Gran Marquise By Sol Melia

Avenida Beira Mar 3980, Praia de Mucuripe, Fortaleza, State of Ceara, 60165-121, Brazil
Hotel Gran Marquise
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 54% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Fortaleza

Fortaleza beach, BrazilFortaleza beach, Brazil

Crabs at The PRAIA DO FUTURO, Fortaleza. BrazilCrabs at The PRAIA DO FUTURO, Fortaleza. Brazil

buggy ride to go therebuggy ride to go there

A practiceA practice

Private schools in Fortaleza

by djdantas

Hi I will be moving to Fortaleza in July with my husband and 10 year old son. I have tried to search for private schools biligual or english would be perferred but can't seem to find any. Could anyone send me a list of private schools that I can contact when I am there in a few weeks. Thanks a bunch!

Re: Private schools in Fortaleza

by cassiovieggore

There are some but you need make sure (phone call or internet) about brazilian courses:

I suggest you live near school since I've heard of Fortaleza's districts. Most of them are hazardous.
Cassiovieggore

Travel Tips for Fortaleza

some advices to spend your vacation safe

by kshin

Hi.
It is true that a lot of statistics show that the violence isn't under control here is Brazil.
However, I have to say that I've never been robbed ou suffered any kind of violence here for 10 years.
If you bear in mind some advices, I think you can spend your vacation safe without problems.
First of all, don't go to the place everyone says "it's dangerous". I know a lot of tourists that want to visit favelas just out of curiosity. Just don't do it.
Also, try not to use the clothes that call atention and try to avoid the place where few people go around.
It's important to ask someone you can trust like hotel manager before doing something if you aren't sure.
Of course I can't guarantee your safety for sure. Nevertheless, with my advices and your efforts, I'm pretty sure that your vacation will be nice and safe.

Packing List

by Linee

Fortaleza is basically warm all year around (between 25ºC and 31ºC), so bring comfortable summer clothes and sunglasses. From March to June it can rain but usually is only early in the morning and the temperature doesn’t go any lower than 25ºC. Don’t forget to bring swimming clothes once the best attractions are the beaches. You might want to bring something a little bit more dressy (but nothing formal) for the night, specially if you want to go to night clubs. Don't forget to bring sun lotion and if you are going outside town you might want to bring a bug repellent but anyother than that just bring some aspirines in case of sunstroke or hang overs. But don't worry much you can find a drugstore everywhere.

Flexeiras

by SoccerGirl09

Flexeiras, populated by fisherman colonies, has a rustic and quiet scenery for those who 100k for tranquility. I have never been to Flexeras, but I hear it is awesome there. As you can see, it is beautiful!!!

Let's Sushi!

by SoccerGirl09 about Imperio do Sushi (Sushi Empire)

I LOVE SUSHI!!! Fortaleza is a great place to get sushi... Anymore, you can get it in every corner. Pretty much everywhere you go to eat sushi, the place is packed full with people. So, one night, my mom and I decided to look for a sushi bar that wouldn't be so full. For our surprise, there was a little place just a few blocks from our house. We decided to go in, and we could choose between two floors. It is pretty small there, so we stayed downstairs. The people there are lovely. The sushimen are a lot of fun. The sushi was the best I ate in my life. No need to say, we went back there at leat once a week for about three months! They all know me and my family by name and they always do everything in their power to make us happy. After a while they became more than sushimen, waitress and managers. They became people who cared. As I started observing, they treat everybody very good... It wasn't only us that they called by name and etc. They also make as many sushis you want and you get to pick the kind of each one of them. Anyways... The sushi is great, the environment is delightfull and the people are lovely. My favorite sushi is "Sushi de Pate (sammon or tuna) (rice, pate and sea weed)" and "Ebi-Maki com queijo (Ebi-Maki w/ cheese) (rice, shrimp, sea weed and cheese)" . But I pretty much eat everything that is sushi... You can also get some sashimi there and a few kinds of Japanese soups or noodles!

Day trips to the many different beaches....

by sailornappo

... especially a trip to see the FALESIAS, a miniature "grand canyon" with an abundance of different natural sand colours (10) that are used by the local artists to make wonderful creations in glass containers.
And a trip in a dunebuggy driven by a local guide through the up to 45 meter high dunes is worth the 80 Reais (for up to 4 people), as they stop in places of interest to take pics or for additional action, like surfing the dunes down on wooden boards called "ESQUI-BUNDA".

Comments