San Juan Foz Do Iguacu

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 17% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Foz do Iguaçu

Part of the Iguacu close by.Part of the Iguacu close by.

Itaipu Hydro Project: water going over spillwaysItaipu Hydro Project: water going over spillways

Churrascaria Bufalo Branco in Foz do IguaçuChurrascaria Bufalo Branco in Foz do Iguaçu

Iguacu FallsIguacu Falls

Is Oficina de Sorvette still open?

by glabah

This is one of the best ice cream shops I have ever been in...but that was a few years ago. Is it still open?

Re: Is Oficina de Sorvette still open?

by RoseFerreira

Hi, my name is Rose, I don't live near Foz do Iguaçu, but I made a search to help you. Yes, Oficina do Sorvete still exists, below I am posting their direct site with their story. I read it and know I want to taste this ice cream. Will have to plan to go to Foz de Iguaçu again, just because of the ice cream. "Joking"

www.oficinadosorvete.com

RoseFerreira

Travel Tips for Foz do Iguaçu

Animals!

by Gwynethart

Keep watching all around you - on the ground, in the air, in the trees - you never know what you'll see! The flora and fauna is so completely different than anything I see where I live. Well, if I go to a nursery or if I take a look at my houseplants, I can see the things that I saw in this forest. The animals I would have to go to a zoo to see - and wouldn't anyone rather see them in their own native habitat? It's thrilling!

Swim

by acemj

This is a view from my hotel room balcony down to the pool. It gets pretty hot in Iguacu and there's no better way to cool off than to take a quick dip in the pool. Most hotels in the area are modern and will have a clean and safe pool to enjoy.

The Park

by jossiec

WE went on one of the speed boat rides upto the Devils Throat. This is the the largest waterfall, and the driver will bring you soo close that you get absolutly soaking wet. Very exhilerating. Watch your cameras though as the air is soo damp. We bought the video they take of you, which isnt bad quality, about $25 - but better than ruining you own.
We also went on a tamer boat ride, seen some small crocodiles !

Parque das Aves

by ATXtraveler

One of the great places to stop in for an afternoon in Foz do Iguaçu is at the Parque das Aves, which literally translates to Bird Park. As a person who enjoys taking photographs, this was a great opportunity to get up and close to the beautiful birds that had been flying around the falls and cities as we travelled throughout the region. In particular, we had the opportunity to see the coveted bird, the Toucan. Maybe it was all of those Fruit Loops commercials when I was younger that had me fascinated with Toucan Sam, but I have always wanted to see one of these animals up close. Well, Sarah and I got our wish here at the Bird Park.

The bird park of course has many other birds here, including flamingos, parrots of many varieties and many others. As of 2007, the cost to enter the park is $12USD, and the park is open from 8:30am through 5:30pm, which works out well if you are adding this before or after a day trip through the Parque Nacional do Iguacu, since it is located less than a mile from each other.

Cathedral

by andal13

Foz is a quite new city, but its Cathedral is brand-new: São João Batista was inaugurated in 1994.
I was there during the Holy Week, and despite I have no believes, the atmosphere inside the church was quite touching.

Foz es una ciudad bastante nueva, pero su Catedral es flamante: São João Batista fue inaugurada en 1994.
Estuve allí durante la Semana Santa, y aunque no tengo ninguna creencia, la atmósfera dentro de la iglesia era muy emotiva.

Comments