Oasis Atlantico Imperial Hotel

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Fortaleza

Fortaleza, BrazilFortaleza, Brazil

The lovely hammock that was my bedThe lovely hammock that was my bed

me at Pirata´sme at Pirata´s

The Portuguese center at nightThe Portuguese center at night

Golf in Fortaleza ?

by ollia

Hi,

Is there any Golf courses closed to Fortaleza? And what are green free prices?

br Olli

by Guedes

Golf courses? I'm afraid not... And I'm almost sure there are no golf camps here, but I've heard there's going to be a resort with a big one, I just don't know when and if the resort is really going to be built.

by theadebo

You are at least 2 years too early. Currently there are no Golf courses in Ceara, but one is planned for both sides of Fortaleza. The Vila Galet one in Cumbuco has just started constuction, which is to say that they have started to build the Hotel, the 9 hole course will come later, and is planned to be expanded to a 9 and an 18 hole set up.

Right now?
Noa tem nada!

by Chris1402

Hola Olli! The only golf course under construction and due to open SEPT 2009 (first 9 holes) is The Aquiraz Riviera course.......I have played the holes without greens as I know the shaper and designer....It will be fantastic! Four 5 star hotels being built and numerous holiday homes.....From Fortaleza (40 mins) take road to Aquiraz and then on to Iguape(new viaduct) follow road to Aquiraz Riviera. Check www.aquirazriviera.com Olli...this is for future reference.

by asipatel

I would like to know if there are golf courses near Pecem/Fortaleza area in Brazil. I'm visiting in July/August 2010

Travel Tips for Fortaleza

Don Nesi Mission

by randychiara

My mom used to work and teach for this priest when he lived in Italy and she got involved with his plans to build a village in a favela in Fortaleza, where he moved 20 years ago. This priest died last year, but he did so much for this little favelados.. he is not that kind of priest who wanted foreigners to adopt children. he built this village and with his van everyday he picked up kids from the favela, took him inside the mission, where they could be feeded, taught, washed and where they could start living a life as individuals, making plans for the future and so on.
A lot of these kids have grown up and now they are at universities and so on. This mission has changed the face of Fortaleza favelas in the past 20 years. The aim of this priest and his mission was not to involve favelados in religion, but in social activities so that they would feel alive and could produce something out of their brains/hands. So here a lot of jobs were created and we keep working on this mission here with another priest, even helping with money. A lot of my friends and i keep going every now and then for short/long time to help the people who work there permanently.. now the mission is like a new heaven for these kids and their poor warm hearted families.. I usually get emotionally exicited when we talk about this, cos my dream is to take 6-12 months off and give all my knowledge, love and culture to the harmless and poor kids and help this mission make a better life for them..

well, if you wanna know more about this.. the mission is called Madonnina del grappa.
Volunteers are always welcome!

Dont forget the sun-lotion!!!

by sailornappo

Travel LIGHT! Most clothing may never get un-packed if you are like me. LIGHT clothing !!!!
Sandals, shorts and a T-shirt get you through most of your vacation there. Oh, don't forget your swimsuit and a sunhat :-) A camera is a must, even a video. I preferred my tiny inexpensive digital, point and shoot as on many excursions there is no time to set things like focus. Also in terms of safety, I did not want to display any fancy equipment to the poor locals. On the beaches there is no problem in that regard.

Parties, Night Clubs, Luaus and more!

by SoccerGirl09

Hey guys.. I finally went to Fortaleza again... So now, I will be able to be a little more helpful about where to go!!! I hope it helps!!
The nightlife in Fortaleza is pretty fun. We always have live concerts and night clubs to go to. On Thursdays nights there is always places by the beach where you can enjoy some very good crab and sit with your friends listening to live music. There is always bars and cafes to go, places where you can sing and dance!! Whatever!! You dress however you please.

Fejoada do Dona Goretti

by CactusJim about Algumas

This is the typical North Eastern dish that has become popular throughout Brazil in recent years. That being said, the best place to get this dish is still in the North East. Some restaurants have it on the menu. You will just have to ask and keep your eyes open. This dish was prepared by mea Sogra Dona Goretti. It is in the top 5 foods that you need to have while your in Fortaleza. It consists of beef, sausage, beans, and rice. It is slow cooked or cooked in a pressure cooker and served piping hot. I like to spice mine up with a little hot sauce. Ummmmm! Fejoada do Dona Goretti

Making Lace...

by sailornappo

The Art of making lace as demonstrated by this local woman. It is fascinating to watch how fast the woman can manipulate all the many wooden handles, and creating wonderful designs laid out on a primitive paper or cardboard pattern.

Comments