Parthenon Florianopolis

Rodovia Admar Gonzaga 600, Itacurubi, Florianopolis, State of Santa Catarina, 88034000, Brazil

More about Florianópolis

Second StepSecond Step

Dunes at Mole Beach by RTLDunes at Mole Beach by RTL

boattripboattrip

Learning Portugese in Florianopols

by MarkJR

Hi Guys,
I am coming to Floripa in October to surf/party for about 6 months over summer. I would like to learn Portugese because I know it will make the stay so much better, I was wondering if anyone could please point me in the direction of a language school / homestay program that I could do for a few months. I heard something about a homestay program with portugese lessons for $300us but cant find any info on it.

Thanks for you help

by fbak

I found the following:
Cost in Reals 390 for the course. It is at the university.
the site is in portuguese so I am not sure about lodging.
It may be worth checking.

Good luck

by kakajp

hi how are you?nice to meet you! i saw your message and i'd like to help you, sorry but i'm still learning English and it is not good. So are you going to Brazil?cool, well i don't know anybody there but would i help you to find a place to stay?i think better if you save money right?hehe i know about it,better when we save some.
Do you have msn or yahoo messenger, because i use both.

Karina

RE: RE: Learning Portugese in Florianopols

by MarkJR

Hi Karina..I would appreciate any help / info I can get....my address is markonline83@hotmail.com -cheers

by celisa

Hi Mark,
I´ve seen you ad on Virtual Tourist and I would like to offer you my services. I´ve been teaching Portuguese as a foreign language for the past 36 years (I´m 51) and you can contact me (celisacanto@hotmail.com) for getting further information about my courses. I had a couple of students who have tried this US300 homestaying courses, but they gave up and restarted with me. I didn´t ask anything about it, but I know it doesn´t work. Anyway, feel free to contact whenever you wish so I can tell you about my Portuguese teaching.
Take a good care and I´m looking forward to hearing from you,
best regards,
Celisa Canto

Travel Tips for Florianópolis

Florianopolis is connected to...

by janaina

Florianopolis is connected to the rest of the state by a bridge.The original one(called Hercilio Luz)was closed to traffic due to restauration for a long time,today i heard it is open only for pedestrians(sorry if i'm wrong or not updated!!),but there is the new(not so new..)bridge,build to help the traffic in the hard hours,and during the old bridge restauration,the only way to go in and out of the island!
a picture of the old bridge followed by the new one..

Praia do Santinho

by randychiara

Located north, close to Praia dos Ingleses, you can go there following the road that pass by Praia do Moçambique. It is a pretty consistent spot, with good waves and not many surfers. E swells and NE winds are the best. Waves pretty strong, Tom Carrol broke a few boards surfing there on a good day. It worths the drive.

Fresh juice by the sea

by Deise05

You can buy almost anything by the beach in Floripa: sun block, umbrella, dresses, food, drinks, ice cream etc, it is all possible thanks to people who, despite the heat and the sun, work walking all day long selling stuff at the beach. One of the things I love the most is the fresh juices and drinks cart. They have everything they need to make you a refreshing beverage including blender!! And the commodity get an iced drink by the beach is heaven!!

Florianópolis

by luwan

"or Floripa - the sweetest way to call this city!!!"

My last visit: november 2004

Floripa is an Island into the Atlantic Ocean...
A beautiful place to take beachs, surfing, sun!
On summer, the city is invaded by argentians...and the prices up so much!!!

"Doing Rafting"

not so far from floripa (about 1 hour) in Santo Amaro City, you can do rafting!!! AMAZING!!!

SUBMERGED VILLAGE

by janaina

"AMAZING VIEWS!!"

As i told amy in reply of her question at the forum,this time was the most amazing "stopping on the way to refresh" experience..in our way from rio grande do sul state to santa catarina state,we found a whole village(called Ita) what was completely submerged and a hdroelectric station build instead...the goverment moved all the population to another place closed to the original one..the church tower was what we found left...

"the hidroelectric station.."

"the fundation of the new village.."

"the way from Concordia to Ita"

we traveled to Ita thru Concordia,and these are the pictures from this beautiful way!

Comments