CabanaCopa Hostel

Travessa Guimaraes, 12, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, 22021-100, Brazil
Booking.com Official Site Expedia.com

More about Rio de Janeiro

location maplocation map

Rio metro stationRio metro station

Museu Nacional de Belas ArtesMuseu Nacional de Belas Artes

ViaSete by dayViaSete by day

First time in rio with baby- cab or driver from airport at night?

by nirdvorai

Hi,
We will land in Rio GIG airport at about 22:00. We traveling with an infant.
Our hotel is located at Santa Teresa.

As to our hotel manger we can choose to take a cab from airport at about 80 Brazil Real, or to order a driver from the hotel at 110 Brazil Real.

I would like to read some of your advice regarding my issue.

Nir.

by bahiana77

Nir, with a baby and at that hour, and after going through all the passport control and customs process, I would want to get off the plane knowing that I had something already arranged, a guy standing there with my name on a sign, ready to whisk me away to a bed for the baby and me and my partner, someone who knows exactly the address where I would be staying. Yes, you can probably arrange something at the pre-paid taxi booths, but the difference stated seems minimal. After all, staying in Santa Teresa, a more isolated and gentrifying neighborhood than the beach neighborhoods (Ipanema, Arpoador, Copacabana), you are probably going to spend such a lot on taxis anyway, so R$30 isn't much to think about.

by Looseebee

Hi, I agree- getting a taxi can be a bit of a hassle, so having a pre-booked driver waiting for you will be well worth the extra money. Where are you staying in Santa? I live there so let me know if you need any advice! In the meantime, there is some good info on Santa here: http://www.nileguide.com/destination/rio-de-janeiro/neighborhood/santa-teresa-1013

by nirdvorai

Thank bahiana77 & looseebee.
I will take your advice.

looseebee- we will stay at mai tres.
We are very interesting in local food and typical restaurants.
Can you recommend for such foodies in the area?

Thanks.
Nir

by robine

Sorry, I disagree. There are several entirely reliable taxi outfits just outside Customs which will charge you around Rs$75-80 (payable by credit card). Why pay more?

by ZezinhodaRocinha

Nir, are you the same person who contacted me by email?
Enjoy your trip to Brazil (Rio). I will be seeing you soon..

~Zezinho

Travel Tips for Rio de Janeiro

Best way to see Rio is by...

by AGHIOS

Best way to see Rio is by helicopter,hired one for a half a day cost about $500. Local currency is the Cruzeiro Real, but I have no idea of the exchange rates.The Christ statue is situated on Corcovado mountain and you can go up by car or there is a train that goes most of the way. We found it best by car as there is the Tijuca National Park half way up where you can stop and have lunch.

SOME WILD ANIMALS THAT YOU CAN SEE IN NITEROI

by RafaelTheSecond

This time I was luck, I was walking in the huge rock of Itacoatiara where I sually show the beach to my friends and suddenly I came across with that young curious lady!;)

She allowed me to be quite close and take a nice shot and show to the world that the Nature is always present wherever you go in Niteroi! Yes, surely being in Niteroi is a pleasure where I love sharing with good people!

TO SEND A POST CARD

by RafaelTheSecond

I would say that the brazilian post office is reliable!!! It is the most modern in South America and if you stay in Copacabana area you will noticed that the neighborhood is very well served. The main avenue NOSSA SENHORA DE COPACABANA has around 4 or 6 branches, but the agency with less lines is right in the end of the beach, in an area that we call POSTO SEIS.

And in every newspaper stand you can find lovely post cards to send to your dear ones!

That branch is right located in the corner of RUA RAINHA ELIZABETH AND NOSSA SENHORA DE COPACABANA.

Can get pants hemmed within a day

by ScubaBrz

Most of the pants were too long for me, but, they immediately offered to hem them. Usually, they do it in the store.
If not, they will know a business (usually next door or on the same block) that will hem your pants for a small fee. Not expensive at all.
Make sure you bring the shoes you'll be wearing with them or tell them that you're going to have them hemmed at a different height.
They're very quick and efficient and do a great job.

RALPH AND THE DRAGON FLY

by RafaelTheSecond

This great afternoon when I took my friend Ralph from San Francisco to the unknown Parque da Cidade I took this great picture of our landscapes, and by accident I caught a dragon fly in the air!

Let me know if you see it!;)

March 9th, 2005