Pousada Bambu Bamboo

Rua Glauber Rocha, no. 9, Portal das Artes, Paraty, State of Rio de Janeiro, 23.970-000, Brazil

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• anacapa's Profile Photo

Gracious Luxuriousness!

This was my splurge. I read other reviews and thought I'd check this out for myself. I just forgot one thing, a man! This is a very romantic spot in a picturesque town. It is a perfect honeymoon spot. The grounds are lovely. The rooms are cool and clean and very nicely appointed. This is a truly lovely, romantic, elegant, dreamy place.

One thing, while it is within walking distance to town, at night, being on my own, I'd take a taxi home. I didn't care for the distance this was to town. I arrived tired and hungry in the early evening. I wasn't looking forward to the additional orientation and walk into town. The walk into town is quite lovely. After getting orientated I didn't mind the distance, and you see a little more of the town outside the historic core.

My one problem was getting hot water out of the shower. One reason why I splurged was for a decent shower. I learned that one can't turn on the water full blast. One needs to turn on the water at a certain low, but not to low, force, listen for the local water heater to turn on in the wall and then your good to go. Both mornings I needed help turning on my shower - another reason why I needed to bring a man with me!!

Unique Quality: Gorgeous grounds, pool, full spa, lovely main meeting room, internet access.

Directions: You'll have to call for directions. It's a R$15 taxi ride from the bus station. Getting to the historic town from here is also a R$15 taxi ride.

More about Pousada Bambu Bamboo

The hippest Pousada in Brazil!

by TripAdvisor Member soon2batravellergirl

After our long trip we arrived at Bambu Bamboo exhausted, instead of the normal strict check in procedure, 'fill in this form, passport etc', it was 'would you like to take a seat in the lounge, can I get you a drink?' soon I was served an amazing pot of English tea, and my husband had a cold beer!

After being shown to our room, we jumped in the pool to cool off and asked what the dinner options were nearby, for the most simple the Pizzeria next door was excellent, I wanted pineapple on my pizza, Ben said that he didn't think they had pineapple but would take some from their kitchen around to the pizza place to put on my pizza! - what service is that?!!

We had only booked for a couple of nights but immediately extended it for as long as we could before heading up to Rio for the Carnaval.

It just got better and better and we couldn't bear to leave, the breakfasts were divine, the selection of fruit was amazing and the papaya so ripe.

It was so relaxing and both Ben and Neto couldn't do enough to make sure we were having a good time

Would definitely recommend this place 100%, yes it is a little way from the old town, but the taxi's are so cheap and readily available that it isn't a problem, and it is nice to be away from the action and noise when you want to relax by the pool or sleep in.

In 18 months of traveling around the world Bambu Bamboo and Ben and Neto stands out as being the most welcoming that we have experienced.

Thank you so much Ben & Neto and Lady and Rascal too (the dogs!).

Nadine & Andy xx

Little bit of paradise

by TripAdvisor Member Abz1963

I just spent three nights here with my wife and two daughters. It was a very peaceful romantic place, a little bit of paradise.
The owner was very helpful. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable. The four of us stayed in a loft suite. The pool area was beautiful, and excellent for relaxing at in the early evening.
The pousada is a little bit out of town, but having stayed in the town previously I would say this is one of it's main advantages, It doesn't suffer from a lot of noise and you don't have to struggle through the cobbled streets of Paraty with your bags. It was only R$10 for a taxi and Ben the owner took us to the bus station and ran us into town whenever he was free.

Believe the reviews!

by TripAdvisor Member paulamack

It's true. Everything about this place is fantastic. No, it's not a 6* swanky impersonal gold-plated marbled-floored palace of a hotel with hot and cold running bell boys and an in-house movie theatre. You won't find that anywhere in Paraty, and if that's your style, best stick to Sao Paolo or find an Aman resort.

