Hotel Portinari

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Rua Francisco Sa 17, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, 22080-010, Brazil

Rio Design Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Weekends

I stayed here for a weekend in April. It claims to be a design hotel and it was a bit different to your average Rio hotel. The furnishings were very smart . I booked a standard room but was upgraded to a junior suite. It was small for what I would call a suite but still very nice, had a DVD player and a nice TV.
    I got the room at a weekend rate ( pacote de fim de semana), 2 nights B&B for R$215 + taxes. A considerable saving on the rack rate of R$900 per night for the same room.

More about Hotel Portinari

Hotels In Rio

by Pacha77

Hi all, I will be going to Rio in August for 2 days and looking to stay in a nice hotel close to copacabana. So far I like Hotel Portinari. Has anyone ever been there?

I am looking to spend between 200-270reais per night, does anyone have any suggestions to nice hotels in this price range?

Also last time I was in Rio I ended going to a club close to the Hard rock cafe, If i remember well it was accross the the main street, it was really nice..does anyone know the name of that area?

Thanks all for your help!

by dargains

try the excelsion Hotel, i think you get a room with a view to the ocena for 100 U$

Re: Re: Hotels In Rio

by Pacha77

Because I would like to visit copa, I was there before a while back and thought it was great..I enjoy both ipannema and copa but I have a friend that would like to stay in Copacaban.

by Riolover

For this kind of money you can stay in a very comfortable apartment in a top area,
instead in a hotel room
I rented apartment from this people and i just had the best time of my life in Rio
They help you with anything possible
www.riocondo.com

Re: Re: Hotels In Rio

by mangueirense

Hi,

as you mentioned the Rio Hard Rock Cafe in Rio, here's the adress for you...
Shopping Cittá America - Av. das Américas, 700 - Barra da Tijuca - Rio de Janeiro, RJ - CEP: 22640-100

Tel:(21) 2132-8000 | Fax: (21) 2132-8300

Webpage:

I just do not know which of the clubs you have been, ....but I am sure like this you will find it back, right??
Ah, about the hotels in Copacabana: Please look at my Virtuaaltourist page, I have some nice hotels in Copacabana area on my accomodations advices on my Rio page!

If you have further questions, you can also contact me by VT mail, ok??

Greetings
Evelyn

by Flavs

Keep with the Portinari Hotel. It is a brand new hotel, signed by some of the best brazilian designers and it is very close to Copacabana beach (like 50 meters far) and also on a walking distance from Ipanema. The rates are good and you can book online through www.hotelportinari.com.br (there is an english version for this site).
Best,