Esplanada Praia Hotel Fortaleza

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Fortaleza

Multi-level shopping at the "Mercado"Multi-level shopping at the "Mercado"

adventureadventure

This is not the boat you takeThis is not the boat you take

I do not know who they got to translateI do not know who they got to translate

Language school in Fortaleza

by Andreas1978

Hey, does anybody know of a good language school that gives private lessons?? My portuguese is getting better, but I want to learn more advanced gramma.

If anybody has contacts, telefone, email etc... I would be gratefull!!

Regards,
Andreas

by bahiana77

I know of a great private teacher in Salvador---Sheila Waksman at basicalingua.

by Andreas1978

Ahhh, but Salvador is not Fortaleza. Guess the best idea would be to learn Portuguese fast and start my own school :o) There must be a demand for that soon with all the tourists!

Anyway... thanks Guedes

by Andreas1978

I ment thanks Bahiana! ;)

Hehehe! You're welcome anyway... =P

I've heard of a language school where they teach Portuguese for foreigners, and some teachers probably give private lessons... I'll try to find out what's that school and get you the number!

See ya!

Actually, I've found 2 schools which teach Portuguese to foreigners:

Poliglota: +55 85 3272 1433
YESKY: +55 85 3261 4100

But if you want me to call them to ask anything, just let me know.

See ya! =)

by Andreas1978

Hey! Thanks... I actually met someone in Fortaleza wich is a English teacher for Brasilians... but she agreed to give me lessons in Portuguese!!! Lucky me!!

Thanks for all your help... the best way though to learn i guess is to mingle with the locals and talk as much as you can... ;o))))

No problem! Lucky you! hehe
I hope she's also good in teaching Portuguese for foreigners!
Feel free to ask questions about Portuguese here, btw!

Take care!

by little.cintia

I teach English for Brazilians. I could teach Portuguese :)

by Andreas1978

Yeah, great Cintia, I'll contact you on Facebook... cheers! ;o))))

by coogee99

hi cintia, i am now in fortaleza and looking for some portuguese lessons, maybe you could help?

my email is coogee99@hotmail.com

by chizinha

Oi I want to go to Fortaleza for few months and need Portuguese teacher. Interested?
I want to make friends!

by ivetinha

Hi!

I could maybe help you.
I'm from Fortaleza and just came back from London where i lived for 7 years!
We could either have lessons or just be friends... so you can get used to the language. I'm happy to help because it's was so great when i had someone helping me when i was learning English over there.

just contact on iveteandrade303@gmail.com

hope to hear from you!

Ivete

Travel Tips for Fortaleza

Change money

by IneXisTenZ

You have no problems with ATM's.. I think it's the best thing to do, cause you pick the money you want and you don't need to get around with lot's of it..

But you can change money at numerous places down on the beach and, in the city centre, at Tropical Viagens, Rua Barão do Rio Branco 1233 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 8am-noon).

DOWNTOWN do do do do do do do DOWNTOWN do do do do

by CactusJim

Alright, if you want to find a unique gift or a hard to find item head downtown and let the search begin! Downtown has it all, they have every kind of thing for sale imaginable and most of the time it is really cheap.

They have stuff for sale downtown that they stopped making twenty years ago, tucked away on the top shelf. There are all kinds of good little sandwich shops and places to get something to eat and something cold to drink so go down and spend the day.

There is also tons of beautiful architecture downtown, unlike the new stuff that is just concrete. Blahhhh

Later in the afternoon cool off with a movie at the most beautiful movie theater in Brazil, and relax in the air conditioning after a long morning of exploring. (Check out my Sao Luiz tip for more movie theater information.)

Just remember to dress for the environment leave all your jewelry at home and carry nothing, no fanny pack, no purse, nothing.

Best night club

by little.cintia about Mucuripe Club

If you want to dance, see some beautiful people, great cocktails and to be in a place which will be open until 6 am...
Then go to Mucuripe Club. They have a massive open space for bands to perform and 3 night clubs playing different music styles.
It's well worth it going there :)

More info: http://fortalezainenglish.blogspot.com/ No shorts, no flipflops... :)

Beach Park

by little.cintia

If you want to relax and not be bothered with people trying to sell you all kinds of stuff and eat great food, then you need to go to Beach Park. You don't need to get into the Aqua Park, you can just use their beach :)
It's 25 mins away from the city, but it's worth going there. It isn't as cheap as the "barracas" at Praia do Futuro, but the service is better and the beach is so much more quiet.

Fortaleza, beach and beers

by georeiser

Fortaleza is a coastal city in the north eastern part of Brazil with more than two mill. inhabitants. The city has nice beaches and is a great place for relaxing, drinking beers and having fun. The weather is tropical and warm.

On the picture is expat Per Gunnar Hammerstad on his virgin trip to Brazil. He falled in love with the country and lives in Brazil with his wife.

The weather is tropical and warm with January and February as the warmest month. Temperatures between 30 and 40°C is the normal.

Comments