Intercity Premium

InterCity Premium Caxias do Sul
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Caxias do Sul

on the way to Caxias from Porto Alegre, Brazilon the way to Caxias from Porto Alegre, Brazil

Canyons near Cambara do Sul , BrazilCanyons near Cambara do Sul , Brazil

Canyons near Cambara do Sul , BrazilCanyons near Cambara do Sul , Brazil

Winning Dentist, Caxias, Southern BrazilWinning Dentist, Caxias, Southern Brazil

Travel Tips for Caxias do Sul

Italian presence in Caxias, Brazil

by jumpingnorman

The Italian immigrants were mostly farmers from northern Italy and migration started taking place in 1875 in Nova Milano. The town of Caxias was created on July 20, 1890 and acknowledged in the same year, on August 24.

Nowadays, Caxias do Sul is considered the center of the Italian presence in Southern Brazil ---developing profitable industries, vast vineyards and wineries.

Jumping with Friends in Caxias, Brazil

by jumpingnorman

"Maria gave me her beautiful painting!"

This is my best friend's Mom (Maria) who loves art and paints wonderful flower paintings. When I first met her in 2000, she had a nice shop selling items for making clothes... Five years later, we met again and she had concentrated more time in art, producing some very nice paintings!

"My Best Friends, Daniel and Mauren"

I've known Daniel from our adventures in Kansas City (1998) as we were both studying our medical specialty - and we did drive a lot (cross-country through Oklahoma City, Aspen in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona...), using my reliable Honda Accord at the time (we did get caught speeding at 100 miles/hour! Yikes! I was behind the wheel...what can I say -- the car was going down a hill...).

And I first met his gorgeous physician girlfriend, Mauren, at the Brazilian airport of Porto Alegre. They are very nice people and I am proud to be their friend!

Daniel (again) and Mauren flew to Arizona in December 2008 and joined us in greeting 2009...the twins LOVE them and want to go back to Brazil with them--- Both are also avid travellers and I have to talk them into becoming members of Virtual Tourist, but they are both so busy in their medical practices!

"Tomas"

Our friend, Tomas, is a very good businessman and we are proud of his accomplishments (he just started another one in 2008!).

Daniel went all over Europe in the 1990s with Tomas and another friend, Joao for several weeks/months...

Tomas tied the knot just recently...hopefully, I will meet his wife someday...

"Mauren, BEAUTY AND BRAINS"

Mauren, also a doctor, is very intelligent (far more intelligent than either Daniel or me...hehehehe) and she even won a trip to the USA because of her work at medical school! She has started her own Dermatilogy Clinic and clients book with her several months before because she is good at what she does....I am getting Botox shots (on my butt) soon, hehehe....

"A very nice portrait of Daniel's mom, Maria"

Leo, Daniel's brother, just finished Dentistry when this picture was taken in 2005 - and he also got a "check" as prize for his winning research! Very smart guy, indeed! He just got engaged in 2008 (to a pretty dentist just like my wife)!

With us is Daniel's Dad, another doctor, who is doing so well after heart transplantation. Renito is a very good father to three sons --- all his kids successful in their chosen fields.

Although there are so many good doctors in Brazil in so many fields/specialities, the country is best known for its ubiquitous plastic surgeries.

"A view of Caxias from my friend's house"

Caxias is a beautiful city and its real treasure is its people - warm and hospitable and a delight to be with!

Comments