Braston Augusta

Costs 42% less and rated 12% higher than other 4 star hotels

More about São Paulo

Restaurant Week BrazilRestaurant Week Brazil

Estação da LuzEstação da Luz

fried ice creamfried ice cream

Pinacoteca´s Inside ViewPinacoteca´s Inside View

Guarulhos - SP - Guarulhos in 7 hours

by rafscab

Hi,

I have 7 hours to spend in Guarulhos waiting for a connection to London. I'm thinking about going to downtown SP or a any shopping to make it easier.
I know there's a bus shuttle service from Guarulhos but I need to know if 7 hours is enough time to go to downtown and be back to the airport.
If you can reccommend any thing to do in that time, is very welcome. Also where to take the shuttle bus back to the airport.
Many thanks in advance,

Rafa

by cassiovieggore

Seven hours is too few time to go to Santos.
Maybe the most advantageous for you is going to Guarulhos Shopping Centers.
There are a lot of them at Rodovia Presidente Dutra.

When you land at airport tell to brazilian tourism department the stuffs you want buy and they will point you the best shopping to head. I am not from Guarulhos and so it's not easy to me to do it.
Transportation in Guarulhos shall be taxi the most quick. At Shoppings possibly you may buy and get some meal.
Cassiovieggore

by bahiana77

7 hours? From the time you arrange to do whatever you need to with your baggage until the time you need to be back there to check in? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe enough time. Are you are risk adverse personality, or not?
It could take anywhere from 45 minutes to well over an hour (or more at times) to get into S.P. (figuring maybe the Jardins neighborhood where you could go to the museum on Av. Paulista and walk around shops), depending on weather, time of day and traffic. That shuttle drops off and picks up at most hotels.
Or you could take the other suggestion to amuse yourself at the shopping (mall) in the town of Guarulhos, or just stay in the airport.

by simonemurari

RAfa,

I wouldn't consider a good idea to leave the airport to go to the SP town, because we have a lot of traffic from the airport to anywhere in São Paulo. The only reasonable possibility can be to go visiting the Guarulhos Internacional Mall. It is not far from the airport and you can go shopping, having meal or just walking to relax and return in time to check in again.

See the website to search some extra information.

Greetings,
Simone Rodrigues

by simonemurari

RAfa,

See the website to search some extra information.

Greetings,
Simone Rodrigues

by LigiaGeorges

Depending on the day of the week you are coming, that wont be a very good idea. Traffic jam is intense and 7 hours would not be enough to come, see things and go back. Garulhos is far away from São Paulo downtown and shuttle bus takes a long time, better take a cab if you want to take the risk.

Good Luck

Travel Tips for São Paulo

The people. I remember I was...

by MWS257

The people. I remember I was 18 years old and I was with a group of friends when we saw a middle aged man pushing a cart laden with stuffed toys. He was trying to make a living. I remember thinking at the time, Where I come from in Surrey we don't see any of that. How sheltered I was. I for once was seeing the real world. I wished I could have helped him But we were young and broke. The people

Chinatown, Sao Paulo. What...

by depresno

Chinatown, Sao Paulo. What I've heard is that its over a million chinese people living in this part of the city. The influence is obvious. Not exactly what I was expecting visiting the largest city in South America.

Metro in Sao Paulo

by gord440

The Metro is the fadstest and cheapest way to get around Sao Paulo ...ok it odesn't get you everywhere, but if you are located in Centro, then all the palces you want to visit are close by ,etro ..also try the train to the coast ..cheap, slow, but entertaining! Get thjis onew fromLuz station, or take the Metro to Bras and change trains ...no charge at Bras ..you can use the Metro ticket ...

Check This One Out !

by xuxaBR about Leona Pizza Bar

They also have a good selection of Italian wines to accompany your delicious pizza. Check it out, you won’t regret… I promise! It was my first time at “Leona Pizza Bar” and I was amazed by the size of the place, the decor and all in between! The pizza is excellent and the service you can't ask for better. Only Sao Paulo can offer such a classy atmosphere and yet comfortable and relaxing! The only way to find out what this place really looks like is to go there!

Parque Agua Branca

by sanguin

A nice park to walk in, hang out or enjoy one of the many events and activities that are always going on, is the Parque Agua Branca in Perdizes. Last time I was there, they had a nice handicraft fair with music.
Even without events, it's nice to walk under the tall trees and forget that you're in a big city.

Comments