Golden Blue Hotel Express Londrina

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 22% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Londrina

Open Market on Sundays at the "Big Sidewalk"Open Market on Sundays at the "Big Sidewalk"

it is a very young cityit is a very young city

Refreshments are waiting for youRefreshments are waiting for you

And off we go!And off we go!

Travel Tips for Londrina

Dating/Courtship

by nnoah

Dating rules are different as well in Brazil: there isn't the same approach to casual dating as in the U.S. If two people are interested in each other, they will typically go out in a group with friends until the two know each other well, and will only go out alone if a serious relationship is being considered.
When two young people become engaged, the young man will wear a silver ring on his ring finger to indicate that he is engaged. The young woman will wear an engagement ring as is typical in most countries.
Family ties in Brazil are very strong, and typically families will live in close proximity to their extended family, often in the same household. A young man or woman will often live with his/her parents until he/she is ready to be married.

Londrina from Glabah's Perspective

by glabah

My primary involvement in Londrina has been with missionary agencies with headquarters there. I have worked with people from at least three different offices in this city: OMS International, which also has a seminary here, as well as the Africa Inland Mission (MIAFI in Portuguese) and during 2000 at least one office of YWAM (Youth With a Mission - JOCUM in Portuguese) was also located here.

Londrina is not a major tourist destination. It is a commercial center. It does have several nice parks.

Lake Igapo Park is a narrow park along a lake on the south side of the city. (There are actually four Lake Igapos)

Arthur Thomas Park has lake space (there is a small lake there) but it is possible to rent pedal powered paddle boats for the lake. The forest area around the lake is apparently native forest habitat of the region.

The Zerao (huge zero) is a jogging path with a playground, basketball courts, and other sports related items in the center part of the track. Yes, of course (this IS Brazil) one of the items included is an area for Futebol (soccer).

Londrina, Parana

by nnoah

Click picture to enlarge.

I was born in Londrina (see picture), Parana in southern Brazil, so it is safe to say that I have spent some time there. I grew up in Londrina and spent a total of 12 years of my life there. I am fluent in Portuguese as well as English, as I grew up speaking both. Anyway, as you can see, there isn't much info here just yet, since I just joined and have to digitize a lot of pictures. When I get the pictures ready and such, I will write the volumes of info I have on this country I love so much! Stay tuned!

Comments