Travel Inn Colibri

Beautiful Ilha GrandeBeautiful Ilha Grande

SiestaSiesta

Restaurante Tropical IslandsRestaurante Tropical Islands

Saviero TourSaviero Tour

Can someone recommend me how long to stay in Ilha Grande, how much it costs to get there, and hostel

by lizfairy

Yep can someone please recommend me a nice hostel?

Re: Can someone rec me how long to stay in Ilha Grande, how much it cost to get there, and hostel

by Odinnthor

Hi there. If we don't know where you are coming from, how can we tell you how much it is to get there...?....d:o)

re:

by lizfairy

sorry, Rio de janeiro
and afterward moving on to Paraty ( i don't know the cost of that either)

Re: Can someone

by bahiana77

This should help:

Re: Can someone recommend me how long to stay in Ilha Grande, how much it costs to get there, and ho

by Flieder

To see the most important places you should stay at least 4 days, but some people get stuck because it's beautiful and very difficult to leave the island.
You have several hostels, outstanding because of their location are at the beach: Che Lagarto, and in the green there is the Hostel Holandes and Sitio do Buriti.
Good luck

Accomodation in Ilha Grande, transfer, boat, hiking,

by ERIC78

I have found yours answers on http://www.ilhagrande.fr
Good luck

Travel Tips for Ilha Grande

Tourist Information

by JohnniOmani

Right along side the Abraao pier, this booth has brochures and maps of the island, staff can also call around in case you need additional information. They can book just about anything you need on the island and the staff is really friendly.

ONE STOP IN THE CONTINENT

by RafaelTheSecond

We all know that Ilha Grande is an island!!! You will have to go to the south of Rio and arrive in one of the two cities...Mangaratiba which is closer to Rio, you will spend about 2 hours to get there, sometimes less than two hours; and the other port is a little bit more distant, a city called Angra dos Reis.

From Mangaratiba there is a nice possibility for you to get to the island as soon as possible. The Ferry boat leaves at 8:00 am.

YOU WILL HAVE TO LEAVE RIO VERY EARLY!!! And I am talking about 5:00 am!!!!

But if you get to Mangaratiba with more time, it is also a nice place for you to see the beaches and some natural attractions.

THICK GREEN FORESTS

by marcbrazil

Ilha Grande has countless forest full of life, different birds, monkeys, wild cats, different butterflies and all kind of insects, and SNAKES too, but they areall part of the nature and keeps life so bewildering in the island!!!

Being there you will feel like the first european explorers for sure!

The picture was taken close to Feiticeira beach It is so fascinating to explore such a wonderful island like Ilha Grande specially when you do have special freinds with you!!!

Getting to know my country is my great privilege!

Sacrifice and prize..

by anabelsousa

The first hike we did was to Dois Rios... we went with local friends.... which are acostummed to walk in that jungles....
We walk for 2 hours and a half......between bambus....up to the "morro" and only the last 30 min were falling down... but..... we get the most interesting place in the Ilha, cause there stood the abbandoned prison....(The Island in the before 1993 was used to get prisoners....) Besides this, the place is specialy amazing, because it has a river next to the sea....with a beautiful scenery all around.... is difficult explain it.... Please try to carry with you a lantern , cause we back at 5:30 and was dark....and monkeys, spiders, snakes, are all around....I was scared to death.....only the moon and glow-worms brighted lighting our way...
Consider the time and your personal phisical state, cause if you go walking, there's no boats can brings you back..

These are a few of my favorite things...

by dharmabum222

Ilha Grande is the only place in the world that I have visited where you actually foget that there are places where it snows, or where cars sit bumper to bumper waiting to exit the parkway. Everytime that I imagine being back on the beach at Vila do Abraao I have an immense feeling of affection and nostalgia for this beautiful place. I dream of returning to this place where the island itself has it's own energy and personality and to pet one of the dogs that live in it's arms. One of my fondest memories of Ilha Grande was waking up the first morning and looking out over the balcony at our pousada over the water glimmering in the sun and the excitement of knowing that I was starting what would be one of the most beautiful days of my life.

Comments