Best Western Hotel Da Costa

Hotel da Costa
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Aracaju

Watching the intruder...Watching the intruder...

..OK, party is over.....OK, party is over...

First night, ready to start...First night, ready to start...

A ride with friends after workA ride with friends after work

Interesting places, things to do?

by Raunchy_Poet

I've been to Aracaju in NE Brazil twice, and will be there again for a few days in October - staying with friends.. One guidebook describes it (sorry about this) as being as interesting as last week's newspaper. It's got a great beach, but I'm not a beach person (though the people watching is pretty good). Anyone got hot tips on things to do there? In Aracaju itself (I know about places outside the town).

Re: Interesting places, things to do?

by cachaseiro

you should visit the tourist information.
they get almost no visits.
when i was there last year i had only one day in aracaju and spend most of it talking to that people at the tourist office.
they are very helpful and very happy when someone comes by.

Re: Re: Interesting places, things to do?

by Raunchy_Poet

Claus - yes, I also visited the tourist office and they were very helpful. They found English versions of information on places near Aracaju, which was good. Aracaju itself ... well I've spent several days there, twice now, with friends, and I guess I have to say it's a place to socialise with my friends, and not to expect too much of the place itself. But that's still a pretty good deal!

Re: Re: Interesting places, things to do?

by idb

I read that open there a TAMAR station, that you can visit . TAMAR is a program to save turtles, and they have visits to nest areas, and aquarium.
When i was there it was under construction, but i will recommend you to go to MANGUE SECO, its outside Aracaju, but closer from there than from Salvador, despite it is in Bahia State.
Ivo

Re: Interesting places, things to do?

by martinelli

Too bad you're not a beach person... but there's salvation for you: if you're a CRAB person, a SHRIMP person, a LICQUEUR person, Aracaju can still be of interest! :) You can also make fun of their accent, if you know some portuguese.... ;) Sergipanos are very nice people, but I have to admit most of the fun in Aracaju is down to beaches and food. Haven't heard of a good nightlife... you should find interesting museums around there, I'd suppose....

Travel Tips for Aracaju

Aracaju, the place where I was bourn

by leosantanajr

Aracaju is my Home town….it’s a very quiet place but still we can manage to have fun at night…..
The city strengths are the beaches and its friendly people. You will hardly find people speaking English, but you can get along well, because everybody seams to be willing to help!
I’ll try to post some authentic material about the places I’m used to go as a native….If you are the kind of people who likes to avoid tourist places/traps, I’m sure you’ll like my tips.

"From my window"

This is what I see when I open my apartment window....We can see the river "Sergipe"....Nice place for sailing.

Check this nice video about Parati Restaurant and Aracaju.
It's really nice, but I still don't have the english version.

copy and paste the address below into your browser:

Comments