Metro Tiete

Av. Cruzeiro do Sul N. 709, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo, 02031-000, Brazil

• ines2003's Profile Photo

best

The room was clean and simple, comfortable. The air conditioner was very good. There was a small fridge in the room. the reception is nice.

Unique Quality: good location

More about São Paulo

Nada pode me separar do amor de DeusNada pode me separar do amor de Deus

Museu de Arte SacraMuseu de Arte Sacra

View from my hotel roomView from my hotel room

Soccer Game at Ibirapuera ParkSoccer Game at Ibirapuera Park

From Sao Paolo Airport to Nova Lima, south east of Belo Horizonte, MG

by Trek1

Hi,
This is my first trip to Brazil.
I'll be arriving in the morning at Garulho's Airport (SAO).
I need to know what bus(es) to take, hopefully the same line, all the way from the Airport, to at least Belo Horizonte (MG).
Should I decide to stay close by the airport, which would be a reasonable priced hotel, with average standard of comfort and cleanliness?

If someone has already traveled this, or did this rout, let me know about it, as soon as you can

Thanks!

Trek1

by tukamorris

I don't think you can get a bus from Guarulhos International airport to Belo Horizonte. You might have to go downtown to a bus terminal which is far from Guarulhos. In case you have to stay near that airport
you can check http://www.panamby.com.br/ which a good value (about $45 per person). I stayed there with my husband a few years and enjoyed it very much. It's quiet and comfortable.
They provide pick-up service to and from the airport free of charge for guests.
Good luck with your trip.
Aida

by bahiana77

It would probably be easier to get a flight from Sao Paulo to Belo Horizonte and then take a local bus from there. Nova Lima is 'suburban distance' from Belo Horizonte.
Look on GOL or maybe WebJet for some of the least expensive domestic flights.
Note: Long-distance buses in Brazil generally run from the bus terminal, not from the airport.

by Trek1

Thanks for your reply,
May I bother you with a couple of more questions:

1) Do you know about lodging in Nova Lima (Belo Horizonte), prices, availability and comfort.?

2) I'll be staying in Belo Horizonte/Nova Lima from the 9th thru the 14 of October
Just let me know when you have a chance, if you may please so

Thanks!

by bahiana77

Sorry, can't really help. I stay with friends there, not in hotels.

Travel Tips for São Paulo

visit the Centro. It's a bit...

by Ramonq

visit the Centro. It's a bit rundown and littered with street hawkers, but here you can see Sao Paolo's magnificent old skyscrapers. A starting point is the Parque Anhangabau. On top of the tallest building in Sao Paolo, the Edificio Italia. Up there, there's a posh restaurant and you can savour the awesome view. I saw a sea of skyscrapers like stalagmites as far as the horizon. It's best at dusk, when the twinkling city lights slowly appear.

Jump off a bridge onto Avenida Sumare!

by waxyjax

Actually, "jump" is not the technical word to use...I believe rockclimbers call it "rappel"

For over 10 years, rockclimbers and their families have rappelled off this overpass onto the median of the Avenida Sumare below. The pictures explain it all!

For a small fee, they will clip you onto them so you can experience this yourself.

Can´t tell much, but least one...

by TWINE

Can´t tell much, but least one thing - check out the recent movies. Visiting a cinema is not a problem and not expensive, and all movies are presented in their original language with subtitles in portuguese. A lot of cinemas are clustered around Avenida Paulista, so this is a good place to go. Wednesday is movie day, so instead the usual 8 Reais (about 3 US$), you only pay 6 Reais (about 2.5 US$).
In addition, you might check out the theater (see photo).

CARLOTA

by Cupio1 about CARLOTA

This is a very chic restaurant in Sao Paulo. The atmosphere and the patrons were all beautiful! Grilled miso marinated salmon served on a bed of arugula. Goiaba (Guava) souffle for dessert.
This was the best meal I have ever had!

YUMMY !! SOTTOZERO

by schurlif about SOTTOZERO

Hmmm, there are quiet a few Ice Cream Parlors in São Paulo , many of them in the nightmarish Shopping Malls , others being franchise outlets of certain brand names.....

Sottozero, though , is just an Ice Cream Parlor in the street and IMHO the best around.....
Always packed , friendly staff ( we once got there like 10 minutes after closing time , they were cleaning up the place with all the chairs upside down on the table and they actually opened the doors for us again so we could have ice cream at 11:15 PM... ( we were a party of 12 people though...)

They have chocolaty flavors ( plain chocolate or with hazelnuts or almonds or marshmallow or Gianduja or Nutella or truffles or with orange.....) or coffee , Tiramisu , Zoppa Pavese and either yoghurt , diet or plain fruit flavors even of some fruits you may not even know , the favorites are Amora ( a type of dark berry that grows on a tree and not on a bush ) , maracujá ( passion fruit ) and of course strawberry , mangoe , pineapple , lemon , even açai , a fruit from the northeast of Brazil that's like a energyzing bomb....

Now... what about the taste of the Ice Cream ?? : H E A V E N !!!!!!! I have my favorites like anybody else , I love Gianduja which my son doesn't like , he prefers mint ice cream..... not my taste , my other son regularly takes an ice cream that is neon blue , no idea what it is but he loves it.....
I haven't seen one person eating ice cream there and either complain or not be satisfied.....
Impossible....