding FLORES which means flower! So Floripa also can be considered as NA ISLAND FULL OF FLOWER...

And that's true, all around the island you see many flowers and lots of wild orchids too. People believe their land is sacred and magic, and FLORIPA is also known as the ILHA DA MAGIA. Or simply Magic Island.

I agree, because Floripa conquered my heart, this is the place where I alway want to come back, this is the place where I will take my friends from all over the world, ebcause I want them to see the real Brazil from such an incredible island, full of beaches, full of life and full of funny things to do. In Floripa I have great friends like Junior, my best adviser of the islands secrets, and friends like Nadia, a fabulous and brilliant local artists who made many incredible sculptures using shells and stuffs from the sea!

And all new friends I have made in my inland adventures!;)

COME TO THIS ISLAND AND DO LIKE ME, FALL IN LOVE WITH FLORIPA!

FLORIANOPOLIS IS PART OF MY ENDLESS LOVE FOR BRAZIL, MY LAND, MY SOIL AND MY HISTORY!

Comments