Novotel Magna Fortaleza

Av Presidente Kennedy 2380, Meireles, Fortaleza, State of Ceara, Brazil

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Fortaleza

Fortaleza, Beira Mar Ave. (Main waterfront street)Fortaleza, Beira Mar Ave. (Main waterfront street)

One of the beaches off the roadOne of the beaches off the road

Cristo Rei stained glass one of manyCristo Rei stained glass one of many

The downtown squareThe downtown square

Mucuripe

by little.cintia

What about Mucuripe Club this Friday?! :)
Who's in?
:D

by mircaskirca

Oi linda! Infelizmente na sexta-feira tampouco nao vai dar, so ao final do ano! Entao, a gente se encontra, pode deixar :) Combinado?

by vtt01

Arrghh!! I Wish i could go there on friday !! But unfortunately i'm back in France right now :-((
But there's one thing i'm sure : I'll be back in Fortaleza very very soon

by Andreas1978

That's okay Van, I can tell you all about how it was tomorrow since you filled me in on Pirata Monday!! ;o)No, just kidding, I'm off to Jeri tommorow morning... but there will be other Friday nights, as well as Saturdays, and Monday, and Wednesdays..... god I love Fortaleza!!!!

Travel Tips for Fortaleza

Blue Skies and Beaches

by SoccerGirl09

Fortaleza to me, means home! I was born and raised in Fortaleza, and there I spent the best years of my life. Fortaleza is a great place to live. It is a big town and there is lots to do! I haven't been home in almost two years... And what I miss the most about Fortaleza??? I miss the sunshine all year long. I miss the cool breeze from the ocean and the white sand on the beach. I miss the happy environment and the happy people. I miss going out all the time and just having a blast! I miss the positive energy involved in every single place you are at, and in every single person you are with!!!

Typical beach resort

by sailornappo

Most outlying beaches that are a "MUST SEE" not too far from Fortaleaza are in combination of being also a resort. This one here in Morro Branco (Praia das Fontes) is typical of many, about 85 km from Fortaleza, and all the popular beaches / resorts can be visited by participating in one of the local Bus-tours that are offered which pick up and return the visitors from their hotel for the daily excursions.

By the beach

by SoccerGirl09 about Barraca Biruta

This is a Nightlife and a Daylife spot. It is a place in "Praia do Futuro" called "Barraca Biruta". During the day, especially during vacation time, there are a lot of good looking people enjoying the beach, people from all around the world. At night, people go there usually when there are concerts, parties and etc. During the month of July, every Tueday, there is the "Festa Normal", where a whole bunch of people go there and dance, it is style night club. Then, on saturdays, there are always, parties that you can go to that is usually also night club style. Year round, there are concerts with famous artists. This picture was taken there last July in one of the "Festa Normal". I really enjoy going there.. Very nice environment. Anything you like. That's what I like about Biruta. Just be yourself.

Ski bunda at Cumbuco

by DrLeoLocke

It´s a famous thing...you can slide the sand dune and ,at the end, dive in a salt lake(a little deep)
Just go to Cumbuco beach, do a buggy ride ( with emotion!!) and ask for SKI BUNDA!
You ´ll enjoy it

Fortaleza - Ceara

by pure1942

"Fortaleza"

Fortaleza is one of the mojor cities of North-East Brazil. Fortaleza (meaning 'fortress' in portuguese) has a population of over 2,500,000 and could be considered the main tourist city of North-East Brazil.
Having not expeienced the city from a commercial and tourism point of view I can not review the city fairly as a potential 'go-to' spot for holiday goers or backpackers.
All I can say is that there does seem to be a nice beachfront area and a lively, cultural atmoshere surrounding this commercial area.

"Poverty in Fortaleza"

My experience of Fortaleza centred around a visit to one of the city's many 'favelas' or shanty towns where the underprivileged of the city have set up temporary dwellings.
Having no where else to go these people literally stake out an area of unused or rarely used government owned land and set up their dwellings.
Violent conflicts between these squatters and nearby landowners are widesread and often leads to violent attacks and even murder.
Landowners attempt to intimidate these people into leaving the area.

One of the most harrowing sights I experienced in Brazil (and believe me I saw many) was the sight of men, women, boys and girls, sortiong through rubbish in a dump in Fortaleza, trying to scrape a living by finding recyclable materials and selling them on to a middle man before he sells them on to recycling planr. As you can probably imagine, they don't receive very much. Most people working in these conditions are lucky make 10 euro a month!!!

Comments