Serantes Apart Hotel

R. Silvino Meira Sa Bezerra, 130, Praia de Ponta Negra, Natal, State of Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Serantes Apart Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Natal

apes: saguiapes: sagui

Aeral view of Natal with the Moro do CarecaAeral view of Natal with the Moro do Careca

Hot ShoppingHot Shopping

STREET RESTAURANTSTREET RESTAURANT

travel in june

by verrowe

My husband and I are travelling to Recife on 1st June. We intend to spend about a week in recife before moving on to Joao Pessoa for a few days and then Natal for a few more days before returning to Recife on the 20th to fly home. We are considering buying a property in one of these areas or possibly in a village or town nearby. We would like to know which areas to avoid, which are good areas and can anyone recommend a good agent.
We hope to hire a car. we are English but have lived in Spain for three years where the standard of driving is attrocious so are used to unpredictable driving. Is Brazilian driving worse? Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel in any of these towns or areas. Also some advice on what to do in these areas while we are there would be appreciated.

RE: travel in june

by cachaseiro

brazilian drivers are way worse than the spanish.
in my opinion the craziest in the world.

be aware that very few people speak english in north east brazil and learning some portugese is a must if you want to live there and have a good time.

one nice little beach town in the area is jacuma just south of joao pessoa.
it´s not that touristy yet either.

RE: travel in june

by pbtest

Hi there

Yes Brazilian driving is worse, although I drive there when I visit.
As to cheap hotels, it depends what you are looking for, as there are pousadas, similar to B&B, which are cheaper than hotels.
Either way you can normally find a hotel or pousada on arrival.
As to hiring a car, take your driving licence if it is a UK one you may need it translating by a notiary. By the way do not drive in flip-flops, my first day driving, got caught, and Reais changed hands.
As to what to do in these places,you will find plenty, it just depends what your interests are.
As you will only have a few days in Joao Pessoa and Natal, then it does not give you much time to look for property. I did not use an agent for the purchse of my property in Natal, so I could not recommend an agent, just be careful. Also the price to a gringo, normally increases. Prices on the internet are also high.
It depends what you are looking for, and how much you want to spend.
If you want more information, just let me know. I could be in Natal myself by June.

Travel Tips for Natal

Pack Lite - The "All You Need" List

by madvex

I made this list because I could not find one before I left. Everyone said the same thing " clothing here is all beach wear". Well I didn;t belive it, so I brought some dress clothes too. I'm glad I did, cause I did use them - but, but no means every day. Basically beachwear goes everwhere in Natal and you don't need to bring too much. So here's my list.. I hope it helps you!!

Luggage:
A Single Carry-on for the trip there
A second Carry-ons for the trip back (for presents). Buy your seond bag in Brazil, they're cheap!

Check Nothing! For 10 days I found the following to be sufficient:

1 pr. dress shoes
1 pr. jeans
1 pr. dress pants
2 prs. sunglasses

There's not much need to dress up in Natal so, one nice outfit will cover you. The rest should be light beach clothes - it's HOT!
Also, you can get your clothes washed at any hotel/pousada - so pack light. extra contact lenses (if you wear such)
saline soultion
hair gel
advil/tylenol
some bandages/band-aids
cold pack
plastic bags (pack toiletries in plastic in case they explode during flight) digital camera
extra battery or voltage converter for charger
extra memory (if you need it)
camera case phase book (if you don't speak portuguese)
english/port - port/english dictionary
copy of passport
local consulate/embassy information
travelers checks

Genipabu

by madvex

North of the Fortaleza, you must place your car on a balsa (boat) for 6R$ to cross the inlet. The boat holds about 30 cars and comes every 20 minutes. While you wait there is a shop where you can get another beer (always need beer) and wait for the boat to arrive.

After crossing the Inlet you arrive in a small fising village (eat here for a real taste of brazil), then keep going north through Santa Rita and onto Genipabu.

Genipabu is THE place for dunes in Natal. They are HUGE! The area also offers great vistas of the ocean and more beaches to play and relax on.

Most people rent buggys or tours to come here, I drove there myself and therefore was free to to do and see whatever I wanted. If you park and walk the dunes it's quite tiring.. but worth it, for once at the top there are camels you can tour the dunes on - one person per side for 20R$ each (or 7+$ USD) or you can go Ski-Bunda (ski on your ass)! This was really cool - rent a prancha (board) for 5R$ and ride down the dunes on your butt - Sure you get sand in yer crack - but what's vacation for ?? :-) LOL.

At the bottom of the dunes, right on the ocean is a nice bar/restaurant where the music is good and the ppl. are very friendly.. stop in and have another beer (always necessary) - expecially when they are 30 cents USD. :)

Then, stay here for the wonderful sunset over the basin from the top of the dunes. It was the most beautiful sunset I saw in Natal. Unfortunately for me, my camera battery died right as I was going to take the best picture of the trip - but I still have the image in my mind!

Aquarela do Brasil

Ó Brasil, do meu amor
Terra de Nosso Senhor
Brasil! Brasil!
Pra mim, pra mim
O esse coqueiro que dá côco
Oi, onde amarro a minha rede
Nas noites claras de luar
Brasil!

"Genipabu"

Natal é famosa pelas suas lindas praias, pontos turísticos, lagoas, dunas, óptimo clima e ar puro.

Comments