Rua Villas Boas 440, Arraial do Cabo, State of Rio de Janeiro, 28930000, Brazil
Expedia.com Booking.com Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Arraial do Cabo

Praia do Pontal do AtalaiaPraia do Pontal do Atalaia

Me!!! always me! heheMe!!! always me! hehe

Arraial do CaboArraial do Cabo

Goin' down to Atalaia's beachGoin' down to Atalaia's beach

Travel Tips for Arraial do Cabo

A BIT HISTORY

by janaina

The formely Cabo Frio District comprised Cabo Frio(the most populous town),Buzius(the wealthy ,sophisticated resort) and Arraial
(which has since become independent politically and economically,beacause of its salt industry).
According to Marcio Verneck,a local historian,Cabo Frio was inhabitated at least 5500 years ago.
Before the Portugueses arrived,the warring Tamoio and Goitacazes tribes lived here.
In 1503 Portugueses,under the command of Americo Vespucio,landed at PRAIA DOS ANJOS,in Arraial.
Twenty four men were left behind,to build a new settlement.
Fantastic reports about this community were the model for Thomas More's "UTOPIA"!

Arraial do Cabo

by luwan

"Wonderful"

My last visit: october 2003
I've ever been there twice, the first one was on january 2003

It is known justly as Arraial.
Unforgetable!!!

"Praia Brava"

Praia Brava (Angry beach) is the name that place where you see me pushing the hard big stone up hahahahahahaha...so wonderful! you need to know it...
Do u think that I got it up?...Hopefully u believe me...hehe

CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE

"Another view of Arraial"

Do I need to say anything?! hehe

CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE

My second house

by hmoitta

My family has a house in Arraial since 1982 and before that we rented a house there in the seventies.
It's the kind of place I go to stay with my family and friends in weekends and one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
The city is about 170km from Rio and is an excellent place to eat seafood as it used to be a traditional fisherman village.

Arraial do Cabo

by ssm10

It's located about 180 km north from Rio. It's considered one of the best places for diving in Brazil.
There is a salty industry installed there and because of the word "industry", many people just avoid this city. Wrong decision. I love it and invit e you to visit it. Wonderfull beaches. See photos.

THE FIRST TIME DIVER

by janaina

1.THE BOAT:we met the divemaster and took the boat together with him and more 2 guys who were listed for diving as well.
Seemed that he was not worry,you know.."me??of course not!!".
I was the responsable for documenting this memorable day!!
Carlinhos gave the guys a short explanation about the dive point,what they could see,the signs under the water,etc..

Oops,do I have to dress all this stuff??
Yes,if you want to be back!!hehe

Waiting to get to the dive point

Hey,what about this place??

Ok,here we go!!

1,2,3....JUMP!!

See ya!!

And he was back,after 55 minutes and spoke about his experiences till last time I talked to him!!(about a week ago)
No regrets!!