Hotel Itaoca Belem

Presidente Vargas, 132, Quarter Centro, Belem, State of Para, 66010-000, Brazil

Despegar.com

More about Belém

Imagine living in a place like this...Imagine living in a place like this...

Pato no TucupiPato no Tucupi

White Açaí or Red Açái with CharquiWhite Açaí or Red Açái with Charqui

Mango treesMango trees

Which tour operator in Belem is best?

by mizmamie

I'll visit Belem in a few months and have found 2 tour operators so far: Amazon Star and Vale Verde. Both of them seem to offer very similar outings (Ilha dos Papagaios, Icoaraci, etc.) at pretty much the same prices. If you have used one or both, which would you recommend? Are there other good tour operators in Belem? My travel partner and I can speak Portuguese, so having an English-speaking guide is not necessary. In fact, we prefer someone who doesn't speak English so we can practice our Portuguese. :-)

Thanks in advance!

by cordell-brasil

em que tipo de passeio estas interesado??
eu posso te ajudar bastante mas preciso de mais especificações com relação ao tipo de lugares que queres visitar
abraço

by NedHopkins

I used Amazon Star in 2004 for a full day tour to the jungle (including dawn at Parrot Island) and a half-day tour of the city. I recommend them highly. While some or all of their guides speak English, I'm sure they'd gladly converse (only) in Portugese if you prefer.

Goggle Amazon Star: I made my reservations over the internet before leaving the US

by luwan

Bom, eu sou de Belém...e pelo que tenho visto a Vale Verde está mais estruturada para receber os turistas em Belém!!
Se tiver alguma duvida, pergunte-me! Ou mande um email.
Abracos
Luiz

Travel Tips for Belém

Eat Cairu Ice Cream...

by twy

Eat Cairu Ice Cream everyday... I'm not kidding... It's the best Ice Cream in the world, and ever since I left Belem I've thought about it everyday. We would walk for over an hour to get to Cairu, even in the sweltering heat... The best flavors are Tapioca and Mango... So Super. My fondest memory is the shopping for Hammocks - the first day we went they tried to charge us 30 real, the next day, 20 real, the third day - it was down to 10 real... we took that deal, but later found them cheaper - oh well!

Cerpa - Local Beer

by mircaskirca

Cerpa is most recognized and famous beer of the state of Para. It's a market leader. You can choose between:

- Cerpa Pilsen 600ml, traditional
- Cerpa Export 300ml, known nationally and internationally, a synonym of status and sophistication
- Chopp Cerpa (draught beer), regional preference of bars, restaurants and great popular feasts

Packing List

by pjallittle

The smaller the better. You just do not need much in this area of the world.
During rainy season, the obvious. Sturdy shoes, but there is nothing that you cannot buy. We always pack a couple of empty cloth bags for all the just in case purchases. Go light, come home heavy. Ship anything that you don't need right away. Even from one city to another, it works and is not terribly expensive.
As little as possible. All of these areas have toiletries and medicines, probably a lot cheaper than you would pay for them at home and usually with no Rx.

Rubbertrees

by pepples46

it was the Rubber boom marking the rise of the region around Santarem and the City as such a bustling trading Center.
and....an escape place for Slaves who settled along the River, they where never conquered again, mixed with the Indian tribes and created a new society.

Yet another vegan restaurant - the best of all

by sanguin about Oasis

Every day the Oasis has a different meal, an excellent vegan dish you can order for 250g, 350g or 500g. They also have fresh juices that are very good (for example, pinapple with mint or lemon with ginger). Desserts feature banana cake, papaya or maracujá mousse. Zuccini-Cake

Comments