Arpoador Beach House

Rua Bulhoes de Carvalho, 470, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, 22081000, Brazil

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Rio de Janeiro

Floresta da Tijuca trailFloresta da Tijuca trail

Rio metroRio metro

Biblioteca NacionalBiblioteca Nacional

ViaSete by nightViaSete by night

Tours to Iguacu falls from Rio de Janeiro

by geof3700

Is it possible to travel to Iguacu falls from Rio? I am in Rio for only 3 days at the end of March so I do not have much time. Is it possible to take an early flight followed by a day tour and then get the last plane plane back or will I need to book a hotel in Iguaco. If it is possible do you have any suggestions for a reputable tour company to organise the tour for me? The last time we were in Copacabana we used a small tour agent located on the Princesa Isabel street, between the Tabema De Leme and Traiteurs De France, on the opposite side of the road. They were very good but I have lost their name, address and contact details.

Best wishes from Geo

by robine

With so little time to play with, I'd leave Foz until the next visit. You do need to spend at least one night there. Boa viagem!

by bahiana77

Excellent advice from Robine, as usual.

by marianalinhares

Well, if you organize all your time you can. You want to go only for the brazilian falls? If yes you can also visit the bird park and Itaipu in the same day. But if you want to go to the argentinian falls, there's too much things to do, so you spend all the day there.

To help you with the trip in Iguassu there's an hostel called Klein Hostel (http://www.kleinhostel.com/), who can help you with it and if you need you can stay there, it costs something like $30 per day and that's like your home. I really loved that place. But talking about air tickets I guess that you gotta do this in Rio, so I don't know how to help you, here's some great online agencies with promotions of air tickets, but it's in portuguese language: http://www.submarinoviagens.com.br/ and http://viagens.americanas.com.br/

Travel Tips for Rio de Janeiro

Smiling faces at the...

by AndreasK

Smiling faces at the Copacabana beach. The beaches in Rio de Janeiro are always full of local people and tourists. Almost everyone practice some sort of sports, like swimming, surfing, playing football or volleyball at the beach, jogging, sunbathing or simply meeting some friends. The beaches are Rio‘s 'center' of social activity.

AIR RACE IN RIO

by marcbrazil

I was lucky to be in Rio in April 20th, 2007 that a very important air craft competition took place in Rio de Janeiro. My friend Rafael knows everything about the city, and he recommended me to join him and his mother to the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain where we could see the whole competition and also avoid the crowd in the beach of Botafogo!

The first hill of Urca was packed but not as much as the rest of the population who was lying on the beach and Flamengo's Park.

Rafael had the daft idea to reach the abyss and seat over there to have a privilege view, and guess what? I am afraid of hight!!! BUT HE CONVINCED ME!!!

That was me trying to go down the wall to the rock....

WHEN THE OCEAN IS TOUGH

by RafaelTheSecond

If you like surfing, just do like these kids...they get to the FORTE DE COPACABANA and take the trails to Praia do Diabo. Then you will see what is in between Copacabana and Arpoador...beautiful landscapes, beautiful and huge waves beating the rocks...and crazy CARIOCAS trying to get the best waves.

I was there today and I could take some pictures!!!!

YES...RIO CAN BE A GOOD DESTINATION FOR SURF!!!!

Indeed Rio is part of the World Championships and the brazilians are part of the Planet's Surfing Elite!

MAR 13TH 2008

Carnaval: What to bring

by Willettsworld

Here's what I would bring to the Carnaval:

1. Food and drink is allowed in so bring what you want. There are guys that come round with all kinds of things for you to buy from drinks to burgers.
2. Take an umbrella and a light coat as it might rain during the night and you'll be wet for a long time if you don't.
3. Take a camera/camcorder. It's safe inside the Sambadrome as you'll probably be sitting next to tourists as the ticket prices are too high for some of the poorer locals. Take care outside as it's very crowded and there's all sorts of people around. I walked out at about 3am and the area was packed and I didn't like it that much when I was carrying my rucksack around back to the metro station.
4. Bring a cushion as the 'seats' are actually concrete steps and you'll have to sit on them for hours. Again, there are people selling these in case you forget.
5. Bring so info along about the samba schools to read during the breaks. You will probably receive a booklet when you get your tickets so take this with you to pass the time.

Sth on shouting drinks

by Groentje

As opposed to Belgium, people are not really used to others shouting them drinks. When I was out with my Brazilian friend and some of her friends, I shouted them a drink. Hey, I was in a good mood, I was thankful for them accompanying me, ... They looked at me in a way I cannot really describe that well. It was a mix between:
a) how dare you treat me a drink! I'm not poor you know!
b) wow, you must be the richest man on earth!
c) you are so generous! This is the best thing that has ever happened to me!
Just tell people that you're enjoying yourself and you should be okay, though...

Comments