Vela E Mar Hotel Fotazela

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 23% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Fortaleza

Refreshing cool coconut waterRefreshing cool coconut water

traditional local rafttraditional local raft

The boat you take w/ the raft used to board herThe boat you take w/ the raft used to board her

They do not make them like these anymore!They do not make them like these anymore!

hostels in Fortalezza

by ozzybuffalo

I'm thinking of visiting fortalezza for a week. I'm having trouble finding reviews on hostels in the area. I don't really know hostels that well, I've only rented apartments. But I think a week is too short for that.

It sounds like a good plan would be to stay at a hotel the first day, probably in Meireless and look for hostels around there the first day. Does anyone know what the going rate is for hostels there? Is it possible to get a private room that I can lock my stuff in (I have a laptop)? I don't know how secure hostels usually are...

Re: hostels in Fortalezza

by mircaskirca

When I visit Fortaleza I always stay in Atalaia hostel. It's located on Praia de Iracema, just in front of the sea, close to some best restaurants, nigh clubs and cultural centre Dragao do Mar.

Travel Tips for Fortaleza

Fortaleza is a big city (over...

by Linee

Fortaleza is a big city (over 2 million people)that still holds on to a certain small town's charm. By walking thru Beira Mar Avenue around 6pm you can see many people jogging and exercising. I must say that Beira Mar is right by the beach. Now tell me who can actually refuse a nice walk (or jogging) feeling the nice ocean breeze? And after burning some calories you can get them back by drinking a cool coconut water or a beverage made of a tropical fruit called 'Guaraná'. If you get lucky you can even see some people performing 'Capoeira' (leg-wresteling, an afro-Brazilian form of self-defense, also praticed as a sport).

Enjoy Your Vacation, Get Out, Have Fun

by SilentAssassin

At the different beaches in the region which you can visit for seemingly dirt cheap, there are TONS of enjoyable things you can do when you get there. I drove boats, rode canoes, horesback riding, parasailing, windsurfing, dune buggy ride... You name it, I tried to do it..

Fortaleza is REMARKABLE in every aspect, I can't WAIT to go back!

Forró - Cultural dance

by IneXisTenZ

Fortaleza is justly famous for its forró . Nowhere is it so popular, and there is no better way to see what Cearenses do when they want to enjoy themselves than to spend a night in a dancetaria in Fortaleza. And spending the night is literally what you need to do: although most dancetarias open at 10pm, people don't really start arriving until around midnight, and peak time is in the early hours of the morning. There always seems to be forró on somewhere but the venue changes every night.

NEAR FORTALEZA : CANOA QUEBRADA

by swesn

Canoa Quebrada is a great beach resort-town near Fortaleza.

I know, here in norther Brazil, a place with great beaches and great beach resort-towns everywhere, what is to make you go to one and not the other.

Well, I cannot advise you as I have not been to that many resort-towns but my friend from Fortaleza, a true-blue beach-babe, claims that this is her favourite, so it ought to mean something.

Canoa has a row of dark red cliff where there are restaurants and bars located at the base... surprisingly on stilts. In front of these restaurants and bars, there is an immense flat piece of gorgeous beach.

At first, I wondered why all the restaurants are packed so tightly to the base of the cliffs. Then, as I tanned the entire afternoon, I know why. The tide comes really up close!! Sitting on one of the beach-chairs near a bar, I had to move 3 times, before finally giving up. No wonder the bars and restaurants are on stilts!!

If you are here on a full moon, you are in luck. Firstly, you can watch the bright full moon rising from the horizon of the ocean. A stunningly surreal sight!

Secondly, you can join the Full Moon Party at Freedom Bar (the one with the huge Bob Marley's face) and party around the camp-fire til sun-rise. Meanwhile, you can trace the full moon as it circles around the sky on top of you.

Throughout the night, the tide will ebb and flow right back up to the stilts just before sun-rise... provided you have not collapsed from too much drink or grass.

A wonderful experience to see the FULL MOON RISE and then, the SUN RISE.

Fortaleza...

by erikute3534

I dont want to offend anybody.. but i really didnt find anything of interest in Fortaleza. Nothing special as per books, absolutely nothing.. Yes, there are shopping malls, huge buildings, 'nicer' areas.. but is not nice! correct me if I am wrong..

to live in this house????? 'luxury'??? that all building up to very high floor with security iron bars?? what life can it be for 1mln USD price??? no way... not my life type!

Comments