Estanplaza Funchal Faria Lima

Satisfaction Average

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about São Paulo

São Paulo, BrazilSão Paulo, Brazil

Interesting tropical treeInteresting tropical tree

At Papo, pinga e petiscoAt Papo, pinga e petisco

Chico Buarque: BudapesteChico Buarque: Budapeste

Bus number

by yvr

Will be arriving at the Metro Station Brigadero.I am traveling to Rua Professor Filadelfo Azevedo, 717 Vila Nova Conceicao, Marriott Executive Apartments. I undestand that there is a bus that I may take from Brigadero and it goes to Terminal Santo Amaro, what is the number of the bus?
txs

by yvr

Thanks Pedmar, but those are intercity buses, the one I am looking for is a bus within the city of SP. I can contact a friend who lives there to find out the #.

by yvr

Have been in SP many times, so I am sure I will get to where I am going. I am very adverse to taking taxis, don't like them and don't trust the drivers anywhere. Thanks again for your assistance.

by hmoitta

bus number 6418-10
line Real Parque to Largo São Francisco
from stop Avenida Paulista
to stop J.k.

by yvr

thanks Homitta, that information is appreciated.

by fti1979

>>bus number 6418-10
line Real Parque to Largo São Francisco
from stop Avenida Paulista
to stop J.k.

So get off at Largo Sao Francisco. Then you say "from stop Avenida Paulista" - is this stop easy to find from the Largo Sao Francisco stop of the line Real Parque?

Thank you!

Travel Tips for São Paulo

TWO PEOPLE - TWO LIVES - TWO DREAMS

by RafaelTheSecond

This picture is very important to me, it was taken on the 17 of January, 2005, in São Paulo Airport Guarulhos!

It took 10 MINUTES, but it was something that i will carry in my life forever. Marcio and I are very close friends, he taught me many things in life and we did a lot together, great moments and bad moments too. He is in fact my greatest friend, my real brother, the one who knows alot about myself!

But in that evening, we made a stop in São Paulo to change planes, we were in different planes, but we met in São Paulo.

In the right moment I was giving my boarding ticket to the guy in air Canada, I heard someone whisper RAFAEL....in my back!

And it was him, one of the most wonderful person I know, telling his last good bye before going to his major adventure in Japan! He was going to make him dream come true in Japan and I was going to build a great relationship between my life and Canada!

So our life simply changed in that right moment!

The common dream was very simple, getting a position in life! We are succeding!

LONG LIFE TO MARCIO OMATSU
LONG LIFE TO RAFAEL!!!

January 17th, 2005

Running in Ibirapuera

by Lady_Disdain

Ibirapuera Park is one of the favourite places to run in São Paulo.

The favourite times are in the early morning, before work, or in the evenings, after work.

It is well policed, has changing rooms and is well lit.

Enjoy!

"There's a light that never goes out"

by Elainehead about Madame Satã Nightclub

If my nightlife title made you think of The Smiths, this is the right place for you!

Description: An old large house transformed into a nightclub in 1983. It was a legendery place in the 80's. In the 90's, it was a Gothic point. Re-opened in 1999, Madame Satã continues to cherish the past, but always open to new cultural and musical tendencies. Their motto is: "There's a light that never goes out".

Thursday nights: The best bands specials

Friday nights: "I Love Satã" party - classical songs from the 80's & 90's and the latest of electro & rock'n'roll music.

Saturday nights: The best of the 80's & alternative music.

Sunday nights: The best of Gothic music.

ADDRESS:
Madame Satã Night Club
Rua Conselheiro Ramalho, 873 - Bela Vista
São Paulo - SP
Phone: (11) 3285-6754 / (11) 3266-8754

Check the site (usually in small letters on "Esta Semana no Madame", on the left side of the page) for prices. Price range from free (girls only on Thursday nights before midnight) to R$ 20 (men). Get a discount on the night the link "Clique aqui e pague menos" is, type your name on it and then print it. Take an ID with you. Sometimes the price you pay can be consumed in bevearge or appetizers (if you read "cons." in your flyer/entrance ticket) The drinking age in Brazil is 18.

http://www.madamesata.com.br/Imagens/Imagens.htm# (Photos) Gothic, black outfit...

Non Chalant Chic

by apaula about Bistr? Charl?

After exploring old casseroles and forgotten recipes, Charl Whately defined the style of its elegant cauldron: French cuisine with Brazilian = grandma advices. It went through a complete remodeling in 2001 and is chic without being snobbish. It's architecture and decoration attracted the lens of the photographer Claudio Edinger, who clicked the restaurant for a Vanity Fair article last year. It
can be a place to "see and been seen" if you can take your attention away from the delicious Charl recipes.

The hours d'ouvre has good warm breads and a heavenly foie gras pate, great if paired with Rosemount Chardonnay (South Australia) 97. But don't go too heavy on the pate for great choices will follow and the Rosemary veal (veal rolls with rosemary and apricot filling, roti sauce and sided by gratin potatoes) is one of them. Talking about wines, don't expect too much. The bistro wine list is comprehensive but overpriced. The few reasonable priced options are not up to snuff.

If you plan on going, don't forget to make reservations. The place gets crowded and the restaurant crew can be quite discriminating with the = last minute, "reservation-less" folks.

POSH AND NOBLE , YET UNPRETENTIOUS

by schurlif about MASSIMO'S

I only ate here twice and it's been some time since......

But this is one of the top three italian restaurants in town , if not THE top......
The owner supposedly watches every dish leaving the kitchen making 100 % sure it is the way he wants it to be... Traditional dishes of the italian cuisine , such as Saltimbocca a Romana....

and the best wines from Italy....

I really can't remember too much the menu but Massimo's is "notorious" for its first class quality and somewhat very formal but effective service.

Expensive......
Delicious... I remember I took Saltimbocca a Romana , one of my favorites.....
I can still smell the dish today !

( will try to produce some pics of the place)

Comments