Bambu Bamboo is simple, stylish, warm, inviting and gentle on the eye. Its hosts have taken so much time and thought about how to make this the place that they'd like to stay in - and it shows. We didn't get to meet Neto, sadly, but Ben was just fantastic - he went totally out of his way to help us time and again. A truly excellent host.

Paraty is as beautiful and unusual as all the guide books say it is, and this pousada is the real gem, nestled quietly by the river, away from all the town's madness but close enough to amble to. As we left, the breakfast kitchen was being moved to a building at the end of the garden, so the next lucky guests will be able to eat their fabulous and extensive breakfast sitting watching the river flow by. And the next project is a spa area - which will make the place even more special.

We had a brilliant few days there - go, you'll love it too. And, if you ask really nicely, Ben might even show you some of the local hotspots as he did us. But if he does, prepare yourself for a late night and a monumental hangover.

You must stay here

by TripAdvisor Member LKGroves

•I cannot recommend this Pousada enough. One of the owners (Ben) was helpful on giving us tips on travel in Brazil in general before we even got to Parati.
•Netto (the other owner) couldn’t have been a better host with the right balance of chatting to guests over breakfast…to giving us advice, and making sure home made cake/coffee were available to us whenever we wanted.
•The accommodation is stunning in terms of both location and finish. Each bungalow is simple, but stylish with unique pieces of art by local artists. Our bungalow had a lovely little terrace which caught the morning sun.
•Breakfast was delicious. A fantastic array of fruits, home-made cakes, cereals, breads, freshly squeezed juices. All can be enjoyed on the terrace at the bottom of the garden, overlooking the river and looking onto mountains, with music playing in the background.
•They are in the process of putting the finishing touches to a spa so this place is only going to get better!
•Book now!

A tiny bit of Heaven on Earth

by TripAdvisor Member xavitat

We visited Paraty in December 06 and never got 'round to recommend this wonderful Pousada, shame on us!!. After a rather sressful stay in Rio, there could not have been a better place to spend a few marvellous days. Owners Ben and Netto made a huge impression on us with their superb hospitality and helpfulness. The Pousada itself was an absolute dream and the staff were all very nice to us, despite the language barrier (we were hopeless at speaking Portuguese!). We loved the pool at night and the best breakfast we've ever had, and we thoroughly enjoyed our chats with Ben and Netto, the perfect hosts. We certainly found it very hard to leave at the end of our stay!.

great 'boutique' pousada

a truly amazing stay.
TOP NODS:
1. great service. both owners [neto and ben] as well as the staff were amazingly helpful and service oriented. it almost felt like staying with good old friends.
2. the rooms, the building and the landscaping are quite beautiful and lush. zen-like and minimal-asian meets brazilian style.
3. fantastic pool, (rarely busy) and just great to lay around in the afternoon while sipping caipirihnas.
ONLY ONE DRAW: the hotel is away from the town. about a 15 minute walk. this is actually a good thing although a bit of a 'welcome' inconvenience. but it is nothing that a quick cab ride or even a lift from neto or ben cant overcome. it is nice to stay a little away from the hustle of the town... which makes bamboo bambu a peaceful little oasis.
cant wait to return... and see the new spa and hollistic center

A class above the rest

by TripAdvisor Member Follies

We stayed here for one night two weeks ago after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. Without a doubt, one of the best Pousadas we have stayed at in Brazil (and we've stayed in many). Simple yet excellent rooms, very casual atmosphere (no checkin documents), outstanding breakfast location on patio overlooking the river, and excellent hosts/owners Ben (fellow Brit) and Neto (Brazilian). Highly recommended

the reviews are true!!

by TripAdvisor Member famBlomme

Me and my father stayed 2 nights in Bambu Bamboo Pousada last week. It really was an amazing place! Neto and Ben make you feel at home and they help you with anything you ask! Although the weather wasn't very good, we had some fantastic days in Paraty!! It's located in a very safe area just outside the historical centre of Parati (20 minutes on foot)! The rooms were very clean and beautiful. The breakfast includes some typical Brazilian sweets and fruit juices!

We would definitely stay there again!

Comments