Apa Hotel

Rua Republica do Peru 305, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, 22021, Brazil
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Rio de Janeiro

New Years at Copacabana BeachNew Years at Copacabana Beach

Barra BeachBarra Beach

General OsórioGeneral Osório

The white façade of Copacabana PalaceThe white façade of Copacabana Palace

by Dimez

I've got a question about hanggliding in Rio de Janeiro.
I am seeing forward to do a tandemflight with an instructor, but now i've got a problem.

I want to give it to my girlfriend as a birthday gift, but her shoulder dislocated three weeks ago and she still may not use it, but she can move it but she cannot deal with high forces on her arm/shoulder.
Is it possible to hangglide so that she holds the bar with one arm, or will there be a high force or pressure on both arms during the flight?

by kiwi

You need to contact the hangliding organisation as they may not be happy to take someone with this injury. At least they are the ones who need to advise you. The tandem master takes most of the pressure, but nevertheless there is always a risk of further injury.

Re: Hanggliding in Rio, Sao Conrado

by Odinnthor

I agree. You do not say just how far into the future you intend for her to fly, but having done some hang gliding myself, I would be surprised if they let her fly if it goes against doctor's orders. At the very least they will make her sign a waiver, in case of an aggrivation of the injury, in which case you/she will be left holding the bag so to speak.

If you do still intend to go ahead, speak to the doctor, and if he thinks it is OK, get a note from him saying so. Do not keep this from the tandem instructor. If he is not aware, and there is a loss of needed strength in her shoulder, it may interfer with the flight itself. An informed traveller is a successful traveller. Good luck.

Re: Hanggliding in Rio, Sao Conrado

by Dimez

I did already hangglide without a doctors advice. I did also hangglide myself and there was no pressure or whatsoever. The flight instructor managed a right handed instructor so her bad shoulder didnt do anything during the flight. The only disadvantage was the fact that she could not steer by her own for a while, while I had to do that and that was amazing. The only important point was that she could run and hang.

by kiwi

Great stuff, so the instructor knew about your gf's shoulder and compensated?

Travel Tips for Rio de Janeiro

Apartment Rentals for your Vacation in Rio.

by fastblaster

I saved a lot of money by renting an apartment on my trip to Rio. I guess about 60 reals a day x 10 days or about 600 reals. I love saving money. The savings, more or less, paid for my meals for the entire stay in Rio. The people.

There He is again!

by morgane1692

On our walk up and down Ipanema that late afternoon, we made many observations and memories...not the least of which was when we noticed the everpresent Christ the Redeemer on his Corcovado mountaintop, off in the distance, btwn these two hotels. We were being watched. All was well. Hehehehehe.

A MAN IN LOVE WITH RIO :))))

by RafaelTheSecond

John Paul, he organized that trip to rio de Janeiro, he provided fun for this special event, being in Rio with his wife and great friends!;)

By his face you can see how happy he is in Brazil!

And from the balcony of our city I took this marvelous pictures where you can see the famous Sugar Loaf and the ocean beaches of Niteroi as well as the busy neighborhood of Botafogo! It was a quick visit to the Corcovado, it was a must for my maltese friends, and they saw the famous Rio's landmark, The Cristo Redentor!

August 14th, 2005

Tip top shape

by chris_i79

Personal appearance and fittness in Rio seem to have a lot of importance. This is evident by the many exercise stations located on the beach and the amount of people that always seem to be using them.

RAFAEL AND THE CHILDREN

by RafaelTheSecond

They are simple people, they are just curious and we are open to everyone. The smile of the children has a deep truth, and Elton, my friend from New York and I were very happy to meet so many special people.

Comments