Provence Golden Park Rio

Rua do Russel, 374, Gloria, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, 22210, Brazil
Golden Park Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 47% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Rio de Janeiro

Ipanema.Ipanema.

Barra BeachBarra Beach

Lagoa from the helicopter rideLagoa from the helicopter ride

The beaches of IpanemaThe beaches of Ipanema

should i go to rio in september? are the beaches nice this time of year?

by wantrio

should i go to rio in september? are the beaches nice this time of year?
how is the weather in the winter?

by cachaseiro

I just came back from a trip to Rio and i was there in june/july.
I was on the beach every day and the weather was nice with around 25 degrees celcius on most days.
September is generally a bit warmer so you should have nice weather i think.

by wantrio

thank u! i will be there on the 10th of sept. any tips or recommendation?

by bahiana77

Take a good look at the info about sights, neighborhoods, beaches, clubs, etc on www.ipanema.com to get a good start.

by robine

Yes, it's an excellent time of year. The weather is never entirely predictable anywhere, but at present temperatures are around 18-23 C (cool by local standards), with bright sunshine most days.

Travel Tips for Rio de Janeiro

The best scenery I've ever seen

by kubowsky

Years ago I had checked some Turkish web pages about Rio. There was a note there written by a Turkish guy, saying ''It is sad to see that but I have to admit; unfortunatelly there is a place in the world more beautiful then Istanbul...'' Now I understand how right he is..... Oh Rio!!!

Great people there. You even dont need to work to socialize. People just come over you and you just start having fun with them. But be carefull about the people aswell... Use your common sense to interract with them....

When you are in Rio of course the first thing comes to the mind is partying... The city's itself is like a huge club. Everybody is partying, 24 hours a day... Even 70 y.o. ladies with their bikinis on... CRAZY, GREAT CRAZY.... !!!

So get ready to have fun there... I had the chance to join to Rio Carnaval, not as a spectator but as a dancer. It was a great experience!
Months before I went there some of my friends helped me to join a famous samba school Imperia Serrana. I guess it is also possible to register online to some of Samba schools joining to the Carnaval at Sambadrome. I studied the lyrics of the song and hours before we dance on Sambadrome, friends showed me how to dance samba. They bring your clothes, do your make up. It costed me around 450 USD to dance through the Sambadrome for about 25 minutes. But it deffinatelly worths...
It was great to be the part of it in front of Maradona, Chavez and many other celebrities...

A day at the beach

by b1bob

The next stop was the beach at Barra Tijuca (which turns out to be my friend Dan DeCasrilevitz's birthplace), a good ways south of downtown. I was ready for the beach and I had my flip-flops and suntan oil in a separate bag. The water was warm, but full of rubbish from the New Year's celebration.

I put on some number 45 sun block while thinking about the cold weather back home. Since this was the last time I would see warm weather until the following spring, so I decided I would make the most of every minute on the beach and the warm water. Furthermore, since it was late afternoon, it wasn't so hot. I was in less danger of a sunburn and I didn't need my flip-flops, which fit about like those special sandals I had to wear at the Imperial Museum. Seeing me cross the road to the beach in those flip-flops that were a little too small for my feet even though they were the biggest in the store was a site to behold.

GETTING IN TOUCH WITH THE LOCALS

by RafaelTheSecond

This is what I like doing witht he friends who visit me....Pierre, my old canadian good friend, when he came to Rio he was in everypart iof the city. Here we took this picture in Lapa!

And he met my dear cousin Gleice!

Once you are in Rio, it is very important to get mixed with people who live in the city, this is the best way to know the secrets of such a wonderful place called Rio de Janeiro!

November 2005

No hats or shorts in the center

by hmoitta

If you go to the city center and do not want to be seen as a tourist, don't wear shorts nor hats. The center is where many people work in Rio. In some government buildings you can even get in if you are in shorts.

17 CHILDREN - WOW

by RafaelTheSecond

I like when someone come to visit my country and really feel how we live, I like when they can be ij touch with my people, I love when they see that Rio is not that dangerous place that you should never go!

I love when the children is alla round, and I love when they come to me and ask questions!

I love people no matter who they are!

Comments