Hotel J P

Expedia.com Booking.com

Great, relaxing stay

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 18, 2006

First, let me say this is my first trip to Ribeirão Preto so I am approaching this from the prespective of a standard foolish American...

Love this place. Very quiet. Situated somewhere between the airport and downtown along the highway leading back to Sao Paulo - but pretty far out of town. I chose it because it happened to be near the area that I was in town to visit (for business reasons.)

I got an "upgrade" (I am guessing because they had light bookings and I was here for 2+ weeks) and was placed in a huge clean, pleasant - although sparse - room. I could have a dance party in this room.. if I danced.

Comes with mini-bar fridge, TV w/cable (a few English channels - although I enjoyed a few movies in Portuguese as well), broadband internet (included in room price), bed, nightstand plus a few miscellaneous furnishings.

Given the size of the room, I would have expected a couch and some chairs and coffee tables - but I also know I am not staying in an exec suite in the Hyatt in Beijing :)

Bathroom was clean and orderly (fully tiled affiar - floor and walls to ceiling.) There was a dressing/sink/makeup area with hanging space and storage for clothes.

There are enough staff at hotel with passing English that stay was fine. I think some of the restaurant and bar staff kinf of took to me - they kept feeding me all kinds of local drinks, different beers, on the house (well, I paid for my share also.)

The staff is definately A+. Given my lengthy stay, it was quite nice to be surrounded daily by such nice/helpful folks. I often do a lot of work in my room during the day, so each day the maid and I have a lengthy hand-signal "conversation" trying to figure out what she wants/I want/etc. And each day it is with a smile.

Should I return here on business, I will certainly return to Hotel JP

Unique Quality: Excellent food.
Great pool.
Has other items for relaxation as well - sauna, gym, etc.

Directions: Edge of town.

Nearby Hotel J P

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ribeirão Prêto Travel Forum

Need advice about Ribeirão Prêto, Brazil? Visit the Travel Forum for Ribeirão Prêto and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ribeirão Prêto hotel reviews