4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Rua Joao Cachoira 107, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo, 04535-010, Brazil

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• evcamargoneves's Profile Photo

Good place to stay but can be really improved ...

The hotel is located at Itaim Bibi neighborhood, an area which is calm enough for a good crush in the bed at night, or if you prefer, very close to bars and restaurants which combines good service, nice food at a pleasant price. The building is extremely beautiful and the reception is big enough to shows luxury and prepares the guest for an excellent service – something common in all Meliás where I was – however there are some problems that can make you a little bit unhappy with this first impression.

The first weird thing is the gym. For me, a gym is something that is absolutely necessary in every single travel I do; to be honest it’s an ingredient in my cookbook to choose a hotel. As usual, in the Melia Jardim Europa web page the pictures of the facilities area are small and does not shows the reality.

In the gym you’ll find a portico to make squats and some up side exercises such as shoulder and chest presses and some other small equipment with a very light amount of weight. A small pool, a sauna and a place to make static running complete the area which can be improved with some more equipment, weights and light. Yes, the place is almost dark after the sunset. :-)

The room service really sucks, in the first time I ordered something very difficult to attend (two cans of Diet Coke) and after 40 minutes waiting I called room service again and had to wait more 30 minutes, after the end of this period I just gone to bed and forgot about the soft drink. In the next day, I had to order my lunch to be served in the room and again had to wait …. Bad habit from the restaurant.

However, I enjoined my stay. Take a look at my “Unique Qualities” field, the hotel is pretty good and the people are extremely nice, gentle and maintain a honest smile in the face.

Unique Quality: Good Restaurant
    Good food, a nice price (in almost all plates) and a quick service when you are at the restaurant. Just avoid the room service and enjoy the food.

Internet Access
    The room have and excellent broadband Internet connection. The service is free of charge and all you need to do is plug an Ethernet cable in your laptop, if you want to go wireless, Telefonica provides a hotspot and you can buy credits for use just typing your credit card number.

Secure Neighborhood
    The Itaim Bibi neighborhood looks secure enough for some walking, however remember that you will be in the biggest Brazilian city and like every metropolis the violence can occur anyplace, anytime. You don’t need to be paranoid there, but just take care of yourself.

Sympathy
    All employees maintain an honest smile in the face and seem to be very happy to work there and solve your issues.

• schurlif's Profile Photo

The nicest Meliá among many Meliás in São Paulo

I'm very , very suspicious to talk about this place... because I am the owner of two units (yes , right , two hotel rooms) in Meliá Jardim Europa.... About two years ago I decided to try it out and off I went with my girlfriend Camila. We got there a bit late in the afternoon and saw a big crowd of eager , nervous and half hysterical teenage girls in front of the hotel... This could only mean that some famous singer or band was staying there. Jealous looks from the girls accompanied us as we entered the hotel and as we registered at the reception I asked what the big deal and uproar was outside.... And really , a very famous Californian rock band was staying at the hotel , occupying the whole 7 th floor.... The Calling... When Camila heard that she started to act just like the girls outside even though she's allready beyond her teens since 5 years . I myself had never heard about them , but had the immense pleasure of getting to know these young and very talented guys later on, also during the week I listened to their album and was quite impressed. Camila and I went to our room and then started to check out the hotel.... She was , at one point though , so anxious that she asked me to take her to the 7th floor and see if we could meet the guys from the band.... I thought , well... what wouldn't I do for Camila , my sweetie cutie pie and , even though I felt a bit like I don't know what , we descended to the 7th floor where we ran into a young guy in the corridor. I asked him if he was from the band and when he said yes , I asked him if Camila could possibly meet the intregants of the band because she was such a big fan.... To make a long story shorter ( limited space) we met the whole band and Camila was really happy, they gave us free tickets for their show that night and the next day in the morning they allowed us to shoot a whole photo session with them , while the poor girls outside got only like 10 minutes with them.....

Unique Quality: Beautifull architecture of the highrise, rooftop (small) pool , jacuzzi ( out of order then , boooooohhh!!), work out gym with all machines and gadgets on top floor , fantastic 360 degrees views , spacy , comfty rooms with cable tv , internet access , I believe ( can't remember straight) a mini kitchen , king size bed , nice and not at all expensive restaurant on ground floor ....
    The place offers more than enough for the price charged which fluctuates according to time of year , ideal place for business/convention and/or tourists/with or without children .
    Good shopping and lots of good restaurants nearby , in fact , all of the Itaim Bibi District is at your disposal.

( A short remark about the pictures: Of course I wasn't shooting pictures of the hotel itself.... I was shooting pictures of MY model , Camila , inside the hotel. I never thought I'd write about or show the hotel in this manner....But as I love to take pictures of Camila and she loves to strike poses , whereever we go , ( lol... "Whereever you will go" is one of the great successes of The Calling...) I will end up with loads of pictures of her , while , at the most , a very few of me.. You will see that too in the upcoming descriptions of more São Paulo hotels and on my upcoming Egypt page...)

The pictures are : Camila in the gym , Camila in the room , Camila eating breakfast , Camila in the lobby , Camila and the guys from The Calling ....

I just love her......what can I do...?

Directions: João Cachoeira Street is a typical one way street in Itaim Bibi , a mixture of highrise apartment buidings and shops. The street starts at Avenida Nove de Julho and the Meliá Jardim Europa is on the second block on the left side....

Comments