Rue Fernandes Moreira, 1293, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo, 04716-003, Brazil

Bird eye view of Sao Paulo, BrazilBird eye view of Sao Paulo, Brazil

In Memory of Ayrton Senna in ImolaIn Memory of Ayrton Senna in Imola

Museu Afrobrasil - Parque do IbirapueraMuseu Afrobrasil - Parque do Ibirapuera

São Bento ChurchSão Bento Church

Public shower facilities at Guarulhos?

by bkk_kd

My wife and I have approximately 40 hours of traveling ahead of us, getting door-to-door from Bangkok to Buenos Aires (and back 2 weeks later). Both ways we will be transiting through Guarulhos, and would love to take a shower during our layover. I've searched the Internet but did not find anything that indicated Guarulhos has public shower facilities, outside of those in airline lounges to which we are not entitled to entry. Any information in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

by hawkhead

Can't help you with the shower facilities but it struck me that often for a small fee one can gain entry to these airport lounges, which might be worth investigating and in the end, be a worthwhile expenditure!

by cassiovieggore

There is Fast Hotels in Guarulhos airport. For stranger tourists who are passing by there are some restricted rooms. As far as I read only 12 little rooms are available:

The little rooms (named as cabins) are really claustrophobic, but you may be not confined in when you please.

Cassiovieggore

by bahiana77

Here are some hotels nearby that may have day rates:

by bkk_kd

Thank you for all of your suggestions. After I posted my question I realized that I had forgotten to say that we're certainly willing/expecting to pay and that we prefer a facility within immigration as we don't want to bother with immigration formalities. Previously I did check with our airline and, unfortunately, they don't allow access-for-payment to their lounges.

by hawkhead

However, there may be other lounges within the airport that do allow access regardless of which airline you are using. I hate to admit it but I have never heard of Guarulhos and haven't a clue where it is and I keep forgetting to look it up (will do just as soon as I send this) - so it may be that it is a smaller airport and the facilities available elsewhere, do not exist at this one.

by hawkhead

Ah, I see it is Sao Paulo - which surely has more than one lounge to try and access!!

by bahiana77

Most would be outside the transit area I suspect, and therefore might require a visa.

by Lisala

How about a shower AND a massage?

In the transit area of Terminal 2 there's a small day spa. They offer different programms and a very nice rain shower douche after massage is included.

Travel Tips for São Paulo

Sao Paulo is Hell on Earth

by Jalbin

Sao Paulo stinks.!!! It's without a doubt one of the worst places to visit and live I've ever been to. IIf you HAVE to go there I'm sorry. Do it and get out quickly. feel extremely sorry for the millions of people trapped in it. Sao Paulo is a pile of filth, pollution and poverty that's is growing without control, consuming resources and polluting rivers and killing nature as it goes. The city has no skyline, no decent transportation system, no safe water treatment, no urban security or any of the basic elements we expect to find in a developed city. My final tip: AVOID it like the plague, but if you have to go make sure to take with you some oxygen bottles because the air is so thick with pollution it will make your lungs hurt and your eyes water. Stopped at a traffic light I witnessed a filthy homeless man robbing the lady sitting in front of me with a broken beer bottle against her neck.

BRAZILIAN FOOTBALL MATCHES - LIVE - JUST TOP GAMES

by SportsAoVivo

Hi Guys,

I´ve got a service that provides:

The best or customized tickets, security, transportation, snacks and drinks in
the Vans, and the price is pretty fair. Wishing any information please feels
free to ask me...

Regards

Boogie

by GypsyCanuck about Boogie

There are plenty of discos and bistros in Sao Paulo. Where all the beautiful people meet. I found bistros were particularly popular (at least with the Brazilian girls we were with). Boogie is THE disco according to my favourite Brazilian girl. Ah well, chic would be good. These people know how to dress at night. If you have been to Montreal you'll know what I mean. You can wear jeans and a t-shirt but at the better places you may have a problem and you will certainly stand out in the crowd. Black is a favourite for the night as well...

Best of São Paulo - Brazilian

by 321alpha about Tordesilhas

Traditional Brazilian fare. Excellent service, comfortable decor, delicious dishes.

Garnered a prize for the "Best of Sao Paulo".

Named after the Treaty of Tordesilhas, brokered by the Spanish Pope Alexander VI, which divided South America between Spain and Portugal in the 15th Century (it was biased towards Spain and never respected). Bolinho de Mandioca (typical appetizer)

Salada (rice, cheese, arugula, mango)

Abadejo Grelhado ao Molho de Hortaliças
(fish accompanied by banana puree)

Creme de Manga (ice cream with mango)

Fantastic Sunday buffet!

Liberdade (Japanese area)

by miromi about Liberdade (Japanese area)

Liberdade, the downtown Japanese area, has the cheapest fine sushi dining you'll ever run across. You can also buy affordable sushi lunches wrapped in plastic at the grocery stores. on Sundays there are fun street fairs and you can see all the teenage chicks struttin their stuff and pranking on the grannies.

Comments