Pousada Bambu Bamboo

anacapa's Profile Photo

Gracious Luxuriousness!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 29, 2008

This was my splurge. I read other reviews and thought I'd check this out for myself. I just forgot one thing, a man! This is a very romantic spot in a picturesque town. It is a perfect honeymoon spot. The grounds are lovely. The rooms are cool and clean and very nicely appointed. This is a truly lovely, romantic, elegant, dreamy place.

One thing, while it is within walking distance to town, at night, being on my own, I'd take a taxi home. I didn't care for the distance this was to town. I arrived tired and hungry in the early evening. I wasn't looking forward to the additional orientation and walk into town. The walk into town is quite lovely. After getting orientated I didn't mind the distance, and you see a little more of the town outside the historic core.

My one problem was getting hot water out of the shower. One reason why I splurged was for a decent shower. I learned that one can't turn on the water full blast. One needs to turn on the water at a certain low, but not to low, force, listen for the local water heater to turn on in the wall and then your good to go. Both mornings I needed help turning on my shower - another reason why I needed to bring a man with me!!

Unique Quality: Gorgeous grounds, pool, full spa, lovely main meeting room, internet access.

Directions: You'll have to call for directions. It's a R$15 taxi ride from the bus station. Getting to the historic town from here is also a R$15 taxi ride.

Nearby Pousada Bambu Bamboo

Pousada Bambu Bamboo

• Pousada Bambu Bamboo Paraty
  • Pousada Bambu Bamboo Hotel Paraty

Address: Rua Glauber Rocha, no. 9, Portal das Artes, Paraty, State of Rio de Janeiro, 23.970-000, Brazil

10 Photos of Pousada Bambu Bamboo

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Parati Travel Forum

Need advice about Parati, Brazil? Visit the Travel Forum for Parati and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Parati hotel reviews