Atol das Rocas

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Atol das Rocas

Atol das Rocas 1

by Guedes

Unfortunately this place can't be visited you need an authorization from IBAMA, and I think think they authorize tourists to go there... only reserchers, scientists... it's full of animals.
Nobody knows much about it, some people don't even know it exists.

Aquarela do Brasil

by hmoitta

The map shows the regions,states and its capitals,cities where you can take internal fligths, cars or buses to get around.

Some ideas for a trip to Brasil:
Rio de Janeiro and surroundings ( in the yellow region )
Northeast ( the orange region in the map ) with Fernando de Noronha Island
Amazonia ( the green region in the map )
Pantanal ( in the blue region in Mato Grosso and Mato Grosso do Sul states )
Minas Gerais historic cities ( in the yellow region )
Gauchas Mountains and Santa Catarina beaches ( in the red region )

If you like world heritage here you have the brasilian list :
1980 Historic Town of Ouro Preto ( Minas Gerais)
1982 Historic Centre of the Town of Olinda(Pernambuco)
1984 Jesuit Missions of the Guaranis in Sao Miguel das Missoes (Rio Grande do Sul)
1985 Historic Centre of Salvador de Bahia (Bahia)
1985 Sanctuary of Bom Jesus do Congonhas (Minas Gerais)
1986 Iguacu National Park (Parana)
1987 Brasilia (Distrito Federal)
1991 Serra da Capivara National Park (Piaui)
1997 Historic Centre of Sao Luis (Maranhao)
1999 Historic Centre of the Town of Diamantina (Minas Gerais)
1999 Discovery Coast Atlantic Forest Reserves (Bahia and Espirito Santo)
1999 Atlantic Forest Southeast Reserves (Sao Paulo and Parana)
2000 Pantanal Conservation Area (Mato Grosso and Mato Grosso do Sul)
2000 Jau National Park (Amazonas)
2001 Cerrado Protected Areas: Chapada dos Veadeiros and Emas National Parks (Goias)
2001 Brazilian Atlantic Islands: Fernando de Noronha and Atol das Rocas Reserves (Pernambuco)
2001 Historic Centre of the Town of Goias (Goias)

I'm detailing the places I've visited in the must see activities...

Brazillian marketBrazillian market

What a viewWhat a view

Boys dancing Samba in upper deckBoys dancing Samba in upper deck

BUY A COCONUT ON THE BEACHBUY A COCONUT ON THE BEACH

How Much To Take?

by Heavens-Mirror

I am going to Brazil in Feb 07 for 2 weeks. We are on half board basis and would like an idea of how much to take.

It is my first 2 week holiday abroad for a while so we are unsure how much to take with us.
Please can someone give me an idea of the cost of eating out, drinks etc.

Thanks,
Stacey x

RE: How Much To Take?

by emmet7

you will need to have at least USD500 in pocket money IMO

RE: RE: How Much To Take?

by robine

Eating and drinking out is roughly half the cost of doing so in UK, Stacey (depending on the places you choose, of course - there are also pricey joints). And plastic is accepted almost everywhere. Enjoy!

RE: How Much To Take?

by fwelber

Food and drink in Brazil are not expensive at all and they accept credit cards in the most of the places. It's gonna be expensive only if you want it. Natal, Fortaleza and MaceiĆ³ are touristic points in the northeast of the country, the prices are a little higher than, for example, Joao Pessoa, 120 km south of Natal, wonderful city but out of the main destinations. Even so, it'll gonna be very much cheaper than your country.

Travel Tips for Natal

Natal: a mystery to me!

by BlueLlama

"Why?"

I have to be honest and admit that I don't really get Natal. I have been, once, back in 2002. It's a pleasant enough place, but quite why it's been singled out as a tourist destination is a mystery to me. That's not to say I dislike Natal and its surroundings - I enjoyed my time there very much - but it doesn't have the wealth of things to see and do that other parts of Brazil do. Yet when I visited it was a magnet for Scandinavian tourists and since then it's taken off as a destination for other European travellers.

I stayed in a hotel in the city of Natal itself, which appears to centre around a motorway (our hotel was by the side of it). We had to take buses to go anywhere, including the tourist centre and museums in the smallish town. These were not convenient to say the least.

"Reasons to visit"

You should see Natal not so much for the city itself, but as a base from which to visit the beaches of Genipabu, Pipa and Ponta Negra; it's in between these destinations, making it a perfect location.

The initial inspiration for our own trip was to see the world's biggest cashew tree (in Genipabu) and we did not leave disappointed - I never thought I would be so delighted by a tree!

The reason we went at the time was to experience Natal's calmer take on the festival, which mainly centres on a parade featuring giant puppets. It is an interesting celebration, and is closer to the Portuguese traditions. We had a really enjoyable and chilled-out night eating on the beach and watching the celebrations.

"Natal the city"

What Natal does offer as a city is an insight into the culture of the North East. Having come from Salvador on my first real trip outside that city, I was struck at the very different feel of Natal. And that sense is strongest away from the touristy centres. Even a trip to the mall or a short bus ride brings it out. People look very different here to other parts of Brazil and their attitude is different - one of the real pleasures of travelling in Brazil, as I have discovered, is the idea of the preservation of very distinct cultures. And the people of Rio Grande do Norte are largely charming.

Comments