Avenida Anhanguera 308, Ribeirao Preto, State of Sao Paulo, 14025-480, Brazil

Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

• Great, relaxing stay

First, let me say this is my first trip to Ribeirão Preto so I am approaching this from the prespective of a standard foolish American...

Love this place. Very quiet. Situated somewhere between the airport and downtown along the highway leading back to Sao Paulo - but pretty far out of town. I chose it because it happened to be near the area that I was in town to visit (for business reasons.)

I got an "upgrade" (I am guessing because they had light bookings and I was here for 2+ weeks) and was placed in a huge clean, pleasant - although sparse - room. I could have a dance party in this room.. if I danced.

Comes with mini-bar fridge, TV w/cable (a few English channels - although I enjoyed a few movies in Portuguese as well), broadband internet (included in room price), bed, nightstand plus a few miscellaneous furnishings.

Given the size of the room, I would have expected a couch and some chairs and coffee tables - but I also know I am not staying in an exec suite in the Hyatt in Beijing :)

Bathroom was clean and orderly (fully tiled affiar - floor and walls to ceiling.) There was a dressing/sink/makeup area with hanging space and storage for clothes.

There are enough staff at hotel with passing English that stay was fine. I think some of the restaurant and bar staff kinf of took to me - they kept feeding me all kinds of local drinks, different beers, on the house (well, I paid for my share also.)

The staff is definately A+. Given my lengthy stay, it was quite nice to be surrounded daily by such nice/helpful folks. I often do a lot of work in my room during the day, so each day the maid and I have a lengthy hand-signal "conversation" trying to figure out what she wants/I want/etc. And each day it is with a smile.

Should I return here on business, I will certainly return to Hotel JP

Unique Quality: Excellent food.
    Great pool.
    Has other items for relaxation as well - sauna, gym, etc.

Directions: Edge of town.

Comments