Seamar Hotel

Rua Carlos Vasconcelos 115, Meirelas, Fortaleza, State of Ceara, 60115-170, Brazil
Seamar Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Fortaleza

Praia de Icarema at Christmas timePraia de Icarema at Christmas time

walking after local guidewalking after local guide

some privates working a detailsome privates working a detail

Iracema Statue at nightIracema Statue at night

Record stores in Fortaleza

by ilep

Hi, I'd like to know about record stores in Fortaleza. I'm mainly interested in metal music and collect vinyls and cds. Info on all kinds of "underground" record shops (that specialize on the more hard to find reords, south american metal vinyls and such), second hand record shops are greatly appreciated. Naturally I'm interested on the larger stores, that carry different kinds of music, too, but my main interest is the small independent record stores and second hand stores. Thank you in advance!

RE: Record stores in Fortaleza

by fwelber

In Fortaleza??!!

In Sao Paulo could be easy, in Rio too, but in Fortaleza??!! Let's wait for the Fortaleza guys to answer.

RE: RE: Record stores in Fortaleza

by Guedes

There is "Desafinado", on Dom Luís avenue, which is said to be good... there's also one at Del Paseo mall. But if you're looking for underground music, you should go to "Galeria Pedro Jorge", downtown... it's not very easy to find, though... it's somewhere between Praça do Ferreira and Praça da Estação, near Lojas Americanas... =)

RE: RE: Record stores in Fortaleza

by ilep

Thanks a lot! I'll try to track those stores down when I'm there!

Yeah, fwelber, I did few searches on the Internet and for what I understand Sao Paulo would have been a great place to visit. Unfortunately my wife might not be so passionate about spending days hunting records as I am. :)

Travel Tips for Fortaleza

Just be yourself

by SoccerGirl09

Fortaleza people are probably one of the most friendly people that you will ever meet in your life!! We are veeeeery happy people and we are always going to make you feel welcome!! That's a promise. We also love to kiss, so, we are going to kiss you twice on the cheeks! We love to go out, have fun, capoeira and many other tings!! The Native people also are very creative and good with arts. You can get wonderful soveneires most of them made by hand from the hard work of our people. On this picture, a lady is making a towel, or bed spread, table spread. They make it very quickly, and all by hand.. The ladies are called "Rendeiras"

Paracuru

by SoccerGirl09

Paracuru is a beautiful beach along the west coastline of Fortaleza. Paracuru, prefered for the practice of nautical sports, has an intense movement of people during carnival time. My family has a beach house in paracuru. I remember when we were little, we always went to the street carnival in Paracuru. We got all dressed up in our costumes and we would take eggs and flour and throw at each other and at other people. It was awesome. We did that all 4 nights of Carnival. Paracuru will always have a special place in my heart!

EAT UP!!!

by SoccerGirl09

Oh my Gosh... Where am I going to start from?? If you have a healthy appetite, Fortaleza IS THE PLACE to be. First of all, you have to decide what kind of food you want to eat. Well, in my opininon, you can get great Japanese/Chinese food at Moyashi (by the way, I'm not just saying that because the owner is my best friend). Well, after the Japanese food, what about some 'baiao de dois' from Colher de Pau? And what about the sea food? Fortaleza is definetly the place to be if you want to try wonderfull sea food. Also, a lot of barbicue and 'feijoada'. Also, there is some pretty nice cafes!!
Most of the restaurants in Fortaleza have a very delightfull environment. Some of them have live music playing, some of them have karaoke. There is always something 'happy' going on. Usually most of the people enjoy the athmosphere.
If you like meat, you should try one of the "Rodizios". Rodizios are restaurants where you get all you can eat meat, and you get a variaty of YUMMY meats!

Bus tours

by sailornappo

Exploring the many wonderful beaches and resorts if one is not familiar with the area is best done by signing up with one of the organized tour-operators that will pick you up right at your hotel. Hotels should have info and brochures about these trips. Unfortunately, some of the best beaches or attractions are out of the city, so we found this to be a most pleasant experience. And not only is the trip itself enjoyable, but once arriving at its destination, one is free to use all the facilites at that location, including their pools and - if they have - waterslides, rest under the palmhuts on the beach or enjoy parasailing, rent a horse or whatever attractions are offered. Also, on arrival one would want to order ahead of time individually cooked delicious but inexpensive lunches of a great variety to be ready at the chosen time.
It works like this: One calls the tour-organizer a day or two ahead of the planned place to visit and a comfortable airconditioned bus will pick you up in the morning right at your hotel. Each bus has a pleasant female guide and they will come to the hotel lobby where you are waiting and call out your name.
Once all the parties are collected from the different hotels, the trip begins to its destination, which can be only a few kilometers away or as much as well over a hundred. On the longer trips, there is usually a pit-stop involved at some place of interest along the way, for example on the trip to Caponga beach they stop at a place where women practise the fascinating art of making lace, and all there work can be purchased.
The athmosphere on the bus is anything but boring, as the tourguide may not only explain many things along the way, but also will ask each participant to take the microfon and introduce themselves to the passengers. Of course, most of the communication is in portuguese.
The bus then stays at the destination for the day and will return all its )often tired) passengers back to their hotels late in the afternoon or early evening.

Fortaleza... sun city

by DrLeoLocke

"Sun and Forró"

Fortaleza is one of the most beautifull brazilian cities..it´s located at Ceará´s State,northeast region. The famous dance forró was borned there,with a mix of european and brazilian cultures.
Beautifull beaches, rock canyons and sand dunes made this town very attractive.

"World´s most famous monday !!"

I´t´s there,according to The new york times, at Pirata´s bar, where you can dance forro and meet some local people.

you can see me in the red circle enjoying Pirata´s monday night

"Nice hotels"

As you can see,Fortaleza is a " tourist city",and there you can find many hotels, cheap or expensive ones,located at Fortaleza´s beaches
See the tips below