Estado do Maranhão Hotels

Our Members Say

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

POUSADA BEIRA RIO: THE WILDERNESS IN YOUR BALCONY

I consider myself very adventurous. I keep on travelling my own country in order to find new destinations to improve my work and also to tell all my friends the best places to go, and the unuausla places where a real trip to Brazil can make a difference.

BARREIRINHAS is one of my stops when I want to exp.lore the endless dunes of Lençois and all the green forest and magroves between Preguicas River and the coast of Caburé. This is exactly where this magnificent river which gives so much life to all people and animals thourghout the river, meets the Atlantic Ocean which is shown to you in such a incredible rough version.

But I have a place to stay when I spend my nights in Barreirinhas...

Marcone, my great traveller companior and local contact in Maranhão always travels with me, and we strongly recommend this Pousada.

All the balconies overview the River and its interesting busy life!

MAY 12TH-2007

• Written May 14, 2007

Me and Marcone in our balcony at Preguicas River

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

POUSADA BEIRA RIO: A FABULOUS HOUSE ON THE RIVER

Marcone and I spent one weekend there, and I strongly recommend you this place to be your reference point in your adventure in the famous LENÇOIS MARANHENSES.

The staff is absolutely friendly and their kitchen is ready to make all your "eating dreams" come true!

The have their own private pier on Preguiças River, and from your window you can view the forest and the busy life with boats going up and down the river...

Clean atmosphere and the best way to observe local life with privacy and confort.

And the great news of all...It is very cheap!!!

NOTE: Pousada is the name given for a sort of informal and home feeling accomodation very common in many villages of Brazil. It is a sort of hostel but way better than a hostel. you have all the confort of a hotel but it is cheaper than a hotel or a resort.

The room is excelent...spacious with king size bad, air conditioned environment with nice bathroom equipped with HOT SHOWER - something very rare even in luxurious Pousadas in Maranhão State.

The room has a great balcony where you can see the river and also the main beach BEIRA RIO.

Barreirinhas is your main poin to explore the wilderness of Preguiças River and also to make your way to Caburé beach and many other villages in the surroudings.

NO DOUBT YOUI CAN STAY THERE IF ONE OF YOUR CONCERNS IS SAVING MONEY!!!

May 12th - 2007

• Written May 14, 2007

Marcone at Beira Rio Pousada

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

RIGHT IN THE HISTORICAL CENTRE: POUSADA CANTARIA

Reviver is the name given to the preservation work they did in São Luis some years ago, they are really concern to preserve such a rich portuguese and french heritage all over the old part of the city. Actually today it is also the name of this faboulous and magnificent neighborhood full of old and narrow streets, colonial buildings and very busy night life!

This is a very charming part of the town where you really should stay!

At Cantaria you can have an air conditioning room with a balcony overviewing the Rua do Giz, one of the most traditional streets of OLD SÃO LUIS!

You will stay in a house of over 200 years.

Marcone and I shared the room and we had a great time there.

The room is not sophisticated, remember you are in a old house, and the shower is not hot, but very decent for a quick shower!

Do not expect luxury and confort, but be sure that you will save your money to enjoy the city even better!

APRIL 30TH 2007