Mercure Curitiba Centro
Rua Emiliano Perneta, 747, Centro, Curitiba, State of Parana, 80420080, Brazil
More about Curitiba
Exterior: Lighthouse of Knowledge in every neighbo
What to do in Paranagua
I will be going to Curitiba in March and do the train ride to Paranagua now I have several questions and I hope somebody can help me.
1. How do I get back from Paranagua to Curitiba? And when does the train leave?
2. Is Paranagua a nice place to stay, are there any good beaches, waterfalls, things to see
3. What else can I do in Curitiba, is there any good place for hiking there or close to Paranagua?
4. Can anybody recommend a cheap place to stay in Curitiba as well as in or around Paranagua
Thank you very much
Re: What to do in Paranagua
I am calling from Curitiba..:)
..an "authentic Curitibana..:)
1. If you get the train at 8 am you will get to Paranagua at 12..time to eat shrimps and drink beer....:)
From Paranagua back to Curitiba you can take a bus..1.30 hours drive....there are buses in every hour..
( I am not sure why...but the train does not get back to Curitiba)
Check the site of the train company:
2. No..Paranagua is not a nice place to stay....you should take a boat to Ilha do Mel..A VERY nice island...
Check the site:
This is a very nice Pousada (hostel) in Ilha do Mel..there is an English version there...
The problem is that they do not have English versions.............:((
3. There are many things to do in Curitiba...depending on what are your interests...there are some sites,,the problem is that there is no English version...
BTW..you should learn some "basic" Portuguese before coming...
4. Brazil is very cheap for most people......I can recommend you some places...
why don't you send me a note?
Re: What to do in Paranagua
I took the train last July, just a few days before it was closed due to an accident of a cargo train that broke a bridge and fell into the river...but don't worry, the passenger train is very slow and much lighter so it won't be dangerous anyway. During the week the train is arriving only at Morretes not in Paranaguà. This village is famous for the barreado, a local speciality based on meat, very good even if a bit heavy. I recommend you try it with bananas in the restaurante Madalozo, good quality for the usual low prices of restaurants in Brasil.
We didn't get back by train because we continued our journey to Santa Catarina by car(a Curitiban friend came by car from Curitiba) but the train does get back to Curitiba, as you can see on the official site: www.serraverdeexpress.com.br
where you can see timetables and fares.
RE: RE: What to do in Paranagua
planning to do the same train trip.
found this website with nice pics
Travel Tips for Curitiba
O Palacio do Governo
The Palace of Parana state government, at the end of Avenida Candido de Abreu. Parana's and Curitiba's local government are usually considered among the most efficient in Brazil, but they use to be highly technocrat in the implementation of their decisions, giving little importance to people's opinions.
Mercado Municipal de Curitiba (Municipal Market)
This place is an experience for your five senses... lots of fruits, vegetables, fish, meat, japanese and chinese ingredients and beverages (imported beer and exclusive wines).
It counts also with a Patio with some fast-food and regular restaurants where you can eat very good for very reasonable money.
It definitely worths a visit...
When I'm in Curitiba it is kind of Saturday morning hobby...
nature u see by litorina train
if u take this old train from Curitiba to Morretes, you'll see these beautiful unspoiled forests, sometimes the picks of these mountains are really high and the view from the train is a bit scary ihhiihhi
Foz do Iguaçu
This is Iguaçu Falls, hundreds kilometers from Curitiba, but still at the same State, Paraná. It's one of the wonderfull sites of the world. It's located on the border of Brazil and Argentina. It's really woth a visit. There's fligth from São Paulo or Curitiba.
Popular Hotels in Curitiba