Promenade Paradiso

Avenida das Americas 487, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of RJ, 22631-000, Brazil
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Rio de Janeiro

outside shot between GIG and Petrópolisoutside shot between GIG and Petrópolis

Maracana Madness (Flamengo Fans)Maracana Madness (Flamengo Fans)

Crumbling building in LapaCrumbling building in Lapa

me smoking and drinking in the roomme smoking and drinking in the room

Looking for 1BR apartment in Leblon or Western end of Ipanema Jan 6-11th

Hi All,

I'm looking for some referrals for a 1 bedroom or larger apartment in Leblon or western end of Ipanema from Jan 6th to 11th, 2011. I thought I had solid arrangements with one of the larger internet property management places but they rented the unit out from under me. Really poor business practices in this case. No worries, but I won't forget them either. Besides the desired location, I'd like a unit with a washing machine. We're a married couple, no kids, no parties and no "guests". Please respond to my VT e-mail with any serious ideas. I'm looking at the 100-130 USD per day price range but will consider more depending upon offerings. Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

by rkearns

try gringomanagement.com

i've stayed at david's apt. a couple of times in copa.
he also has properties in ipanema. you can look at them online at the address above. he's a real down to earth and good guy. tell him regina sent you. and no, i don't get a commission. he's just a good guy and i've referred tons of people to him.

by Odinnthor

I would hate to hear that Gringo Management is the one that you had problems with. I agree that David is a good guy, and does what he can to deliver.

There is however a lot of that going on in Rio, meaning that they confirm a certain apartment and then you get there and end up in a completely different one from what was promised.

So yeah, I would recommend Gringo as well.....d:o)

Shame you cannot be there during New Years Eve. It THE place on the planet to be at year's end. Take a look at this panorama scan, use your mouse to rotate......let if go a full circle on full screen with sound.....

by RayNewOrleans

Thanks for the advice on Gringomanagement and no, they were not the disappointing entity.

We were originally intending to stay in Rio an entire month over the holidays but the property managers there all gouge the market with absurd prices for that 10-day stretch. Yes, I understand supply and demand just as well as my money being better spent elsewhere. That being said, we're spending that month in Recife, in an apartment on the beach, or directly across from it and then staying in Rio our last week before returning to the States. We love Rio and would love to spend the holidays there or even Carnival but I'll never pay two-months rent for less than two weeks accommodations. We live in the Big Easy so we're not so oogled by the mystique of Mardi Gras any more.

I'll check out Gringo and see what they have to offer. Again, my thanks to all who responded. Best regards to all VTers.

by bahiana77

"we're spending that month in Recife, in an apartment on the beach, or directly across from it "
Give my regards to the sharks, both finned and two-legged.

by RayNewOrleans

Sooo many sharks, soooo few recipes.

Travel Tips for Rio de Janeiro

Galdino Campos Clinic

by Joana2pinto

I got a bad flu while visiting Brazil and my concierge told me about Galdino Campos clinic. It was really food to know that they are specialized on tourist’s healthy.
The staff attended me pretty well and thanks to them I could get back strong enough to enjoy my holidays! Highly recommended.

What to bring along to the Carnaval

by Willettsworld

Here's what I would bring to the Carnaval:

1. Food and drink is allowed in so bring what you want. There are guys that come round with all kinds of things for you to buy from drinks to burgers.
2. Take an umbrella and a light coat as it might rain during the night and you'll be wet for a long time if you don't.
3. Take a camera/camcorder. It's safe inside the Sambadrome as you'll probably be sitting next to tourists as the ticket prices are too high for some of the poorer locals. Take care outside as it's very crowded and there's all sorts of people around. I walked out at about 3am and the area was packed and I didn't like it that much when I was carrying my rucksack around back to the metro station.
4. Bring a cushion as the 'seats' are actually concrete steps and you'll have to sit on them for hours. Again, there are people selling these in case you forget.
5. Bring so info along about the samba schools to read during the breaks. You will probably receive a booklet when you get your tickets so take this with you to pass the time.

DO NOT MAKE TOURISM IN A FAVELA

by RafaelTheSecond

It is very serious...People who live there are not happy to live in such bad conditions, people who live there, most of them lve under the fear, by crossfires and gang wars. some have to open their houses for the thiefs to get hidden, some have lots their children thanks to the conflicts that it might occurt.

Why making a tour to see poverty when you know that poverty already exists????? It is impressive for sure seing so many houses covering a huge hill, which is very common all over Rio de Janeiro, like this picture I took in the corners of Santa Tereza, the back side of the neighborhood has 3 big favelas, and one of them is called MORRO DOS PRAZERES!

June 02nd, 2005

Dress Codes

by dargains

No Rio e comum as pessoas andarem na rua de bermuda e chinelo, e tambem adnar de roupa de banho nas areas perto das praias
POr outro lado 99% das boates, nao permite que voce entre sem estar de calça comprida e sapatos fechados, a maioria também nao permite tenis.

Here in Rio is very common, for people to wear shorts and sandals on the streets, so if you are going to walk arround like this thereis nothing to worry. Near beaches places is also common for people to walk arround, in bathing suits, so you don´t have be all dressed up when leaving/goin to the beach.
On the other hand 99% of the night clubs, discos and etc.. in Rio, won´t let you in if you are not wearing long pants, and closed shoes, i REALLY mean shoes, some night clubs won´t let you in wearing tennis or snickers, this dress code don´t apply to bars, where you can use whatever close you want

TELEPHONE CODES

by Alless

The country code for Brazil is 55; the city code for Rio is 21 (not used when in Rio). When calling another state in Brazil, dial 0, followed by the area code for the city you’re calling (listed in the front of the phone directory), and then the seven-or eight-digit number.

Comments